Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
There is no difference between Jew and Gentile. Without Christ they are both spiritual dead. There is only one Kingdom of God, not two, one for the Jews and one for the Gentiles. Jesus told the Jews that when they do not believe in Him they will die in their sins. Jesus is the King of the Jews and will come and reign from Jerusalem in His Kingdom on the throne of David, therefore the gentile believers have to be grafted in into the Olivetree of Israel, they are co-heirs with Israel, to them belong the promises and covenants. The law of Moses is given to Israel, not to the Gentiles, that is right. and the new covenant is the better one, not of the letter, but of the Spirit, it is also given to Israel. Paul says that the sinner under law will be judged by the law (unbelieving Jews) and the sinners without law will be judged without law (Gentiles). There is no cheap grace. Acts 3:26 "in turning away every one of you from his iniquities". This is the work of the Holy Spirit, but without the Spirit of Christ, Jew nor Gentile will achieve the goal. Jesus saves us from our sins, not in our sins. Paul is preaching the same. The one that wants to be saved through the law without Christ is fallen out of grace, the one that loves Christ is keeping His commandments. There is sin to death, it is the same for Jew or Gentile, the difference is the letter kills you without grace, but the NT faith in Christ) gives you the opportunity to confess and be cleansed from all unrighteousness.
Another excellent post. You are absolutely right when you say that Jesus saves us FROM our sins, mot IN them. see Matt. 1:[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Also you are absolutely right that "the one that loves Christ is keeping His commandments, as in John 14:[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Those who claim that we do not have to keep the commandments of Christ do not love Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Till now you have not told us what you think is the true religion of God, the bible tells us he is a Jew that is circumcised of the heart, not only in the flesh and not all Israel is Israel. The Kingdom is taken from them (it will be restored), the figtree is cursed, from this religion there will come no fruit anymore, they have to convert to el gibor (Isa 10:21+9:6). A Gentile can become a Jew to belong to Israel, when he is circumcised in the flesh and keep the law of Moses. I knew such a Gentile Christian who believed it and converted and went to a synagogue and walked like an orthodox Jew. He put a veil (prayershawl) over his head, when he prayed. His wife left him because of his faith and he almost fell in adultery. He heard the voice of God, better than most other Christians, but when he wanted to give his daughter to an orthodox Jew, he heard the Lord telling him that his salvation was at risk. That was the turning point. I knew another young Christian, baptized in the Holy Spirit and burning for the Lord, who went that path, falling away from faith, become a drunkard and committed suicide. Judaism is a spiritual forth, not of light, but of darkness, dangerous, many have fallen from true faith, Jesus is not devine anymore, you have to keep the law of Moses for salvation etc. if you believe like this tell us that we may know who you are. I believe that you are called by the Lord Jesus and you have gifts even the ministry as a prophet, but that does not mean, you are walking right now the path of light. Just my thoughts. If I am wrong, correct me.
Judaism is the religion of God and his son, Jesus may have clashed with people in Judaism, but he did not leave Judaism.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, anyone you speak of in the New Testament was in Judaism.

That's a fact, but what did Jesus say of the law?

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
\

If Jesus were here, would you take the time to explain why he was wrong when he said these things?

Was he wrong?

How was Jesus so wrong?

And when Paul went and made sacrifices under the authority of the priests of Judaism, was he wrong for tryng to prove to the world that he was keeping the law against liars who said he was teaching otherwise?

Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Zur Zur started this thread

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Judaism is the religion of God and his son, Jesus may have clashed with people in Judaism, but he did not leave Judaism.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, anyone you speak of in the New Testament was in Judaism.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
\

If Jesus were here, would you take the time to explain why he was wrong when he said these things?

Was he wrong?

How was Jesus so wrong?

And when Paul went and made sacrifices under the authority of the priests of Judaism, was he wrong for tryng to prove to the world that he was keeping the law against liars who said he was teaching otherwise?
There is a big difference of Judaism in the days of Jesus and now. Do you find a legal sect of christian Judaism today? Jesus told us what was wrong with the Pharisees and Sadducees. They are still against Jesus. Paul wanted to give his life for their salvation. If you want to save them you must become like them, including keeping the Thora. There is nothing wrong with the Thora, but it will not save anyone. Faith in Christ and being in Christ will save us. If you do not believe in the Son of God , that he is divine, you have fallen from faith. Jesus Christ is the issue, and a relationship with Him, not following a religion. We have to follow the Holy Spirit. If you have the gifts, pray and do what He tells you. Do not try to convert Gentiles to Judaism, it will lead them to fall.

Last edited by Zur; 10-21-2014 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
There is a big difference of Judaism in the days of Jesus and now. Do you find a legal sect of christian Judaism today? Jesus told us what was wrong with the Pharisees and Sadducees. They are still against Jesus. Paul wanted to give his life for their salvation. If you want to save them you must become like them, including keeping the Thora. There is nothing wrong with the Thora, but it will not save anyone. Faith in Christ and being in Christ will save us. If you do not believe in the Son of God , that he is divine, you have fallen from faith. Jesus Christ is the issue, and a relationship with Him, not following a religion. We have to follow the Holy Spirit. If you have the gifts, pray and do what He tells you. Do not try to convert Gentiles to Judaism, it will lead them to fall.

I don't try and convert anyone, I try and point out historical fact. The historical facts is the Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism. CHRISTIANTY IS STILL IN JUDAISM.

It may not be the same worship system and religion that you have, but it was the first Christianity and people still follow it.

It's not hard to tell the difference between the two.

I believe in Jesus own words, and this isn't an option for most Christians, most Christians have to find a way to prove Jesus words incorrect.

I will repeat Jesus words, and I agree with his words, do you?

If I keep the laws of Moses and I teach others to keep the laws of Moses, will I be the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven?

I agree with everything Jesus says, but the mentality I get from others cannot agree with Jesus.

If you don't keep the laws of Moses and you go about teaching other people not to keep the laws of Moses, will you indeed be called the least in the kingdom of heaven?

Jesus says you will, and I believe him, do you?

When Jesus shows these people teaching his name in the streets and doing miracles in his name, why did Jesus tell them,'' Depart from me, I never knew you?''

Because they were lawless.

Again.

If I keep the laws of Moses and teach others to keep the laws of Moses, will I be the least in the kingdom or the greatest?

Old 10-21-2014, 12:49 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Teaching people NOT to keep the laws of Moses was probably a bit of a deal in the cultural context of first century Christianity. It's a hard job convincing people of that when they think grace supersedes law, and if God has written his laws on peoples hearts, we've got a bit of a job on. I can't even remember everything in the highway code (UK driving advice book), never mind the law of Moses. Am not even going to get onto circumcision.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
"Fulfil" BIG word. Matt 22:40 is your best clue: 40"On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." And the two commandments are love God and love your neighbor. The fulfillment of the Law is in "the New Commandment."

Old 10-21-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Fulfil" BIG word. Matt 22:40 is your best clue: 40"On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." And the two commandments are love God and love your neighbor. The fulfillment of the Law is in "the New Commandment."

I have much of the New covenant of Jesus only because I studied the law to get it.

If I keep the laws of Moses and teach others to keep the laws of Moses will I be the greatest in the kingdom?

The answer is yes.

That is

If you will believe Jesus.

Do you have the new covenant of Jesus?

Please display it.

I can display a great deal of it and explain it, but let's see what Paul says on the laws of an oxen, just one law.

1 Corinthians
I am not speaking these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? For it is written in the Law of Moses, "YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING." God is not concerned about oxen, is He? Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops.…

That is just one law of Jesus, I will give a law, and you tell me what the law of Jesus is concerning the law.

''You shall not cook a kid in his mother's milk.''

What is the law teaching us in this?

What is the New covenant law about this?

It is not speaking of goats and the milk is a teaching.

What exactly does it mean?

What is the beautiful law of Christ in this law?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Hannibal, you are not exactly displaying you have the new covenant in your manner of writing either.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:57 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:

\

Was he wrong?

How was Jesus so wrong?

Jesus gave the Israelite spiritual leaders every opportunity to repent and make corrections--They refused and turned their hearts to hatred towards Jesus and the followers as well. Not only did they aposticise to bad teachings but rejected the Messiah as well--- then turned him over to be killed.
God cut them off at the precise moment when Jesus died--the banner rent in two signifying this--Matt 23:37-38--- They were cut off of being Gods chosen--Jesus called the teachers--sons of vipers-- The apostles started a new religion, one that served the God of Israel and accepted Jesus as the Messiah.
God left the door open to all serve him( worship)-John 4:22-24--and except ( bow in obeisance)Jesus as the Messiah( Gods appointed king) Daniel 7:13-15.= spiritual Israel
Literal Israel has still rejected the Messiah for over 1900 years.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
I have much of the New covenant of Jesus only because I studied the law to get it.

If I keep the laws of Moses and teach others to keep the laws of Moses will I be the greatest in the kingdom?

The answer is yes.

That is

If you will believe Jesus.

Do you have the new covenant of Jesus?

Please display it.

I can display a great deal of it and explain it, but let's see what Paul says on the laws of an oxen, just one law.

1 Corinthians
I am not speaking these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? For it is written in the Law of Moses, "YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING." God is not concerned about oxen, is He? Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops.…

That is just one law of Jesus, I will give a law, and you tell me what the law of Jesus is concerning the law.

''You shall not cook a kid in his mother's milk.''

What is the law teaching us in this?

What is the New covenant law about this?

It is not speaking of goats and the milk is a teaching.

What exactly does it mean?

What is the beautiful law of Christ in this law?
If I hire a laborer and treat him according to the "New Commandment," that is with concern for his well-being I guarantee that I will not have broken either man's law or God's.

Check the context of the Mosaic prohibition on goat cooking and hopefully realize that it was a specific example of conjuring or attempt at magic. Magic is a kind of control that is counter to an appropriate relationship with God, it is the use of formulae to compel particular results from spiritual powers. If that power is evil, then what is the question? If that power is God, where does the magician get off trying to compel a result?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity