Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 11:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,268,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
But the members of such groups have a race. Do the discrimination laws apply to everyone or not? Caucasians are excluded? When we are talking about gays, suddenly the law is that the business must serve everyone yet you are saying it is perfectly fine to exclude here.

If the difference is because the exclusion has nothing to do with their actual race, but a moral conflict with their ideology then that is pretty hypocritical when you demand that Christian businesses serve gays even if it creates a moral conflict.
Everyone has a race. I could refuse to serve a person regardless of his or her race if they are being unruly. The reason for not serving has nothing to do with race. Denying service to a KKK group is not based on their race, but on their beliefs. Those particular beliefs are not part of a protected class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 AM

13,753 posts, read 13,407,633 times
TAKE YOUR PORK TO ANOTHER CHECKOUT LINE:
Islamization of the Workplace: Wegman’s Adheres to Sharia, Halal Checkout Line for Muslim Cashier | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,714,544 times
Is there an ordinance protecting bacon eaters against non-discrimination?

FWIW, I did not flag your other post.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,356,785 times
Well, in that case I would say the cashier is in the wrong business lol

I would also say that Pharmacists who are unwilling to give things like say birth control are also in the wrong business. I can't exactly say though that anyone's rights were violated.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:32 PM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Everyone has a race. I could refuse to serve a person regardless of his or her race if they are being unruly. The reason for not serving has nothing to do with race. Denying service to a KKK group is not based on their race, but on their beliefs. Those particular beliefs are not part of a protected class.
And denying service to perform a gay marriage and bless their union is based on a particular belief, not the person itself. In the case of the Christian baker, they have said they had no problem selling baked goods to gay people. But providing a service to assist in a gay marriage crosses into that belief territory.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:37 PM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm pretty sure that they are classified as "hate" groups, which is rapidly where evangelical Christianity seems to be heading.
Which is exactly the way homosexuals will force Christians to submit to their every demand. I said it before, and I'll say it again. I fully expect within five years, every church in America will be forced to conduct gay marriages and elect gay leaders. It's already happened on college campuses.

Bowdoin College Says Gays Must Be Allowed to Join and Vie for Leadership in Christian Groups on Campus

Any pastor who dares preach a sermon against homosexuality will be labeled as "hate speech".

Old 10-22-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
And denying service to perform a gay marriage and bless their union is based on a particular belief, not the person itself. In the case of the Christian baker, they have said they had no problem selling baked goods to gay people. But providing a service to assist in a gay marriage crosses into that belief territory.
Then they have no business serving the public if their "beliefs" force them to discriminate. Pretty simple.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,268,858 times
Quote:
In the city that the business is operating in discrimination based on sexual orientation is against the law. So, if Jill and Joe want a civil ceremony, and Bill and Bob want the same civil ceremony, then the reason for refusing Bill and Bob would be their sexual orientation.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,571,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Jenelle, I am also a photographer, but I would not photograph the groups that you had mentioned. And by law I would not be required to photograph them. I don't know why it is that you can't understand this? The KKK and Nazis are not a race, or a minority group, they are not recognized by the government as a protected group. But for some strange reason you cannot understand this. I absolutely cannot understand what is confusing about this. Maybe you should have your husband explain this to you.
So why are gays recognized as a protected group? Being homosexual so far is more of a behavior than a class of race or anything else. There has been no gay gene found. Some gays are gay and then become hetero in the future or vice versa. I know a woman who was married 2 times, has 4 children and lately became a lesbian. The whole thing has not been explained, it's all on revolving feelings. So why the protected class, maybe you can explain that.

It's not hating gays not to accept their lifestyles but they want to insist everyone accept what they do or they will shut you down. A lot of gays don't agree with that anyway.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So why are gays recognized as a protected group? Being homosexual so far is more of a behavior than a class of race or anything else. There has been no gay gene found. Some gays are gay and then become hetero in the future or vice versa. I know a woman who was married 2 times, has 4 children and lately became a lesbian. The whole thing has not been explained, it's all on revolving feelings. So why the protected class, maybe you can explain that.

It's not hating gays not to accept their lifestyles but they want to insist everyone accept what they do or they will shut you down. A lot of gays don't agree with that anyway.
It's not your business to accept anyone else's lifestyle nor does your acceptance matter.

Gays are a protected group in some places because being gay is innate; no different than the other protected classes (race, age, gender, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity