Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Read your bible.

He said;

John 17:17 NRSA
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
He is the Word, get in the spirit when you try to understand scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 09:22 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He is the Word, get in the spirit when you try to understand scripture.
It is plain as day. "Sanctify them in truth. Your word is truth" The word of God is just that, the word of God. How the son of man is the wordof God you cannot understand.

The son of man is the truth. You misunderstand scripture because you do not accept and keep the word of the One He sent, the prophets, who are sent in the name of the Lord.

1 Kings 17:24 NRSA
So the woman said to Elijah, "Now I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is truth."

Psalm 119:43 NRSA
Do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in your ordinances.

Psalm 119:160 NRSA
The sum of your word is truth; and every one of your righteous ordinances endures forever

Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It is plain as day. "Sanctify them in truth. Your word is truth"

The son of man is the truth. You misunderstand scripture because you do not accept and keep the word of the One He sent, the prophets, who are sent in the name of the Lord.
I Am the truth. Can it be any clearer?.y

Old 07-19-2014, 09:36 PM

63,951 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
More doublespeak. You are not denying Scripture? Of course you are! You wouldn't know that Jesus said, 'I am the Truth' without picking up a Bible and reading it! And you believe it as truth! You simply pick and choose which of Gods words to believe as truth and cast away those you disagree with. You place yourself above God, which is idolatry.
We are under the NEW COVENANT wherein God has "written in our minds and hearts" and we Have Christ who abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the truth. The picking and choosing that you accuse us of doing is simply testing the Spirit of each passage against agape love and the "mind of Christ" with the aid of the Comforter. You and all those who FORCE the Spirit to agree with what is "written in ink" DENY the New Covenant and the guidance of the Comforter. You test nothing so you accept everything whether or not it agrees with the Spirit of agape love . . . who IS God. That is not showing yourself to be approved and led by the Holy Spirit (Comforter). There are numerous instances that reveal the work of the lying pen of the scribes, false teachers, additions to the scriptures, political agendas, etc. IF you do NOT test the scriptures against the Spirit of agape love you are making a dire mistake.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,257,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are under the NEW COVENANT wherein God has "written in our minds and hearts" and we Have Christ who abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the truth. The picking and choosing that you accuse us of doing is simply testing the Spirit of each passage against agape love and the "mind of Christ" with the aid of the Comforter. You and all those who FORCE the Spirit to agree with what is "written in ink" DENY the New Covenant and the guidance of the Comforter. You test nothing so you accept everything whether or not it agrees with the Spirit of agape love . . . who IS God. That is not showing yourself to be approved and led by the Holy Spirit (Comforter). There are numerous instances that reveal the work of the lying pen of the scribes, false teachers, additions to the scriptures, political agendas, etc. IF you do NOT test the scriptures against the Spirit of agape love you are making a dire mistake.
Jesus believed the ENTIRE Scripture as the Word of God and so do I.

Such a simple sentence. You don't need a paragraph or a degree in psychology to understand it. Did you know that the Old Testament that I have in my hand is the same Jewish Scripture that Jesus taught in the synagogues? The same Scripture He used to fend off the perverted heresies of the Pharisees? The same Scripture He upheld as the Word of His Father again and again and again?

Why do you deny the truth that is right in front of you?

For example, take Matthew 12:39-41
But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.
Remember the story of Jonah?

Jonah 3:10
Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.
You have said before that God does not change and yet here is God bringing judgment upon Nineveh for their wickedness! God is Just.

You say you believe Jesus is truth and yet you call His Word lies.

We have copies of the Old Testament that predate Christ! These would have been the same words Jesus Himself memorized and taught in the synagogues and believed to be true! They haven't changed! You can go read them right now in places like the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

So no, there is nothing in the example of our Lord that upholds your doctrine. Yes, Jesus is God and God is love, but love is not His only attribute. That's where you miss out on the whole God.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,119 times
Quote:
I Am the truth. Can it be any clearer?.y
God hears the truth. The son does nothing on his own because God only hears the truth. This makes the son, the servant of God, the truth, the word of God. The word of God is still the word of God.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:47 PM

57 posts, read 51,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Judging by the fact(s) it's hard to get them to answer a question and they don't take kindly to challenges of their beliefs or their authority.....I'm pretty sure they're there to tell all the other 100% Bible believers what to think.
I would love to have you come talk to my pastor. He relishes challenges and will not tell you how or what to think. That is not Jesus's way. He will explain what you question patiently and with care. Perhaps you have yet to meet a true man of God.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
What did Jesus mean by this ?. Let me just say this.............. There are a lot of folk on this forum alone downgrading the love, grace and mercy of God demonstrated through the son and upgrading judgement,wrath and destruction, these are the ones who have not heard and learned of the Father. The irritation by them at the mention of love and forgiveness is so telling.

Whosever hears these sayings(saying rooted in love) of mine and does them is a wise man.
There are many who have a spirit of pride and boasting as to being "something" as well. I've seen people like that on Christian forums for more than a decade. I don't know what exactly pulls someone in that direction but my guess is a dash of fear and ego that will not die.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:06 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Jesus said I AM THE TRUTH why would you argue with what he said. He is the mouth of God.............If any man hear my voice, are you seeing it yet ?.
Well, clearly not all believe this, pcamps. There are millions of people who wave the bible around and use it to try to control others rather than using it to bring themselves under the control of the Holy Spirit which produces true humility. I don't think that is going to change until morality is done away.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrak View Post
Perhaps you have yet to meet a true man of God.

Actually, I know many men and women in that category. God has always blessed me that way.

(Welcome aboard!)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-20-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity