Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 11:20 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I wish EVERYONE a happy eternal life,but it ain't in the cards no matter how you twist it..ignore whatever you want to,but I'm not gambling my eternal life on a new revelation doctrine and if you are truly a christian,I wouldn't stop praying to soon for lost loved ones or the lost of the world as a whole.

Why Christian Universalism is Wrong | Pastor-Theologian
Shows total ignorance of what he is arguing against:

"Christian Universalism suggests that Christ will ultimately save everyone regardless of their faith or lack thereof."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
The teaching has been shown to you and many others in the other hundreds of Universalism threads...Jesus is the Saviour of THOSE who believe in Him....nobody else...its black and white..if a person believes otherwise then they are following a false doctrine that leads to destruction...the "wide path"....this goofy New Age type belief and the "modern" Church tickles ears for membership and money...I would sure hate to have the blood on my hands of all those members of all those mega Churches that teach anything other than the truth when it comes time to be judged....not my rules,I just play by them.
and who shall believe?

Read post 384 & 385

Every knee shall bow in religious reverence and tongue confess in praise and adoration that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

There is no way around it muleskinner, the scriptures are very plain about what we are COMMANDED to TEACH and that is Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN.

Any other teaching then what we are COMMANDED to TEACH is simply another gospel, you know that other gospel we are warned against teaching.

You say you would hate to have blood on your hands, then stop teaching something different then what we are COMMANDED to TEACH.

This again is what we are COMMANDED to TEACH.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, especially of those that believe, this COMMAND and TEACH.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
The teaching has been shown to you and many others in the other hundreds of Universalism threads...Jesus is the Saviour of THOSE who believe in Him....nobody else...its black and white..if a person believes otherwise then they are following a false doctrine that leads to destruction...the "wide path"....this goofy New Age type belief and the "modern" Church tickles ears for membership and money...I would sure hate to have the blood on my hands of all those members of all those mega Churches that teach anything other than the truth when it comes time to be judged....not my rules,I just play by them.
You are wasting your time. They reject the truth, and will repeat their talking points over and over and over.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Do you reject there is a "hell","lake of fire" or judgment? Do you reject the fact that the Word plainly tells you who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven? Do you reject the fact that God has called certain people or acts of those people as abominations? Do you think that God will live with abominations ?

And yes,this teaching of universal salvation IS a new age teaching and yes it is in fact a very dangerous false doctrine that I have personally witnessed destroy a church...we do not ALL worship the same God but in different ways or a God of different names..we do not ALL make it according to the Word and if you teach that to someone then you not only endanger them,but yourself also because. "You can believe a lie and be damned"

2 Thessalonians 2:12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

I am not "arguing " with anyone over this and am just stating my beliefs and what I believe a christian is..imho if you do not follow the Word as it is you might as well be worshiping a cheeseburger at McDonalds for all the good it will do you in the day of your judgment...as I say,not saying I'm right,but in the teaching I follow I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
There is no new revelation doctrine muleskinner. This teaching is found in the scriptures that are not being twisted and no scripture is ignored.

Colossians 1

16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.
(NASB)

We should pray for all people as God instructs us through the apostle Paul,

God bless.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Do you reject there is a "hell","lake of fire" or judgment?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you reject the fact that the Word plainly tells you who will and who will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you reject the fact that God has called certain people or acts of those people as abominations?
Yes, unless he was talking about fundamentalist.

Quote:
Do you think that God will live with abominations ?
If any fundamentalists make it to heaven, I guess it means he will.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
What does the world consist of?
World is another word for poo.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:08 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
What an odd statement
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes.

If any fundamentalists make it to heaven, I guess it means he will.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I posted this on another thread

and was told that there are many scriptures that state God will not save the world. I then asked for people to produce these scriptures. No scriptures were given that state God will not save the world. Yet these same people believe, without scripture acknowledgement of their belief that God will not save the world. They do this even in the face of scripture that plainly tells us Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, speacially of those that believe, this command and teach.

This is proof of the saying that if a lie is told enough time it becomes the truth (so called truth).
As you well know, God does not and cannot sin. Unfortunately, no matter how good your intentions and scriptural evidence- there are plenty out here that live to criticize and make fun of God and His believers. I appreciate your passion.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
What an odd statement

Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
99 percent on their way to eternal doom, eh? Well that sure doesn't sound anything like good news that shall be to all people nor any tidings of great joy. Must not be the gospel that the prophets wrote of.

The good news is that---Gods kingdom is a cure all for obedient mankind. It is good news for the obedient. The door is open to all---- one must do this--Matt 16:24---Few can. Too many put--Money,Pleasures,family--above this--Matt 6:33.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity