Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 AM

550 posts, read 518,453 times

Advertisements

If you are not using the Biblical diet and feel like your South Beach diet or Hollywood Pineapple diet is the key. don't mind me, but for those that want the key to possibly living as long as Moses or Aaron did, then you better get on the Biblical diet of eating fruits, veggies, juicing,etc..and walk away from the Carl's Jr.s, Red Robins and PF Changs, etc.... I tknow that seafood is tasty, I was a shrimp and crab glut at Joes' crab shack but I woke up after I read Matthew 7:7 (Ask.Seek. Knock) and the Most High made me go cold turkey. GOD said we could live forever if we asked him to, right?

so which of you people are scared to live forever? I'm not.

*people don't realize how much "food" plays a part in our total lifespan in number of years.

fact:

Crisco is actually motor oil that's been re-promoted as a food product. the FDA knows this but we in America use this stuff daily in the restaurants to cut costs. no wonder Cancer is running rampant in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,006,738 times
Quote:
and the Most High made me go cold turkey
You now eat cold turkey?

We cannot live forever UNTIL we put on immortality. Until then we have death operating in us.

The days of our years are threescore years and ten;
and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away (Psalm 90:10).

So it seems one can add maybe 10 years to their threescore and ten which is 70 years + 10 = 80.
Some live longer but God knows the length of our days and they are already numbered.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:49 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,587,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
If you are not using the Biblical diet and feel like your South Beach diet or Hollywood Pineapple diet is the key. don't mind me, but for those that want the key to possibly living as long as Moses or Aaron did, then you better get on the Biblical diet of eating fruits, veggies, juicing,etc..and walk away from the Carl's Jr.s, Red Robins and PF Changs, etc.... I tknow that seafood is tasty, I was a shrimp and crab glut at Joes' crab shack but I woke up after I read Matthew 7:7 (Ask.Seek. Knock) and the Most High made me go cold turkey. GOD said we could live forever if we asked him to, right?

*people don't realize how much "food" plays a part in our total lifespan in number of years.

fact:

Crisco is actually motor oil that's been re-promoted as a food product. the FDA knows this but we in America use this stuff daily in the restaurants to cut costs. no wonder Cancer is running rampant in this country.
Fish is seafood. And you left out bread. With what did Jesus feed the 5000?

God never said you could live forever in your present mortal body no matter how much you pray or how much healthy food you eat. Apart from the rapture generation everyone is going experience physical death. Not soul death or soul sleep, but physical death.

A person is going to die when God says its time for that person to die, no matter how healthy he is.

Now, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables because I like them, but if I want to eat something that's not particularly healthy, I am going to eat it.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:51 AM

250 posts, read 219,413 times
Quote:

fact:

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,237,165 times
Quote:

fact:

Are you a an ancient Jew living in the desert under the Mosaic Law? If you think you must keep the dietary laws, do you keep the whole law, too?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,311 times
Quote:

fact:

Do a read on shellfish and the like. Most of these things filter the ocean's water and are therefore chock full of impurities. Here in Florida, there are almost constant warnings against eating oysters. I'm not under the food laws but common sense tells me that catfish is a bottom feeder for the most part and will eat anything. A catfish has no scales. A bass has scales and mostly eats fresh minnows and other small fish it catches. Pork is very high in grease and is not so bad anymore with proper cooking and in that they are not usually fed uncooked slop anymore. Indeed, even though we are not under any food laws, that does not mean we should not be aware of the contents and risks involved in what we eat. Reading the label will surprise you at the amount of sodium, sugars, preservatives, and other ingredients added to our foods.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,260,665 times
Not for me, thanks. I find much of the bible to be totally indigestible.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Do a read on shellfish and the like. Most of these things filter the ocean's water and are therefore chock full of impurities. Here in Florida, there are almost constant warnings against eating oysters. I'm not under the food laws but common sense tells me that catfish is a bottom feeder for the most part and will eat anything. A catfish has no scales. A bass has scales and mostly eats fresh minnows and other small fish it catches. Pork is very high in grease and is not so bad anymore with proper cooking and in that they are not usually fed uncooked slop anymore. Indeed, even though we are not under any food laws, that does not mean we should not be aware of the contents and risks involved in what we eat. Reading the label will surprise you at the amount of sodium, sugars, preservatives, and other ingredients added to our foods.
But they taste great! A whole catfish, battered and fried with tartar sauce is such a wonderful thing.

Personally, I would not call anything that God created "unclean".

Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 AM

250 posts, read 219,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
But they taste great! A whole catfish, battered and fried with tartar sauce is such a wonderful thing.

Personally, I would not call anything that God created "unclean".
Most of the Catfish we eat today is fed grain. And they are good. God knew what He was doing when He made it to be food for us.

I also love wild caught gulf shrimp. Especially the Royal Reds.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Most of the Catfish we eat today is fed grain. And they are good. God knew what He was doing when He made it to be food for us.

I also love wild caught gulf shrimp. Especially the Royal Reds.
Very true. My first job was in a restaurant that served all-you-can-eat cod fillets and chicken. We also served deep-fried whole catfish that the owner would brag was "farm-raised, corn-fed". Very healthy.

Having said that, the OP is flat-out wrong. The OT Law was not supposed to be a diet manual, nor are we bound to obey it today. Truth be told, I lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago doing the Atkins diet. I ate bacon and eggs every morning, and a piece of steak for lunch and dinner, along with a salad. My blood work improved considerably and I saw a drop in bad cholesterol and my blood pressure improved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity