U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:41 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,790,818 times

Advertisements

Really ... just how will "God is only love" liberalism do that since when hell is
  • a lie
  • a myth
  • the result of the hate filled medieval Roman church
  • has no place in the philosophy of the 21st century
  • evolved doctrine
  • the biggest lie since God created the earth in six days
  • claptrap
  • a modern Christians accept what heretic Manichean Augustine preached
  • Justice = being sent to hell

........................ ..................
"We will chase ISIS to the GATES OF HELL to bring them to justice because HELL is where they belong." Biden
Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 PM

73,526 posts, read 39,313,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Really ... just how will "God is only love" liberalism do that since when hell is
  • a lie
  • a myth
  • evolved doctrine
  • claptrap
"We will chase ISIS to the GATES OF HELL to bring them to justice because HELL is where they belong." Biden
Biden is Catholic, so I am sure he believes what he says.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 PM

5,548 posts, read 7,212,802 times
Quote:
  • a lie
  • a myth
  • evolved doctrine
  • claptrap

Just rhetoric. sounds pretty.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM

155 posts, read 141,185 times
But, his boss said "we don't have a plan"........

Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM

34,704 posts, read 23,095,627 times
Moderator cut: removed politics and you will never hear me saying anything remotely like Joe Biden said.

He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

The message announced by angels to shepherds IS peace on earth and goodwill towards all men. We have to keep preaching this until those who resist and doubt the message announced, fobbing it off as liberalism, understand and believe it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-04-2014 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: removed politics

Old 09-03-2014, 08:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 6,259,737 times
Well my wife played a video of Phil Robertson (from Duck Dynasty fame) on the Fox News channel with Hannity who maneuvered Phil into this classic statement regarding ISIS:

"Well I think we should convert them or kill them!"

Praise God and pass the ammunition, I suppose!

Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 PM

32,525 posts, read 32,864,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Well my wife played a video of Phil Robertson (from Duck Dynasty fame) on the Fox News channel with Hannity who maneuvered Phil into this classic statement regarding ISIS:

"Well I think we should convert them or kill them!"

Praise God and pass the ammunition, I suppose!
I heard that. I wondered if ol' Phil was going to hunt them down himself. Maybe use a duck call to call 'em in so he can get back to eatin' Miss Kay's vittles.

"We", Phil? Really? Are you going to leave YOUR life to go convert 'em or kill 'em?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-03-2014 at 09:52 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,790,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

The message announced by angels to shepherds IS peace on earth and goodwill towards all men. We have to keep preaching this until those who resist and doubt the message announced, fobbing it off as liberalism, understand and believe it.
Really ...... nothing else? or is that another man myth founded in handed down traditions ?

Jesus said the contrary:
Matthew 10:34
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 12:51
"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."

Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 PM

25,149 posts, read 11,681,191 times
"We will chase ISIS to the GATES OF HELL to bring them to justice because HELL is where they belong."

It's called "Black Propaganda."

If you prefer: Psychological Warfare to move; and control the masses.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-03-2014 at 11:22 PM..

Old 09-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Status: "Welcome to Orwell's 1984 -- Make Orwell Fiction Again!!" (set 5 days ago)

11,021 posts, read 5,145,873 times
Quote:
  • a lie
  • a myth
  • evolved doctrine
  • claptrap

Does Hell exist? Yes, IMHO it does. Is it a permanent state for the wicked? No, that would be grossly unjust. Being punished for an infinite duration = infinite punishment. I do not know of any sin that can possibly merit punishment for an infinite duration. It might be possible that "the unforgivable sin" qualifies, but I don't think any of us really understand what that entails -- if it even exists.

It is quite true that the Imperial Roman and Medieval Church drastically changed Sheol from it's original form. According to the beliefs of ancient Israel/Judaism, after death, everyone descends into Sheol. The redeemed are eventually lifted up from Sheol, but they still go to Sheol immediately following their deaths.

Christianity took great liberties with Hell, the devil and countless other things. All of them are massive exaggerations of the original Jewish concepts. Consider the implications of popular Christian phrases such as "damn you down to hell". Rough translation: Stopped you down to the afterlife. That makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.