Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 04:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I'm in the 6000 year old believing group. Proud to say it.
You may one day learn some real truths.

I hope so anyway. You aren't one of the ones with a black heart/dark spirit.

Pursuit of the truth doesn't necessarily threaten your belief in God. It may just expand the parameters of the characteristics of the God you presently worship.

The God you worship is small - as evidenced by his ever-so-human petulance and murderous tantrums.

As you grow, so will your God.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
But, that is not part of the bible, is it? Nor are the Nag Hammadi books. Do you really want to go down that road? Because I'm loaded for bear if you do.
Sure I can go down that road.

Is this in your Bible?:

Jos_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:16 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altruistic1 View Post
I was raised Catholic and Catholic schools teach evolution and try not to contradict science, however many evangelicals still think the world is only 6,000 years old which leads to distrust of Biology and many other areas of science like climate science. Why this conflict?
As many will attest to saying not to believe everything you read, funny how that does not apply to evolution theory but to the Bible and everything else in life.

Common sense dictates that when measuring how old the earth is, there is cause to disqualify the scientific means because they get errant results from measuring how old something is within our known history and yet we are to accept at face value that they are capable in measuring how old something is that cannot be confirmed by history.

Now think about that. If we get errant results from measuring how old something is within our lifetime and known history, why believe any result as if it is a fact when no one can confirm or deny any results outside our known history?

Bottomline; no one can prove that the earth is older than 6,000 years. That should be a kick in the butt but people believe what they want to believe and just gloss over that.

It is unfortunate that those that believe in the evolution theory ignores how the very laws of science, the 1st & 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Biogenesis, can disprove the evolution theory from ever happening. If you really look at those laws and what evolution theory represents, you would know that.

But those that want to believe in the evolution theroy will rewrite the laws of science as if it is not definite and quite bendable while the evolution theory is law. This is why it is pointless to argue the matter.

I believe the Bible as Jesus has validated scripture as something that cannot be broken; meaning it is true and cannot be rewritten as much as science does when modifying the "facts" of the evolution theory as time goes on. Jesus testified to the first marriage and thus Adam & Eve with Eve coming out of Adam to be his wife, and Jesus testified that the seventh day was created for man, signifying God resting on that day from His creation 6 days week.

Paul testified to how death came into the world because of sin and how from Adam, death came unto all because of sin whereas life shall come unto all that believe in Jesus Christ. So death was not in the world before sin came, and therefore there can be no life that "died" out before Adam.

Scripture describes a behemoth as a dinosaur in Job 40th chapter and yet dinosaurs died out in according to the evolution theory before man came unto the scene so how can he describe a living one?

So there is just cause to believe in the Bible more than the ever modifying "facts" of the evolution theory. Let every man be a liar and let God be true.

Remove all the references to the evolution theory out of the science and biology books, and you will get practical science that can be observed and proven, but it seems the cult running amok in science are never going to let that happen.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:36 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
As many will attest to saying not to believe everything you read, funny how that does not apply to evolution theory but to the Bible and everything else in life.

Common sense dictates that when measuring how old the earth is, there is cause to disqualify the scientific means because they get errant results from measuring how old something is within our known history and yet we are to accept at face value that they are capable in measuring how old something is that cannot be confirmed by history.

Now think about that. If we get errant results from measuring how old something is within our lifetime and known history, why believe any result as if it is a fact when no one can confirm or deny any results outside our known history?

Bottomline; no one can prove that the earth is older than 6,000 years. That should be a kick in the butt but people believe what they want to believe and just gloss over that.

It is unfortunate that those that believe in the evolution theory ignores how the very laws of science, the 1st & 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Biogenesis, can disprove the evolution theory from ever happening. If you really look at those laws and what evolution theory represents, you would know that.

But those that want to believe in the evolution theroy will rewrite the laws of science as if it is not definite and quite bendable while the evolution theory is law. This is why it is pointless to argue the matter.

I believe the Bible as Jesus has validated scripture as something that cannot be broken; meaning it is true and cannot be rewritten as much as science does when modifying the "facts" of the evolution theory as time goes on. Jesus testified to the first marriage and thus Adam & Eve with Eve coming out of Adam to be his wife, and Jesus testified that the seventh day was created for man, signifying God resting on that day from His creation 6 days week.

Paul testified to how death came into the world because of sin and how from Adam, death came unto all because of sin whereas life shall come unto all that believe in Jesus Christ. So death was not in the world before sin came, and therefore there can be no life that "died" out before Adam.

Scripture describes a behemoth as a dinosaur in Job 40th chapter and yet dinosaurs died out in according to the evolution theory before man came unto the scene so how can he describe a living one?

So there is just cause to believe in the Bible more than the ever modifying "facts" of the evolution theory. Let every man be a liar and let God be true.

Remove all the references to the evolution theory out of the science and biology books, and you will get practical science that can be observed and proven, but it seems the cult running amok in science are never going to let that happen.

That supposed Dino in Job is shown resting under the shade of a brush tree that only gets 4 feet high.

It would be a small dino.

Evolution is not a theory, the bible not only agrees with evolution, it in fact teaches evolution.

It is a goat, ram temple, it continually relates people to animals, and it puts the sin of the world on an animal, the tent of meeting is made from animals skins, and that temple evolves into human skins.

The only reason Christians have a real problem with science is that most believe the preconceived false teaching of countless of people trying to explain the origins of man, the bible backs up the big bang, it backs up even the eating of meat causing humans brains to excel to where they say,'' We are naked.''

It is said to them, '' Who told you?''

We are shown a hidden man inside the skins of animals time and time again. WE are born as animals and how can anyone deny this body of death going the way all life goes? We were made from the dust of the Earth, have you ever considered that we ARE the Earth?

What do you see when you see Jacob inside the skin of an animal, and his father sees the skin of an animal as his son,'' Esau?''

It is a picture of a hidden man of spirit INSIDE an animal.

Cain and Able were not two person, Abel was inside Cain, and Cain was his brother's keeper.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post

I hope you're young. You have very much to learn.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Sure I can go down that road.

Is this in your Bible?:

Jos_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
You don't get the point.

I really don't care what is in the bible... it was a bunch of myths perpetrated by a bunch of bronzed aged, superstitious, ignorant wandering goat herders who adapted some older tales from the tribes around them, including the teachings of Zoroaster and other Persians.

Why would one give any credence to the bunch of them?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That supposed Dino in Job is shown resting under the shade of a brush tree that only gets 4 feet high.

It would be a small dino.
It does not say a "brush" tree and so your application is in error. Trees can grow taller than a dinosaur and having a tail of a cedar which is a tree, pretty much depicts it as a dinosaur.

Quote:
Evolution is not a theory, the bible not only agrees with evolution, it in fact
teaches evolution.
Feel free to provide the link where the news flash states the Law of Evolution, because I never heard of it nor read it.

Now if you wish to explain how the evolution theory is not a theory and yet you keep saying evolution theory, that pretty much will sum up to double talking and I am not amused.

Quote:
It is a goat, ram temple, it continually relates people to animals, and it puts
the sin of the world on an animal, the tent of meeting is made from animals
skins, and that temple evolves into human skins.
Unless I misunderstood your referential explanation here, anyone reading the description of the behemoth in Job 40th chapter can see it is not a goat.

Quote:
The only reason Christians have a real problem with science is that most believe the preconceived false teaching of countless of people trying to explain the origins of man, the bible backs up the big bang, it backs up even the eating of meat causing humans brains to excel to where they say,'' We are naked.''

It is said to them, '' Who told you?''

We are shown a hidden man inside the skins of animals time and time again. WE are born as animals and how can anyone deny this body of death going the way all life goes? We were made from the dust of the Earth, have you ever considered that we ARE the Earth?

What do you see when you see Jacob inside the skin of an animal, and his father sees the skin of an animal as his son,'' Esau?''

It is a picture of a hidden man of spirit INSIDE an animal.

Cain and Able were not two person, Abel was inside Cain, and Cain was his brother's keeper.
Your attempts at the metaphorical application of the Bible is elusive and evasive.

Explain the laws of science in your own words and why the evolution theory is not running counterintuitive to them.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope you're young. You have very much to learn.
I am not young. I am not that old either, but people do die at my age rather surprisingly.

And when the truth be known to you, you will find that you should not have placed your trust in man's words, but in God's words instead. Jesus surely backed up the scripture so where is your faith in?

Old 12-06-2014, 09:24 AM

518 posts, read 469,759 times
I still wonder why the OP thinks anyone believes the world is 6 point 000 years old!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:29 AM

[quote=PoorInSpirit;37538423]I am not young. I am not that old either, but people do die at my age rather surprisingly.

And when the truth be known to you, you will find that you should not have placed your trust in man's words, but in God's words instead. Jesus surely backed up the scripture so where is your faith in?[/quote]

My faith is where it should be, in reality.

Yours apparently, is in a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity