Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:20 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,029,011 times

Advertisements

A lot of nice round figures , Like according to the traditional time line Adam was created in 4004 BC....So then Jesus was born on 0 AD and defeated the grave at the cross on 33 AD.....Which added up from Adam to Jesus and the 2,000 years after Pentecost would be 6037 years which would be the year 2033 AD or the 2000 years anniversary of Pentecost ........... I don`t know if God is on the time line with nice round figures as Jesus comes in a second coming when the summer of the fig tree is in bloom to stop the world from destroying the church of Christ which is the plan of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 AM

16,684 posts, read 15,693,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
A lot of nice round figures , Like according to the traditional time line Adam was created in 4004 BC....So then Jesus was born on 0 AD and defeated the grave at the cross on 33 AD.....Which added up from Adam to Jesus and the 2,000 years after Pentecost would be 6037 years which would be the year 2033 AD or the 2000 years anniversary of Pentecost ........... I don`t know if God is on the time line with nice round figures as Jesus comes in a second coming when the summer of the fig tree is in bloom to stop the world from destroying the church of Christ which is the plan of God
So then Jesus was born on 0 AD? There is no 0 AD. The calendar goes from 1BC to 1 AD. Most scholars place Jesus' birth at 4-7 BC.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:14 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... it's half of seven.
that's my point, how you come up with half?. no man knows, so how did you or anyone know what the amount of shorten means?, well. as some said 3 1/2 years?. so where in the bible it say that shorten means 3 1/2 years?. and the a half taken off?. well?, scripture please.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:48 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
so the rock record is there to trick us? I think it was put there to teach us. but thats just crazy me. Jesus has as many masifistations as those that try to act like him.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:23 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
so the rock record is there to trick us? I think it was put there to teach us. but thats just crazy me. Jesus has as many masifistations as those that try to act like him.
The fossil record backs up gap theory, which is based on other manifestations (since we are using that word, :-)) of the earth, at a different, pre Adam, time period. The Bible is specific to the Adamic time period and about the relationship of the Adamic with God. If the universe is between 8 and 15 million years old, its ludicrous theology to sugggest the matter and substance of the earth is just 6000 years old.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:01 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
So then Jesus was born on 0 AD? There is no 0 AD. The calendar goes from 1BC to 1 AD. Most scholars place Jesus' birth at 4-7 BC.
I used the date of 5 AD. I've used that date for a long time. I can't recall how I arrived at it though.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
The fossil record backs up gap theory, which is based on other manifestations (since we are using that word, :-)) of the earth, at a different, pre Adam, time period. The Bible is specific to the Adamic time period and about the relationship of the Adamic with God. If the universe is between 8 and 15 million years old, its ludicrous theology to sugggest the matter and substance of the earth is just 6000 years old.
agreed, what got me was the bible itself teaches that the EARTH is million, if not billions years of old. here is the scriptures that got my attention,
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens”. generations have an “s” at the end which indicate more than one generation. so I ask, how do one GET GENERATIONS in ONE DAY?. and two, in Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. now my question is this, if the sun was made on the fourth “DAY”, and the sun was made for days, (see verse 14) then that just told me that a solar day is NOT the same as a God “DAY”. because to have a solar day one need two things, 1. a rotating earth, and 2. a sun shining for light. and the sun was not made until the 4th God DAY. so that shoot the day to pieces as solar day as we keep time with. which bring me back to Genesis 2:4 these GENERATIONS occurred in a GOD DAY, and not a solar day. and I know that generation, which are years, is not “a” day, not a solar day. so the term “day” as to God is not a literal solar day, of 24hr.

so to me, God "DAY(s)" in Genesis, could be millions, or even billions of years in our solar time of "days".

peace,

Old 10-18-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
that's my point, how you come up with half?. no man knows, so how did you or anyone know what the amount of shorten means?, well. as some said 3 1/2 years?. so where in the bible it say that shorten means 3 1/2 years?. and the a half taken off?. well?, scripture please.
Daniel 12:7 1260 days or 42 months.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
agreed, what got me was the bible itself teaches that the EARTH is million, if not billions years of old. here is the scriptures that got my attention,
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens”. generations have an “s” at the end which indicate more than one generation. so I ask, how do one GET GENERATIONS in ONE DAY?. and two, in Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. now my question is this, if the sun was made on the fourth “DAY”, and the sun was made for days, (see verse 14) then that just told me that a solar day is NOT the same as a God “DAY”. because to have a solar day one need two things, 1. a rotating earth, and 2. a sun shining for light. and the sun was not made until the 4th God DAY. so that shoot the day to pieces as solar day as we keep time with. which bring me back to Genesis 2:4 these GENERATIONS occurred in a GOD DAY, and not a solar day. and I know that generation, which are years, is not “a” day, not a solar day. so the term “day” as to God is not a literal solar day, of 24hr.

so to me, God "DAY(s)" in Genesis, could be millions, or even billions of years in our solar time of "days".

peace,

Go back and read my OP. I plainly stated that this was what was taught by Barnabus and the early church fathers. It was in no way an argument over the age of the earth.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Daniel 12:7 1260 days or 42 months.
error, 1,260 days or 42 months, or 3 1/2 years is the time of our Lords MINISTRY, and then Messiah will be cut off.
Daniel 9:25 "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined”. and the city was destroyed after the Messiah, The Lord JESUS death. so that’s a no go on time. another scripture pleas that specify that shorthen means 3 1/2 years?.

P.S. did one know that the 42 month was the time of the two witness MINISTRY?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity