Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 05:42 PM

124 posts, read 118,600 times

Advertisements

Im having a difficult time trusting God, and believing he is good all the time. WHen I have experienced much pain and so have others. Any good heart warming stories, or struggles are welcome to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Im having a difficult time trusting God, and believing he is good all the time. WHen I have experienced much pain and so have others. Any good heart warming stories, or struggles are welcome to share.

Suffering and adversity comes into all of our lives. No one is immune to it. Trusting God is a matter of knowing who and what God is. A matter of knowing about His character and that He loves you. The more you know about God as revealed in His written Word the more confidence you will have in Him. God is absolute good and He does not become less good when difficult times come into your life. God allows suffering to come into your life either as a result of disciplinary action or in order to mature your faith in Him. Suffering can be for blessing. God wants you to put your faith, your confidence in Him rather than on any crutch you might be leaning on such as wealth, health, friends, loved ones, success in some field, etc. All of these can be crutches that the believer depends on instead of depending on God. And so God may knock the crutches out from under you in order to get you to depend on Him. You must spend time in God's Word and learn of the many promises He has made concerning the believer. God wants you to cast your cares and burdens and anxiety on Him knowing that He will sustain you (Psalm 55:22; 1 Peter 5:7). He wants you to not be afraid because He is with you and will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with His righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). If you trust in God no matter what the circumstances of your life He will keep you in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3). God will deliver you either from your troubles or through your troubles. But when adversity comes your way He wants you to endure the adversity for as long as He allows it to continue. All adversity is not necessarily caused by God, but He may allow it to come into your life.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Read and study the Bible. Read the Psalms. Read Job and see how the psalmists, and how Job trusted God and how He delivered them. Once a person has trusted in Christ Jesus for eternal life, his time on this earth after salvation is a testing ground in which he is tested in order to put spiritual muscle on his faith. Adversity accelerates spiritual growth in the believer who has positive volition toward God and toward His written Word, and trusts in Him in the midst of his troubles. You can pass the tests which come your way, or you can fail them. The choice is yours to make.

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-09-2014 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
In addition to what Mike shared, tell God that you need Him and that you need Him to help you in your weaknesses. I find that when I just tell the Lord that I am weak, that I need His strength, His grace, then the burden is lifted. Tell Him all the reasons why you are finding it hard to trust Him. Tell Him about the pain that you feel and what you feel and ask Him to show You the way. Ask Him to help you to trust Him in all things, even you don't understand why things have happened. Because He has great plans for you and He loves you more than anyone can love you. Give Him everything. I hope and pray that you will grow to trust Him more and more in your walk with Him. Take care and God bless you.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
What was/is it like?....complete freedom...living in His Kingdom! Merrily, rowing down the stream.

Giving Him each and any burden...as in, the tension (a big burden) of where are my keys....
What do I wear, oh no...big burden...all the minutia of life...give to Him to solve and take care of...
a story?
He put it on someone's heart to give me $100,000 to pay off my mortgage.
Was I surprised...not at all...very humbled and HAPPY! Surprise is what people have
when they don't know their Father and His Love.
That's what Dad does!!!
Why?
Because I know who I am, and Who He is... !!!
And He loves giving things to me bec I thank Him and acknowledge Him in all of my ways.

And, yes, talk to Him....always be talking to Him.
Be open to His blessings.

Delight in the Lord....that is what He wants...all else will follow!

Old 10-09-2014, 08:03 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Suffering and adversity comes into all of our lives. No one is immune to it. Trusting God is a matter of knowing who and what God is. A matter of knowing about His character and that He loves you. The more you know about God as revealed in His written Word the more confidence you will have in Him. God is absolute good and He does not become less good when difficult times come into your life. God allows suffering to come into your life either as a result of disciplinary action or in order to mature your faith in Him. Suffering can be for blessing. God wants you to put your faith, your confidence in Him rather than on any crutch you might be leaning on such as wealth, health, friends, loved ones, success in some field, etc. All of these can be crutches that the believer depends on instead of depending on God. And so God may knock the crutches out from under you in order to get you to depend on Him. You must spend time in God's Word and learn of the many promises He has made concerning the believer. God wants you to cast your cares and burdens and anxiety on Him knowing that He will sustain you (Psalm 55:22; 1 Peter 5:7). He wants you to not be afraid because He is with you and will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with His righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). If you trust in God no matter what the circumstances of your life He will keep you in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3). God will deliver you either from your troubles or through your troubles. But when adversity comes your way He wants you to endure the adversity for as long as He allows it to continue. All adversity is not necessarily caused by God, but He may allow it to come into your life.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Read and study the Bible. Read the Psalms. Read Job and see how the psalmists and how Job trusted God and how He delivered them.
Amen, Mike !
As you stated "Suffering can be for blessing,"
I believe all are suffering is a blessing as it should draw us closer to our God. Regardless of the reasons for the suffering, if one truly loves and is worshiping God in spirit and truth they know no matter what the suffering, by the grace of God, through faith, God is working His will in our life !
He wants to bring us to the place of complete sanctification in Him, where absolutely nothing can shake our faith in Him, amen ?
He will do whatever it takes to create and bring us to that place of rest that one can rejoice and sing "ALL" is well with our soul.....!
One is truly blessed by allowing the suffering do its work in us knowing eventually God's peace that gives us the confidence, and the assurance He is Lord God of ALL areas of our life !

Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM

124 posts, read 118,600 times
Great replies so far! I appreciate it. I just am looking for personal testimonies too, what happened after complete surrender?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Mrs. DRob and I were expecting first child. Seven months into pregnancy we had bought nothing for the baby... nothing to prepare for the arrival. Yet our church had a building fund we had pledged to give extra money. We stayed faithful to the pledge - yet we had no money for anything... crib, clothing, diapers... literally nothing. We pledged to God to pay for the fund... we trusted God to provide for the baby. I thought I would have to clean out one of my drawers to put the baby in it for a make shift sleep

During that time, I was involved in a Bible class at the church that met on Saturdays. They asked me how the pregnancy and everything was going. I was truthful and transparent and stated that we had bought nothing and were concerned what we would do. Next thing I know, the class started coming up with extra things that they no longer needed that they would give to us. Crib, bassinet, dressers for clothing, clothing that their kids had outgrown, people bought diapers, baby powder , and all kinds of supplies... even got a rocking chair. We decided to have a surprise baby shower for my wife. She cried and cried. So did I. We ended up with everything we needed without spending a penny.

Then at my job - I had been there only 4 months... they threw me a surprise baby shower. I didn't even share any details with them - only that we were expecting.

I still get humbled whenever I recall that from memory. That was 20 years ago - but it was the greatest blessing because the need was so great and it was such a miracle to us.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:55 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
See for victory in knowing God and trusting and surrendering to His ways , there is book of Ephesians which can reduce and could eliminate pain and failure being a Christians ..................... See this book is divided into three ideas ..The first is to know God and His plan and through Jesus the complete character needed as to know salvation and the kingdom of God of living and the dead .............................Then the middle of this book is the knowledge of God in a loving attribute which Christians are to follow in the selfless walk with God .............................Then there at the end of the book the authority of living all your days in the earth and having authority of the believer by the power of God through Jesus for all believer are given to exercises authority against the dark spirit of this world , which is a gift which can stop all pain and suffering and carry on in the earth...........................See Christians who ignore these three areas of ideas in the ways of God can fail in their walk in the earth , but still could be saved just the same ......................... See for victory Believers need to know God in complete understanding and wisdom ...................they need to have complete love for God and man or as to support their enemies in prayer................... then they need to have this authority which God gives all believers and never beg for God to stop the pain but to take up the authority by Jesus name and remove the threats of the spirit which will come against Believers for all victory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity