Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:50 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,547,177 times

Advertisements

The difference between redemption and salvation
concerning the Pope's sermon last year..

Redemption IS NOT Salvation.
What Pope Francis really said about atheists | CatholicVote.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 04:09 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,433,371 times
There is a difference between redemption and salvation.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:14 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,788,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The difference between redemption and salvation
concerning the Pope's sermon last year..

Redemption IS NOT Salvation.
What Pope Francis really said about atheists | CatholicVote.org
In every passage Peter & Paul uses "redeemed" they are speaking unquestionably about salvation.

Quote:
First Peter 1:18-19 says,
“Knowing that it was not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, that you were redeemed from your vain manner of life handed down from your fathers, but with precious blood, as of a Lamb without blemish and without spot, the blood of Christ.”

Quote:
Ephesians 1:7New International Version (NIV)
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
It is current theologians who are trying to create this distinction between the two; trying to create the mirage that in redemption one is saved but NOT really saved, while in salvation is really, REALLY saved, only because they want to make absolutely certain people don't begin to believe that atheists are getting a free ride into heaven while they have to work for their salvation. Such petty jealousies. Such tripe.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Spin is becoming an art form.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
In every passage Peter & Paul uses "redeemed" they are speaking unquestionably about salvation.

It is current theologians who are trying to create this distinction between the two; trying to create the mirage that in redemption one is saved but NOT really saved, while in salvation is really, REALLY saved, only because they want to make absolutely certain people don't begin to believe that atheists are getting a free ride into heaven while they have to work for their salvation. Such petty jealousies. Such tripe.
You are wrong. Christ is the Redeemer because he Redeemed all men to God, by his sacrifice
and resurrection, all were redeemed by his Blood. But that does not mean that ALL will enter
Heaven, only that he made it possible for them to enter Heaven.
Christ made this painfully clear Himself. He said so. Pope Francis did not say all
enter Heaven. You can choose to believe a Huffington Post headline or you can choose
to believe the Bible. When you meet Jesus after a lifetime of unrepentant sin, and not living
according to His Word, then you can tell him "but, Huffington Post said the Pope said all
atheists go to Heaven".. I'm sure Jesus really thinks a lot about these anti-Christ media
whores, I'm sure he really thinks highly of them.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
You are wrong. Christ is the Redeemer because he Redeemed all men to God, by his sacrifice
and resurrection, all were redeemed by his Blood. But that does not mean that ALL will enter
Heaven, only that he made it possible for them to enter Heaven.
Christ made this painfully clear Himself. He said so. Pope Francis did not say all
enter Heaven. You can choose to believe a Huffington Post headline or you can choose
to believe the Bible. When you meet Jesus after a lifetime of unrepentant sin, and not living
according to His Word, then you can tell him "but, Huffington Post said the Pope said all
atheists go to Heaven".. I'm sure Jesus really thinks a lot about these anti-Christ media
whores, I'm sure he really thinks highly of them.
And I'm sure Jesus, his dad, and all members of CD forums are pleased to have you - a person who knows what Jesus thinks - here to guide us.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And I'm sure Jesus, his dad, and all members of CD forums are pleased to have you - a person who knows what Jesus thinks - here to guide us.

you should listen to me. I am one of the few on this blather board that
knows anything about what he's talking about.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times
Quote:
You're a Catholic, right?

Maybe you should lecture all the people on this board who call themselves Christians and who think your religion precludes you from Heaven.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I have a hunch that comes as news to at least a few.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,433,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Well when one reads what Jesus said how can one say He is lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity