Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Yes it was, it has nothing to do with the topic. If we are having a discussion, the job shouldn't be to tell people what they should be doing, but rather explaining why you disagree with the topic. The problem is, people taking these topics way too personally and they feel attacked. If you aren't prepared to have an adult conversation because this topic is sensitive to you, then maybe the best thing for you to do, is to remove yourself from the conversation.
The title of this very thread is telling me what I should be doing. "Homosexuality is a SIN...get over it, and REPENT!" How is thread not about telling others what to do?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:23 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I care because they are ACTIVELY using their money to deny me equal rights. Why is that so hard for you to understand? If I were actively trying to get your rights banned, don't you think you might take it a little personally?
NO! And you know why? Because what power does a person on the internet have on my rights? If I want to fight for my rights I will take it to the poll. I'm not going to take something personal on the internet just because someone has an opinion that I disagree with. It serves no purpose.

Quote:
This is not a mere disagreement. That would be like saying my rights are equal to a discussion on which flavor of ice cream is best, or which pro ball team is the best. No, this is denying me the same rights you have. You can think whatever you want to about me, I don't care, but when you are actively messing with my life and my rights, we have a problem.
What right do I have that you don't? The right to marry someone of the opposite sex? We all have that right with conditions. If it's about love, and you truly want to be with the person you love, then why is a civil union not enough? At the end of the day, you would be with the person you love, right? Why do you need the government to recognize it?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:24 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Yes it was, it has nothing to do with the topic. If we are having a discussion, the job shouldn't be to tell people what they should be doing, but rather explaining why you disagree with the topic. The problem is, people taking these topics way too personally and they feel attacked. If you aren't prepared to have an adult conversation because this topic is sensitive to you, then maybe the best thing for you to do, is to remove yourself from the conversation.
Wow, I was just giving my opinion! thanks for the personal attack!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
The title of this very thread is telling me what I should be doing. "Homosexuality is a SIN...get over it, and REPENT!" How is thread not about telling others what to do?
Do you consider yourself a Christian?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Wow, I was just giving my opinion! thanks for the personal attack!
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about anyone who comes into a conversation like this.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Every gay person on the planet--was born because of a heterosexual relationship. Heterosexual relationships should be banned in order to rid the world of homosexuality.
Okay if that's what you think should happen.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
NO! And you know why? Because what power does a person on the internet have on my rights? If I want to fight for my rights I will take it to the poll. I'm not going to take something personal on the internet just because someone has an opinion that I disagree with. It serves no purpose.

What right do I have that you don't? The right to marry someone of the opposite sex? We all have that right with conditions. If it's about love, and you truly want to be with the person you love, then why is a civil union not enough? At the end of the day, you would be with the person you love, right? Why do you need the government to recognize it?
What rights did blacks not have that whites had? The right to marry someone of the same race? That was tried and failed. But, you are free to try it again and see if you get different results.

YOU have the right to marry a woman (assuming you are a male) I do not have that same right since I am a female. That is discrimination based on SEX, just like the laws before were based on RACE. Both are protected classes within our laws.

I need the government to recognize it, because I have been denied entrance to my fiancees hospital room, I have been denied the ability to make medical decisions for her even though we have a medical POA. I will be taxed on our property if she dies, unlike your spouse. I would probably end up losing our home to taxes. I have no access to her SSI even though I have been a homemaker and raised our children. Our children can not be legally both of ours. And a over 1000 other legal protections that you have access to after a drunken night on the Vegas strip and a quick trip to the wedding chapel.
Civil unions do not offer those legal protections, and even civil unions are banned in my state.

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Not sure if this has been posted, but this is an interesting video dealing with 6 scriptures about homosexuality in the Bible. Maybe watch this before you become so judgemental.

There Are 6 Scriptures About Homosexuality In The Bible. Here's What They Really Say.

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about anyone who comes into a conversation like this.
Of course you were talking to me, you even quoted my post.

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Do you consider yourself a Christian?
Why should he consider himself a Christian when he sees Christians posting things like the OP has done?

You and others are driving people from Christianity. Evangelical Christianity is declining in acceptance among people 16-29 years old---not because of the sin of homosexuality--but because of the sin of CHRISTIANS:

Quote:
In a 2011 survey by the nonprofit Public Religion Research Institute, 62 percent of adults between 18 and 29 years old said they supported gay marriage and 71 percent supported civil unions. Among adults 65 and older, those numbers were 31 percent in favor of marriage and 51 percent for civil unions.

Asked about the perception that "religious groups are alienating young people by being too judgmental about gay and lesbian issues," 69 percent of the younger group agreed with the statement.

Another recent poll by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life found that nearly 20 percent of adult Americans now describe themselves as unaffiliated with any specific religion and the problem for evangelical churches is apparent.

"Evangelicals have been sobered by studies that show people are dropping out of church in droves," said Bill Leonard, dean of Wake Forest University's Divinity School. That has affected how they relate to marginalized people, including gays and lesbians.
Evangelical Churches Refine Message On Gay Issues

So congratulations. Real Christianity will soon be rampant because false Christianity has shot itself in the foot and doesn't know how to stop the bleeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity