Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If you can't marry you can still live a godly life and obey God. You have a choice of doing it right or just abstain.

Mat 19:10-12
(10) His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
(11) But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
(12) For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

You are trying to make it seem an impossible task to avoid sin. Christ and many others lived their lives without having sex at all though symbolically He was married to ancient Israel and He had to die in order to properly symbolically marry the Church (the Resurrected Saints) in the future.

Rev 19:7-8
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

People who are intersexed aren't eunuchs.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:27 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Not really. You just don't know one of the definitions of the verb nail:

"to expose or detect (a lie or liar)"
Yes I do know the definition. I just said it was an unfortunate choice of words.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
The problem with all these fundamentalists is that no one ever questions and condemns their sense of morality and self-righteouness. No one calls them immoral for mistreating people based on their religious prejudices and how they affect others, especially minorities they love to oppress the same way fundamentalists call others immoral.

But it seems times are changing in this respect.
By honoring the goat herders archaic writings fundamentalists have backed themselves into a corner, and will deny any new scientific evidence that doesn't jive with their Bronze Age thinking. Ignorance is the real sin.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:39 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
So you don't eat bacon or crab, since you try to obey Leviticus? Do you avoid shaving or wearing clothing made of more than one type of fiber? Do go around stoning adulterers?

BTW how can you be sure that the Bible is G-d's word anyway?
Yes, I try to avoid mixed threads and my real heavy stones are in the shop right now removing all that gunk that builds up you know after a few stonings (just kidding).

No, I do not take the law into my own hands but when the Kingdom of God is set up on this earth and Christ and the Saints start to rule with a rod of iron, hopefully, adultery, homosexuality and other sins will quickly begin to disappear. However, in the Great White Throne Judgment if one does not repent of adultery, homosexuality, murder, and other sins then they will die the 2nd Death.

Rev 21:8
(8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

>How can you be sure that the Bible is G-d's word anyway?

For me, it's very simple. God called me and if I fail to obey His Word He scourges and corrects me for my disobedience.
And the Bible confirms the reason for the correction and I can see the hand of God in my life.

But the topic of this thread is homosexuality.

tthttf

Old 11-30-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
No one is stopping you from making your own clothing. That way, you can avoid mixing fabrics.

A sinner has no right to condemn others who sin (not that I believe my homosexuality is a sin). Listen to Jesus' TRUE message: Don't Judge.
I am not judging individuals. I am showing that God's Word condemns sins like adultery, homosexuality, etc. If one is offended at my words then they are offended at God's words.

Go read the opening post and do not attack me because I did not write them or make the decision that this is a sin. I am just the messenger so to speak. If you can't kill the message then do not stoop to trying to kill the messenger.

I have never attacked any homosexual. I even have a former boss who probably is but I have never heard him state that he is one. He calls me from time to time to do some work for him and I always treat him with respect and do the best job I can to make sure my work is correct.

tthttf

Old 11-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
People who are intersexed aren't eunuchs.
I am making a general statement about any strange condition you may come up with that you might try to justify disobeying God.

If anyone cannot function in a man - woman relationship then it is not a sin to abstain.

Really, there are only 2 sexual orientations that are supported in the scriptures:

1) man with woman

2) eunuch (made because of physical or spiritual reasons)

Simple.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I am not judging individuals. I am showing that God's Word condemns sins like adultery, homosexuality, etc. If one is offended at my words then they are offended at God's words.

Go read the opening post and do not attack me because I did not write them or make the decision that this is a sin. I am just the messenger so to speak. If you can't kill the message then do not stoop to trying to kill the messenger.

I have never attacked any homosexual. I even have a former boss who probably is but I have never heard him state that he is one. He calls me from time to time to do some work for him and I always treat him with respect and do the best job I can to make sure my work is correct.

tthttf
If these sins are so important to you, wouldn't you be pleasing your god by telling your former boss, you suspect he is gay and regale him with the same drivel you bring to the forum each day? After all, you've appointed yourself as the messenger.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
If these sins are so important to you, wouldn't you be pleasing your god by telling your former boss, you suspect he is gay and regale him with the same drivel you bring to the forum each day? After all, you've appointed yourself as the messenger.
I am quite sure he already has read my blistering attacks against homosexuality,abortion,paganism,etc in the local paper.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
So you are personally bashing me and any one associated with me and are too busy to start your own thread.

Well, this thread is not about my personal religion, mixed fabrics or taking time to feed the hatemongers who claim they hate those who they believe without proof are hatemongers. It's like saying I hate bigots.

Well, back to the topic,

tthttf
Not quite. You started off by saying "in God's eyes". Of course we assume your talking about your god, the one in the bible. You know, El. Or is it Elohim. Or Adonis. Or Yahweh. Whatever... that guy.

Then you provided multiple long litanies of bible quotes to substantiate your point. So, your trying to validate your perspective based on those quotes.

It is perfectly correct for someone to question the legitimacy of using one quote, but are you living by other quotes that are in the same chapter or book. As such, asking questions on mixed cloth or pork or stoning kids for being recalcitrant is perfectly on topic, no matter how much YOU want to deny that.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I am quite sure he already has read my blistering attacks against homosexuality,abortion,paganism,etc in the local paper.
"Blistering attacks" but, but, but, I thought you preached out of love? I would love to read your local paper, can we read it online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity