Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 03:15 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,018,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
God does not hate gay people.
God hates anyone who He is sending to hell. As a human, would you wish the hell fundamentalists believe in on your worst enemy?

Now, take that answer, and apply it to a perfect, supposedly loving, omnipotent, and holy Creator. You don't send those you love to such a place. A place of infinite torture, for the deeds of a finite time on earth (what, 75 years?).

The concept of a loving father and a place of eternal torment in the same sentence is absurd, yet hell is where most of the fundies on this board believe homosexuals are headed.

You may have found peace Other, but it may not come so easy for some other people who have similar desires and attractions. Many of the posts on this thread speak volumes about the true feelings of those who do not understand gay people and what they deal with. Somehow you broke free and are making it work for you. But why should you have to struggle against what feels normal to you? This is not right.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:08 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
God hates anyone who He is sending to hell. As a human, would you wish the hell fundamentalists believe in on your worst enemy?

Now, take that answer, and apply it to a perfect, supposedly loving, omnipotent, and holy Creator. You don't send those you love to such a place. A place of infinite torture, for the deeds of a finite time on earth (what, 75 years?).

The concept of a loving father and a place of eternal torment in the same sentence is absurd, yet hell is where most of the fundies on this board believe homosexuals are headed.

You may have found peace Other, but it may not come so easy for some other people who have similar desires and attractions. Many of the posts on this thread speak volumes about the true feelings of those who do not understand gay people and what they deal with. Somehow you broke free and are making it work for you. But why should you have to struggle against what feels normal to you? This is not right.
Yes we are all sinners yet God still loved us and that's why he sent Jesus Christ to die for us. Me when I say that God loves everyone it is true: John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him would not perish but have everlasting life. That bible verses includes everyone and that includes gay people.

Love definition in the Bible is as follows: Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

He wants us to all go to Heaven, yet he has given us a free choice to follow him(Jesus) or not.

I am not perfect as no Christians are perfect yet as Christians we are to strive to obedience to the Lord:
John 14:15
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Exodus 23:22
“But if you carefully obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.

1 John 3:24
Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

Psalm 112:1
Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments

John 14:21
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

Sure God does love us, but it is up to each and one of us to choose to love Jesus. Giving your life to Jesus is amazing, yet obedience to the Lord is also amazing and an act of Love to the Lord.

The Lord will provide the Holy Spirit to guide saved people on the right path of the Lord.

Even though so many people will go to hell the bible also states:

Luke 15:10
"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Last edited by other99; 12-14-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 12-14-2014, 06:13 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
All I got to do is to trust in the Lord 100%. I need to have true faith in the Lord to guide me day to day. Sure it may not always be what I do want yet I choose to trust in him. God knows my heart and everyone hearts and he only judges the hearts of people, not the external appearances of people.

A gay person just like me, just as much as a drug addict, thief or a murderer can accept Christ.

A true born again Christian does no hate gay people or disown them if they had a family member that is gay.

God does not hate gay people.
So is that a yes or a no?

Perhaps your forgot the question: "So you believe God has blessed you with the gift of celibacy for the rest of your life?"

Old 12-14-2014, 07:25 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Having recently watched a federal judge overthrow the will of the people in my state who voted to ban same-sex marriage I feel we are in perilous times.

A single act of homosexuality is considered an abomination in God's Word the Bible. Therefore marriage between two homosexuals is off the moral scale as far as abominations go. I think we all need to wake up before our nation is destroyed for this and all the rest of our horrible sins.

There is NO double standard with God.

Here is a scripture from the both King James Version and the Easy-to-Read Version of the Bible:

Leviticus 20:13

KJV:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ERV:
“If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

The US Government is promoting sin and eventually we are all going to have to pay a heavy price.
It appears after about two months of debating no one has yet defeated God's Word. The verse in the opening post is still true today as it was when the Word (who later became Jesus Christ) spoke those words to Moses.

If you do not repent of this and other sins then you will not be in the Kingdom of God and, yes, you will be put to death.

Revelation 21:7-8
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.1
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is time that we all repent and turn to the true God and true Christ and live by every word of God.

tthttf (Turn the Hearts to the Father(s))

Old 12-14-2014, 07:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So is that a yes or a no?

Perhaps your forgot the question: "So you believe God has blessed you with the gift of celibacy for the rest of your life?"
I do not know, only God knows my fate as only God knows of the fate of everyone. If I am to remain celibate for the rest of my life it does not matter and I not really worried about that for now. I can find other avenues in life to overcome lonelyness such as serving people which I do that. Yet when I lived in sin I did desire to have a boyfriend and spend the rest of my life with him, yet I do not have that ultimate desire for now since I became saved.

If I do not have the big desire to be celibate then it be with the person of the opposite sex and it be some miracle by God to achieve that.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
It is time that we all repent and turn to the true God and true Christ and live by every word of God.
You're back!

I was hoping you'd repent and ask forgiveness from the LGBT community for the most un-Christian attitude you had displayed towards God's children.

I'll have to keep praying for you.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:02 PM

65 posts, read 66,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
There is just about more of ALL those sins you mention than there is homosexuality. But it is indicative of twisted religious minds that virtually every thread about sin on the Christianity forum is about homosexuality--and never about divorce--the most prevalent sin among such so called Christians.

So why is it that people who claim to be Christian are obsessed with pointing their fingers at homosexuals? Would it be because they are sometimes adulterers, many are divorced and scripturally living in constant adultery, sometimes they're drunk, sometimes they cheat on their taxes, or gouge others in their business dealings---but they are NEVER a homosexual---so it's pretty easy to beat up on those people?

This is the Pharisee at his best. Others sins are always greater. His own sins are always misunderstood--and minor anyway.

No person can truly become a Christian until they understand how ugly their own sin is in the eyes of God. And then they will want to spend more time taking care of their own problem than pointing out someone else's.
A. Divorce is not a sin. Depending on how one interprets scripture re-marriage can be considered a sin.

B. Sex with a person of the same sex is a sin in every single case.

Bringing up any other sin and it's supposed level of "badness" when talking about a specific sin is always a rabbit trail. The severeness of one sin is not germane to another sin. And it is those who are intellectually dishonest that always try and steer the conversation down that road instead of simply dealing with one subject instead of trying to go off in different directions so that the original point gets lost in the shuffle.

Christians, or at least the majority of them are not obsessed with pointing their fingers at homosexuals. I see these statements all the time and I chuckle every time I see them. If it were not for the persistent and militant actions of a small group of homosexuals who wish to force acceptance of their lifestyle onto other people who believe it to be wrong, you wouldn't hear the Christian community talk about it at all outside the walls of their church or homes. The reason they talk about it so often is because it is the Liberal flavor of the month and it gets continually shoved down peoples throats that they have to accept homosexuality or they are haters, bigots, morons, backward, you name it. The labels are endless. And it is truly ironic that all this vitriol comes from a group that repeatedly and loudly proclaims itself to be "tolerant." It is not tolerant to tell another group of people that they should be forced to abandon their beliefs and accept yours, which is exactly what a small group of homosexuals do, repeatedly. The majority of them simply live their lives the way they wish to because they are not so insecure, and so hyper-focused on their sexual orientation that they have to force others to validate it for them.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-15-2014 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for Moderator actions.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You're back!

I was hoping you'd repent and ask forgiveness from the LGBT community for the most un-Christian attitude you had displayed towards God's children.

I'll have to keep praying for you.
Perhaps you could explain how it is un-christian like to point out sin and warn people about it?

Who exactly are "God's children," and what does it take to become one?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:14 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt1959 View Post
Perhaps you could explain how it is un-christian like to point out sin and warn people about it?

Who exactly are "God's children," and what does it take to become one?
Apparently the pro-gay crowd here can't find a way to dispute the topic directly so they have to twist the conversation to a personal level to look superior. Funny thing is I found the comment to be rather ugly sarcasm which is not very Christian-like, imo

Old 12-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Apparently the pro-gay crowd here can't find a way to dispute the topic directly so they have to twist the conversation to a personal level to look superior. Funny thing is I found the comment to be rather ugly sarcasm which is not very Christian-like, imo
Well, they cannot dispute the topic biblically. There is no biblical argument that would support a pro-gay stance, whether you are a believer or not.

The sarcasm is pretty thick since we are not called upon to support sin, and to lend support to the LGBT movement would be doing exactly that. So the sarcasm would be cutting both ways. If the poster claims to be a Christian and also supports homosexuality, that poster would be standing on some theological ground that has no visible means of support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity