Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauricioCantos View Post
if he didnt have to and was then thats just being very lazy
Only if there is more that needs to be done that he is ignoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you know that how? The Bible tells us God rested. That's it. It doesn't state His motivation for resting. It doesn't state He had a desire to rest.

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." KJV.

Please tell us where in that verse it says God "wanted" to rest. (If you know the reason God does things you might want to alert the media. They'll probably clog up your driveway and use the lawn to park their satellite trucks but since people have been pondering His reasons for eons... and you have the answers.... your grass isn't going to be a real high priority. Sorry.)
God is omnipotent. He is not of flesh and bones, and is everlasting...eternal. Do you REALLY think he was tired?

Old 11-02-2014, 07:48 AM

14,873 posts, read 17,143,188 times
My statement should have shown my correction, Vizio, that God did not get tired. I don't know why it did not show up. I am having some computer problems God bless.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
My statement should have shown my correction, Vizio, that God did not get tired. I don't know why it did not show up. I am having some computer problems God bless.
Ahh.....very cool.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God is omnipotent. He is not of flesh and bones, and is everlasting...eternal. Do you REALLY think he was tired?
That has nothing to do with my post. I'll try one more time. Very simple request. Show us where in the Bible it says God "wanted" to rest.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-02-2014 at 08:12 AM..

Old 11-02-2014, 10:35 AM

24 posts, read 77,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That has nothing to do with my post. I'll try one more time. Very simple request. Show us where in the Bible it says God "wanted" to rest.
so you are saying he was forced? LOL

Old 11-02-2014, 11:46 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The foundation was laid, and he sent his carpenter to show you how to build upon it.
I hope your house does not come crumbling down, around your, generally speaking, ideologies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Or yours.
The blueprint says to love your neighbor; it's not a straw or wood house that goes up in smoke.
One will never rest in peace, as long as they
harbor the idea of separation, creating division?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:09 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
maybe it explains why a lot of bad things happen to people, maybe God is resting too much and innocent people get killed, raped, tortured every day because of him resting.
Not resting, but allowing.
God is resting from his ' creative works' , but God and Jesus are working. -> see John 5 v 17
Until the coming time of Jesus' 1000-year kingdom reign over earth it is now ' spiritual works ' which takes precedent.
It is mankind's mismanaging of earth that causes trouble for innocent people.
As Ecclesiastes 8 v 9 says it is Man who dominates man to man's hurt or injury.
God forces No one to obey him. Adam was Not forced to obey or submit to God's law.
God gave mankind the Golden Rule. It is mankind that is Not living by the Golden Rule.
God will bring to ruin those ruining earth - see -> Revelation 11 v 18 B

Old 11-02-2014, 04:36 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,162 times
Quote:
so everything in the bible is symbolic? that's all I hear Christians saying about the bible, the flood during Noah's days was symbolic, the world ending is symbolic, Christ coming back is symbolic
Sure, why not. It could be.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Actually, the Sabbath (day of rest) was created FOR MAN.
This is why I thought God rested on the seventh day, to show us that we too should rest/not work. I'm not sure if this is true or not though. Growing up we went to church on Sundays and spent time with family. It was a day of rest, and I think I was told it was disrespectful to do housework on that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity