Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 03:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
read the verses before that and you'll understand that it means bringing incense while being sinners, in short hypocrisy.
It says incense. Quite clearly. In the Hebrew as well.

Isaiah 1:13 Hebrew Text Analysis

"Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. "

It's clearly written. Unlike anything about homosexuality as we know it.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 5,610 times
Quote:
incense is not called an abomination here hypocrisy is.
I agree in this particular set of verses in Isaiah there is not hatred directed toward incense, nor the ordained observations but the participants who are involved is the object of condemnation.

You are correct sir.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheEnd View Post
I agree in this particular set of verses in Isaiah there is not hatred directed toward incense, nor the ordained observations but the participants who are involved is the object of condemnation.

You are correct sir.
"incense is an abomination to me"

Yahweh must have really hated incense.

But he finds the aroma of burning flesh pleasing.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I guess you also think that the bible thinks giving money to the temple is an abomination.

Deuteronomy 23-19
don't give the wages of prostitute or the money from selling a dog to the house of hashem your
god for any vow, for both of them are a toevah abomination to the hashem your god.

If god hated burning of incense in the temple he wouldn't of commanded it, exodus 30 34-38
Is that a reference to domesticated dogs or wolves wearing sheep's clothing?
I have found Religion to be subjective, as a multitude do not walk their talk.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is that a reference to domesticated dogs or wolves wearing sheep's clothing?
I have found Religion to be subjective, as a multitude do not walk their talk.
Elsewhere NY Jew wrote that today's Jews no longer believe the Torah is the Word of God. This is in contrast to the fact that he posted a link stating 80% of Jews believe in God. While the viewpoint of the Torah no longer is the word of God may remove the Ten Commandments from being a word of God, it is also removes a lot of nonsense that Christians use to promote hate and bigotry.

Perhaps American Christians need to form a "Council of New York" and vote the Torah out of the Christian Bible. It would solve a lot of doctrinal problems. Jews are leading the way once more. Truly the chosen people of God!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Elsewhere NY Jew wrote that today's Jews no longer believe the Torah is the Word of God.
Most Jews in America

This is in contrast to the fact that he posted a link stating 80% of Jews believe in God.
This was in Israel, you should read more carefully

Quote:
While the viewpoint of the Torah no longer is the word of God may remove the Ten Commandments from being a word of God, it is also removes a lot of nonsense that Christians use to promote hate and bigotry.
If i don't believe it's day time doesn't mean it's not day time

Quote:
Perhaps American Christians need to form a "Council of New York" and vote the Torah out of the Christian Bible. It would solve a lot of doctrinal problems. Jews are leading the way once more. Truly the chosen people of God!!!
the same jews that are "leading" the way on this are also becoming rapidly extinct

Old 10-27-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Most Jews in America

This is in contrast to the fact that he posted a link stating 80% of Jews believe in God.
This was in Israel, you should read more carefully

If i don't believe it's day time doesn't mean it's not day time

the same jews that are "leading" the way on this are also becoming rapidly extinct
Could be. But you might want to look at the October 27th publication of Haaretz. There is an article entitled "What it means to be young, Orthodox, and gay."

Appears hard liners are beginning to see that their view and approach needs to change. Because attempting to "change" homosexual behavior is causing harm, just like it does with "goyim"

Old 10-27-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Could be. But you might want to look at the October 27th publication of Haaretz. There is an article entitled "What it means to be young, Orthodox, and gay."

Appears hard liners are beginning to see that their view and approach needs to change. Because attempting to "change" homosexual behavior is causing harm, just like it does with "boyars."
same thing it means to be young, Orthodox, and atheistic.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
same thing it means to be young, Orthodox, and atheistic.
It does not appear from the article that all ortodox rabbis would accept your narrow view.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
It does not appear from the article that all ortodox rabbis would accept your narrow view.
This is comment by Rabbi Moshe Tendler is very telling seeing as he is considered left wing by many Orthodox Jews
Yeshiva University Commentator -- Volume 64 Issue 1

Quote:
Many YU Rabbeim, however, have been appalled by the conduct of "Rabbi" Greenberg. "Being an Orthodox Rabbi and actively gay is an oxymoron," said Rabbi Moshe Tendler, Rosh Yeshiva and Professor of Biology. "It is very sad that an individual who attended our yeshiva sunk to the depths of what we consider a depraved society," Rabbi Tendler continued. Tendler said that Rabbi Greenberg's announcement is "the exact same as if he said, 'I'm an Orthodox Rabbi and I eat ham sandwiches on Yom Kippur.' What you are is a Reform Rabbi."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity