U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 10:45 AM

238 posts, read 240,309 times

Advertisements

We are talking here about The Great Reformation (of basically the 16th century),

which was …
The freedom gained from spiritual deceptions and from bondages imposed by man!

I am not capable of giving a full report of how God raised up incredible heroes
who were more than willing to give up their lives to “contend earnestly for
the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” (Jude 3).

Yes, God chose the appropriate men and gave them revelations of His will and the truth,
which was …
The truth to be followed was in His Holy Scriptures instead of in the Roman church.

The history I am reading centers on the lives of the early post-apostolic true believers,
followed by such as: the Waldenses, the Albigenses, John Wycliffe, John Huss, Jerome,
Martin Luther, Ulric Zwingli, the German princes, John Calvin and the French Reformation,
and on and on.

Out of all this came: Sola Scriptura … have faith only in the Holy Scriptures!

Anyone who puts his/her faith and trust in man,
in a religious organization, in “the doctrines of men”, etc.
is greatly deceived and is in great danger of being led astray unto eternal damnation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 11:11 AM

11,752 posts, read 7,646,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post

We are talking here about The Great Reformation (of basically the 16th century),

which was …

Yes, God chose the appropriate men and gave them revelations of His will and the truth,
which was …
The truth to be followed was in His Holy Scriptures instead of in the Roman church.

The history I am reading centers on the lives of the early post-apostolic true believers,
followed by such as: the Waldenses, the Albigenses, John Wycliffe, John Huss, Jerome,
Martin Luther, Ulric Zwingli, the German princes, John Calvin and the French Reformation,
and on and on.

is greatly deceived and is in great danger of being led astray unto eternal damnation.
Today's Evangelicals are nothing like the Lutherans of the 16th century.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 AM

11,826 posts, read 10,811,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Today's Evangelicals are nothing like the Lutherans of the 16th century.
The Lutherans of the 16th century would be very similar to the confessional Lutherans of the WELS \ ELS \ LCMS .... not to mention the Lutherans that are in doctrinal fellowship of the WELS \ ELS

Old 10-25-2014, 06:52 PM

18,173 posts, read 12,571,999 times
Quote:

which was …

which was …

and on and on.

But then the started killing those who disagreed so ...................................

No real reformation.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:55 PM

24,160 posts, read 24,615,719 times
Quote:
which was …

which was …

and on and on.

I'd go along with the idea that the Reformation served an important purpose, but I definitely don't see its end-result the same as you do. Christianity needed a Restoration, not a Reformation.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:56 PM

24,160 posts, read 24,615,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The Lutherans of the 16th century would be very similar to the confessional Lutherans of the WELS \ ELS \ LCMS .... not to mention the Lutherans that are in doctrinal fellowship of the WELS \ ELS
You're one of these, aren't you, twin? I forget which one. Could you briefly explain the similarities and differences between them?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:07 AM

8,699 posts, read 7,917,976 times
Still when believers dwell on the differences and condemn the other churches and create a unforgiveness in their heart and in the spirit , they will not prevail against the gates of hades , as they invite the spirit of divisions which is antichrist spirit rules over the rejection of Jesus commandment `Love your neighbor `........................and many believer who engages in his heart can find that his days in the earth can be shortened .............................. See there is nothing wrong with the great reformation is that it opened the door for more people getting saved for the lamb of God , as the clergy in the old church had closed the door to many people and shut the bible in strict languages only where producing the bible in other languages was heresy , and heaven was restricted and need a break through ........................ BUT then the old churches did go through the Catholic Reformation and they did adopt new doctrines from the views of the Protestant reformation and they are not the same church from the 1500s ......................... Like I said before with divisions we need for forgive the other churches and pray for their church to find the wisdom and understanding from Heaven and the rejection of Jesus Commandment `Love your neighbor ` which some over look , actually means every one , not just the neighbor in the same church were a believer will go

Old 10-26-2014, 07:36 AM

17,071 posts, read 8,688,334 times
I have not yet seen a formal church administration that did not blow it. On the other hand, I have seen followers of Christ in several denominations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity