Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
cupper! You are wicked!

Classic post!

Have a distance beer with me.
Every once in a while, I have a good one.

As they say in the Ukraine, naztrophia or something like that (cheers).

Old 05-19-2016, 12:44 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,346 times
Difference is that 2 adult lesbians or gays don't hurt or invade each others rights or security but are willingly doing it and there is love in gay rls too.

Personally I cannot believe some people still are bringing their statements from some old book that some peeps succesfully wrote to cheat and controll people. Bible is one most successfull cheatings in the world..

I appreciate people who are able to make their own mind rather than being book repeating parrots. Live as book tells you if you want to but leave gays and lesbians alone.

If you believe it is a sin, don't commit that sin personally, nobody force you. Nobody elses sex life is not your business.

But why "believers" are committing so much sexual crimes such as incest, pedophilia etc.? Even priests? And some of the priests are committing homosexual pedophilia? What is idea of being religious again? Even priests are not lving like they preach.

Most of people seem to use church as a place that wash their sins away, so it is fine to do more

Old 05-19-2016, 12:58 AM

63,782 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Every once in a while, I have a good one.
As they say in the Ukraine, naztrophia or something like that (cheers).
It is na zdrowie in Russian and is pronounced 'naz-dro-v-yeh' in Poland and Russia.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is na zdrowie in Russian and is pronounced 'naz-dro-v-yeh' in Poland and Russia.
That's it! My spelling was a bit off, but I sure have heard it enough (Ukrainians and Poles settled large parts of rural Alberta pack in the late 1800's to early 1900's. )

Old 05-19-2016, 02:26 AM

643 posts, read 471,422 times
The OP says to repent. This is not the right statement if one does not want to be a Christian. If you want to live as a homosexual and want nothing to do with religion then have at it. You believe that there is no hell or heave as I do don't worry about it. But its when the idiots try to make the bible say that homosexual life styles is something that the bible is in full agreement with. Its not at all and you really have to be a contortionist to fit that into the bible box. This aint Nam there are rules. Well as far as the bible goes. The idea that all you have to do is love and that is all the bible teaches is to take several verses out of the bible and throw the rest away. The bible is a very condemnatory book. Both the new and old testament are very clear on gay or homosexual sex.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error" (Rom. 1:26–27).
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:9–10).
"Now we know that the law is good, if any one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine" (1 Tim. 1:8–10).
"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire" (Jude 7).

Some idiots will say that the bible does not say homosexual. True there is no word that translates to that, but you know damn well what the intent of the verses are. Trying to twist the bible like the OJ trail is just ridiculous. Why not just live your life and quit trying to make a book that does not like your life style like your life style, what next Jews saying Meinkampf was really a book that was trying to say Jews are great people and how to help them? Get real.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The OP says to repent. This is not the right statement if one does not want to be a Christian. If you want to live as a homosexual and want nothing to do with religion then have at it. You believe that there is no hell or heave as I do don't worry about it. But its when the idiots try to make the bible say that homosexual life styles is something that the bible is in full agreement with. Its not at all and you really have to be a contortionist to fit that into the bible box. This aint Nam there are rules. Well as far as the bible goes. The idea that all you have to do is love and that is all the bible teaches is to take several verses out of the bible and throw the rest away. The bible is a very condemnatory book. Both the new and old testament are very clear on gay or homosexual sex.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error" (Rom. 1:26–27).
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:9–10).
"Now we know that the law is good, if any one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine" (1 Tim. 1:8–10).
"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire" (Jude 7).

Some idiots will say that the bible does not say homosexual. True there is no word that translates to that, but you know damn well what the intent of the verses are. Trying to twist the bible like the OJ trail is just ridiculous. Why not just live your life and quit trying to make a book that does not like your life style like your life style, what next Jews saying Meinkampf was really a book that was trying to say Jews are great people and how to help them? Get real.

You mean what YOU have been TOLD to BELIEVE the verses mean..

Old 05-19-2016, 06:04 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
The OP says to repent. This is not the right statement if one does not want to be a Christian.
One is, or they otherwise become, a Christian. Or, they don't. 'Want' has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
If you want to live as a homosexual and want nothing to do with religion then have at it.
One IS a homosexual and how they 'live' is probably no different to the way a heterosexual 'lives'. 'Want' has nothing to do with it. You're off to a great start, vj. Two ignorant statements from the get-go!

Quote:
You believe that there is no hell or heaven as I do don't worry about it. But its when the idiots try to make the bible say that homosexual life styles is something that the bible is in full agreement with.
Well, this is one of your 'idiots' speaking. And this idiot says ...here is yet another ignorant statement by vj! Gee, I hope the contents of your post improves. No one, as far as I'm aware, has ever said that the Bible is in full agreement with 'the homosexual lifestyle' as you so stupidly put it. I, and others, merely say that the Bible says NOTHING AT ALL about homosexuality other than within the context of shrine temple prostitution and idol worship practices. Got it?

Are you sure you can handle those of us who actually have Bible savvy on this subject?

Quote:
Its not at all and you really have to be a contortionist to fit that into the bible box. This aint Nam there are rules. Well as far as the bible goes. The idea that all you have to do is love and that is all the bible teaches is to take several verses out of the bible and throw the rest away. The bible is a very condemnatory book. Both the new and old testament are very clear on gay or homosexual sex.
Yet another ignorant statement. How many is that now ...four? Just a few more and you'll be eligible to win a set of steak knives.

Here is more from the idiot. It's in the form of a challenge. Present ANY scripture from either the Old or the New Testament that makes mention of male sex acts that DON'T refer to idolatry practices or, in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah, attempted rape. Again, sexual acts that DON'T refer to pagan idolatry. It really shouldn't be too much of a chore since there are only a handful of such scriptures in the entire Bible!

Quote:
Five! Any chance, forum friends, that we chip in for a set of steak knives for vj?

I'm not even going to touch this one, vj, UNTIL you start your Romans 1 set at the BEGINNING of the chapter. Start at verse 18 and all will be explained! Remember what I said about pagan idolatry and shrine temple prostitution?

Quote:
Six.

Would you point out from the above list where 'homosexuality' or even an equivalent of homosexuality is mentioned? Thank you.

Quote:
Seven.

Would you point out from the above list where 'homosexuality' or even an equivalent of homosexuality is mentioned? Thank you.

Quote:
Eight. This is getting tedious.

Would you point out from the above where 'homosexuality' or even an equivalent of homosexuality is mentioned? Thank you.

Quote:
Some idiots will say that the bible does not say homosexual.
THAT is PRECISELY what THIS idiot says.

Quote:
True there is no word that translates to that, but you know damn well what the intent of the verses are.
You bet. Listen up. There are just three or four passages in the New Testament that are somewhat shrouded in ambiguity because none of us were there to actually witness what was going on. We only read one side of the issue. However, an exegetical reading of these few texts lead us to believe fairly accurately that pagan idolatry was practiced in the areas spoken of that had begun to take a hold on the early Christian Church. Apparently, even some former 'believers in God' were involved. These were PUBLIC displays of 'lewd' (to Paul, et al) worship practices that involved sexual temple rituals to appease the idols. Let me emphasize ...they were PUBLIC DISPLAYS of lewd worship practices given to graven images! These practices were considered sacred by the pagans and would not have been seen as 'sinful' at all.

Okay, vj ...you came to this thread with an arrogant swagger calling those of us with Bible savvy idiots. Now, here is your opportunity to prove me wrong on what I just stated.

Quote:
Trying to twist the bible like the OJ trail is just ridiculous.
My 'task' here is to UNtwist the Bible passages that have created much discourse within the Christian Church BY professed Christians. Gay people have been maligned and vilified for far too long and it's almost a duty for me to take the wind out of their arrogant sails with the Bible as my only source!

Quote:
Why not just live your life and quit trying to make a book that does not like your life style like your life style, what next Jews saying Meinkampf was really a book that was trying to say Jews are great people and how to help them? Get real.
Well, you didn't quite make ten. Close though. So, maybe another opportunity might come up for you to win the steak knives.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:39 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheists are the ones who seem obsessed about defending gays and only gays like they are the only group in the entire world that matters. But hey if it goes against anything taught in Christianity, I guess they love it.
SEEM being the operative word here. To you specifically. Because it does not SEEM that way to me. In fact the number of minority groups atheists support and defend in my experience is quite high. And often non-minority groups too such as fighting for several mens and womens rights. And atheist and secular charity tends to be higher than theists per capita, showing that they have an innate interest in social issues too. Donate to the Atheist Ireland KIVA group any time you want, it has supported some great causes so far.

So no it is not that "if it goes against Christianity they love it" as you pretend. More accurately "If it goes against Christianity only then do YOU notice it". The rest of atheist movements and campaigns you simply ignore as it is outside your agenda and narrative.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:41 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Why argue with people that simply do not love God at all ?
Jesus didn't waste time with them and in fact said "Do not cast your pearls before swine "
People insistent on sin have no interest in reconciling with God only picking fights over morality.
No where did Jesus argue with these kind of folk , and for the most part it does more damage then good .
Yes there are those that compromise the gospel, under noble pretense, but not necessarily under obedience.
God does not compromise with sin, especially with in His own ,much less those out side a relationship .
Some Christians falsely but nobly attempt to seek after mans approval, when in reality men need to seeking after God's approval. when this factor is perverted that's when trouble arises.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:06 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You mean what YOU have been TOLD to BELIEVE the verses mean..
Did you notice that every one of those quotes were from Pauline epistles? I know the Faithful claim that this is as reliable as gospel quotes, but a lot of Corinthians I looks like he is scratching his head and trying to come up with answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity