Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:05 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It's what I've been saying forever--"religious" groups cannot operate "for profit." Personally I'm completely opposed to tax exemptions for both churches and the people who give to them also. People who give should give because they feel an obligation toward the message being preached. Churches, if they are operating at a profit as many mega-churches are, should be a part of the greater society.

Once again, it shows how letting "money" rule the church, degrades its view in the eyes of men. By the way, Jesus saw it in exactly the same fashion.

This "chapel" is not in God's business, they are in the money making business. It irritates me to realize that they are most likely getting a tax exemption that as a "religious" institution that is not deserved.

The judge is absolutely correct and I applaud his action in forcing any profit operation to operate in a civil manner--regardless of the "religious" beliefs of the money changers.

By the way, I practice what I preach with this regard. I don't give to churches, and money, some of it significant, that I give to help down and out individuals and families is NEVER tax exempt. They get my after tax money only. If you're going to be good, be good for something, not good because of tax breaks.

Woe, wait a min.

Does this mean you aint gonna by my miracle water?

You are really going to miss out, but after you by the water, I will send you my book and tell you the gospel for a 75 dollar gift, really.

I will teach you about God for only a gift of 75 dollars.

No really!

I hate mega churches, and their lifestyles are extremely wanting, seems like all of them teach Kenneth Copeland.

''WE are the sons of God, we should be rich.''

The first disciples walked away from profitable businesses denying their whole life, married couples sold houses to live a life in community having common finances, and fearing nothing, they dint build great churches, they were walking temples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
It's the same with any and all businesses who refuse to serve gays---Bed & Breakfasts, cake decorators, flower shops and the list goes on and on. Those people are being forced out of business by militant gays when the same people can go down the street and find someone who supports them. No, the end game is to shut down any and all who do not support gay marriage.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
City Officials Order Black Couple to Perform KKK Wedding

Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Homosexuality & Choice: Are Gay People 'Born This Way?'

First not a choice--at least there is a genetic component that gives a tendency. Second, let's look at what the American Psychological Association says about the hate and rejection spouted by many so-called Christians.

Even if you prove genetics, that doesn't excuse a sinful lifestyle. Many of us are born with tendencies towards certain sins. We still have a choice to act out on them or not. Do you think a sexual predator using the defense - "But Lord, I was born this way" will fly on judgement day?

Quote:

Sexual Orientation

Basically, Jeff, the stuff you are spouting is HURTING people. It's causing psychological distress and mental health problems. I'm sure it's just the sort of thing your jesus wants you doing.

But it's ok for gay people to be hurtful and force Christians to give up their businesses and freedom and submit to their agenda? It won't stop with gay marriage. We already saw one example last week where a gay Houston mayor tried to force pastors to submit their sermons. It will eventually become illegal to preach against homosexuality in America.

Acknowledging that something is sin in the eyes of the Lord is not hate either. More judging on your part.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:21 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Ha Ha Ha LOL you didn't even read the link that you posted! It says at the end of the story it was a fiction, it was not a true story. It was something that was just made up. When you post stuff like this it makes you look like a big fool.

I think you have your Bible belt on a little too tight, you might want to let it up a little bit and get some air to your brain.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:22 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. Nice shot. Wanna take another? I'm REAL good at turning the other cheek.

You should know I keep bringing it up because it's fact and not enough people know that Christians discriminating against minorities is part of a sad chapter in American history. One that continues today with the LGBT community taking the place of the African American community. You can learn or you can rebuff people who are trying to educate you. If you don't like my posts I'd urge you to read and THINK about Wardendresden's. HE has a great deal to teach you and you have so much to learn. Especially about being a Christian.

Nice shot? I am only talking about a debate topic. Nothing to do with you personally. But the suggestion that I personally am not a true Christian if I oppose homosexuality, now that's a personal shot. There is nothing being taught here beyond the typical liberal position that demands everyone believe like them or else we are bigots.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:

Grow up janelle.

At least try to choose non-fiction scare tactics to make your silly points.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
But the suggestion that I personally am not a true Christian if I oppose homosexuality, now that's a personal shot. .

Ummmm.....I never tell anyone if they are a Christian or not. E.V.E.R. (You aren't special. I'm certainly not going to start with you.) I said you had a lot to learn from Wardendresden about being a Christian.

And I made that suggestion because I've learned a LOT about being a Christian from Wardendresden. He's got a lot of wisdom to share.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-20-2014 at 02:59 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
It's the same with any and all businesses who refuse to serve gays---Bed & Breakfasts, cake decorators, flower shops and the list goes on and on. Those people are being forced out of business by militant gays when the same people can go down the street and find someone who supports them. No, the end game is to shut down any and all who do not support gay marriage.
Sorry, but religious belief is not an excuse for violating the law. If your beliefs would force you to break the law, then you may want to reconsider what type of business you operate.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,911 times
Quote:

.....You REEEEEAAAALLYYY want it to be the end times don't you?....Btw, I heard "Bat Boy" is on the prowl again according to Weekly World News!! He must be the AntiChrist! More signs of the endtimes!!!! Call Tim Lahaye!

Sorry... but when I saw this, I just couldn't help myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity