Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe you should worry about your own "sins" and let me deal with mine. You know, that whole plank in the eye thing.
Can you and other people argue a point without making it a personal attack on someone? I honestly don't mind the discussion, even when there is disagreement, but the constant bickering like a school age child is getting old.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Can you and other people argue a point without making it a personal attack on someone? I honestly don't mind the discussion, even when there is disagreement, but the constant bickering like a school age child is getting old.
All of these anti-gay threads here are nothing but personal attacks on people like me. I have been called an abomination, told I'm going to burn in hell, that I do not deserve equal rights, that I am a mistake, that my children should be taken from my home, and that I am less than. So, before you go off about personal attacks, maybe you should try reading these things from my POV.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
You were eyeing that mother/daughter team on Survivor, weren't you? So it was OK for the straight couples to show one another affection on the show, but gay couple shouldn't show affection? That doesn't seem fair. Gay people are sick of hiding, much less cow-tow to your religious beliefs. Survivor has people from all walks of life, it is not a faith based show, even though some tribe members think if they pray hard enough god will declare them the winner.
Did you cover your face when your mother and father embraced one another?

Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
All of these anti-gay threads here are nothing but personal attacks on people like me. I have been called an abomination, told I'm going to burn in hell, that I do not deserve equal rights, that I am a mistake, that my children should be taken from my home, and that I am less than. So, before you go off about personal attacks, maybe you should try reading these things from my POV.
Who told you, you are a mistake? Who said that your children should be taken from your home?

If you feel attack, then does that justify attacking others? What happened to maturity?

Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Did you cover your face when your mother and father embraced one another?
No, it's fine by me. I wasn't the one bent out of shape when the gay couple hugged and kissed on Survivor last night.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:12 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
What is getting old is the constant gratuitous attacks against homosexuals. The motive is mostly "you don't like it" more so, than your corrupted understanding of biblical translation--which is even more childish. BTW, we are living in 2014, not 1014.

Matthew 7
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Old 10-23-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
No, it's fine by me. I wasn't the one bent out of shape when the gay couple hugged and kissed on Survivor last night.
It's fine because, if they didn't have those interactions in some form or another, you wouldn't exist right? It's a part of our existence. To the poster's point, would you see other forms of relationships shown in the same manner as the homosexual couples? I think that is the point he is making. It's not about avoiding it, it's about having it being indoctrinated.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
What is getting old is the constant gratuitous attacks against homosexuals. The motive is mostly "you don't like it" more so, than your corrupted understanding of biblical translation--which is even more childish. BTW, we are living in 2014, not 1014.

Matthew 7
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Why don't you go to the Islamic section and tell them you don't agree with their views on homosexuals too since you feel so strongly.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:21 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Who told you, you are a mistake? Who said that your children should be taken from your home?

If you feel attack, then does that justify attacking others? What happened to maturity?
Posters on this forum in one of the may gay bashing threads.

And yes, when I, or my family, are attacked I will fight back. How I am treated by others is how I will respond to them.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Posters on this forum in one of the may gay bashing threads.
I missed that. I would like to see what you are talking about though.

Quote:
And yes, when I, or my family, are attacked I will fight back. How I am treated by others is how I will respond to them.
Why do you feel attacked? This is the viewpoint of many Christians. You obviously disagree. There are many things in the world that groups believe that you will probably disagree with. Why make these things personal? Why not accept the fact that people will not agree with what you do? Why does the views of strangers on the internet bother you so much? At the end of the day, we have no control over what choices you make. Why get so consumed by this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity