Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 03:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

I will pay no attention to anything a woman "pastor" says.

"A minister then must be a man of irreproachable character, true to his one wife, temperate, sober-minded, well-behaved, hospitable to strangers, and with a gift for teaching" 1 Timothy

Old 09-05-2014, 03:25 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

"A minister then must be a man of irreproachable character, true to his one wife, temperate, sober-minded, well-behaved, hospitable to strangers, and with a gift for teaching"
Niether male nor female in Christ.

You do realise Pricilla helped to teach apollo the way more perfectly.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

"A minister then must be a man of irreproachable character, true to his one wife, temperate, sober-minded, well-behaved, hospitable to strangers, and with a gift for teaching" 1 Timothy
If any man be in christ he is a new creation........ What about the women ?.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:39 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If any man be in christ he is a new creation........ What about the women ?.
Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN......What about the women?

Looks like you ladies are out of luck.

All I can say is heaven ain't going to be heaven unless my wifes there with me.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:01 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
May be some people may do Gods work for themselves and the gifts of Holy Spirit may not be there , so people do work for God , and can have a reward in heaven for the deeds that they do ....... Then there are some people who have the gifts of Holy Spirit and live a life helping others by the charity of Christ in a selflessness by what Jesus does through them in Their gifts of Holy Spirit , and can have a reward in heaven for the Work Jesus does through them ....See the Word Jesus does through His children will give them an easier walk in this world , as Jesus can give favor for His Work and can open doors in the world and bless them when they are listening His lead in the spirit .................... Then the work people do independently for Jesus for themselves in heart and have no lead in the spirit could have a hard walk in Christ as they do things for themselves and deny faith with the head of Christ who is Jesus

Old 09-05-2014, 04:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

That's another topic.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
May be some people may do Gods work for themselves and the gifts of Holy Spirit may not be there , so people do work for God , and can have a reward in heaven for the deeds that they do ....... Then there are some people who have the gifts of Holy Spirit and live a life helping others by the charity of Christ in a selflessness by what Jesus does through them in Their gifts of Holy Spirit , and can have a reward in heaven for the Work Jesus does through them ....See the Word Jesus does through His children will give them an easier walk in this world , as Jesus can give favor for His Work and can open doors in the world and bless them when they are listening His lead in the spirit .................... Then the work people do independently for Jesus for themselves in heart and have no lead in the spirit could have a hard walk in Christ as they do things for themselves and deny faith with the head of Christ who is Jesus
That's the question. Does God ask for obedience only because He thinks it would make us happy, or are there other reasons, like the fact that our works might benefit others, or the fact that our works can help others connect with God.

Paul and other apostles were more then happy to serve the Lord, so happy that they gave their lives doing it, but they didn't do it just to feel good aka doing it for themselves like Victoria Osteen says. This is the whole problem with the Osteen message which revolves around the 'feel good' prosperity gospel.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the question. Does God ask for obedience only because He thinks it would make us happy, or are there other reasons, like the fact that our works might benefit others, or the fact that our works can help others connect with God.

Paul and other apostles were more then happy to serve the Lord, so happy that they gave their lives doing it, but they didn't do it just to feel good aka doing it for themselves like Victoria Osteen says. This is the whole problem with the Osteen message which revolves around the 'feel good' prosperity gospel.
To me this is the whole problem of the sin conscious ^^
So you want to feel miserable ? what is wrong in feeling good?. Do you not think that when God fills you with his joy and peace it makes you feel good, that there's a lightness in your spirit, that changes your outlook upon everything you see and causes you to act in a way that is a blessing to all?.

So any intelligent person that knows the sources of happiness is going to go to that source and if you do not believe happiness does not make you feel good then I feel for you, because your religion is doing nothing for you.
God does not want you poor and miserable, he wants you happy abnd prosperous, just like you as a Father have the same desire for your children.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
It depends on the condition of a persons heart. If they have genuine faith in God, then they do it for themselves, but also in honor, thanks, and respect toward God, and love toward their neighbor. If they do it without faith, then they are doing it for themselves, to please God, trying to work their way into God's grace, or because they are doing it for selfish motivation. That is a short answer to a somewhat complicated question. Remember, "Without faith, it is impossible to please God."

Old 09-05-2014, 05:14 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
She may be, but that honestly never once crossed my mind when I listened to the video. To me, she was simply saying that doing what's good, feels good (spiritually, emotionally, however you want to look at it). Nor did I understand her to be saying that our well-being is the top priority for us, but rather it is God's top priority for us. So, if you're doing good, and feeling good about it, that's how God wants it.
I'm going to take your word for it, Pleroo. Perhaps she was saying in some other way that being self destructive is cheating yourself and when you do that you are no good for those who are around you. People who do not love themselves cannot love others. Jesus did say to love others AS we love ourselves. So it is not wrong to love oneself in the right way. I rarely ever watch or listen to TV or radio preachers and teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity