Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Paul continue keeping the laws of Moses till he died?
Yes 3 25.00%
No 9 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,249,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Jews have historically been the only people who follow the ways of the Messiah.

For 2000 years they have been persecuted for keeping the worship system of the son of God.

If you want to learn about the son of God, where will you turn?

The Jews celebrate and know the days of Messiah, and if it was not for them, the knowledge of Messiah would now be lost.

In Revelation it says,'' There shall be 30 min of silence in heaven.''

I could speak about this to an unbelieving Jew who knows the comings and goings of the Temple, but can I speak about it with a Christian?

The Christian claims to believe in Christ, where the Jews actually follow the ways of Christ.

The Jews know the Messiah and the comings and goings of his temple with his Sabbaths and 7 feast days, and I could strike up a conversation about Shemini Atzereth or Simchat Torah with Jew who doesn't believe in Jesus, but will I have the same conversation with a Christian?

Saying and doing are two different things.

Saying that you know the Messiah, is not the same thing as actually knowing the Messiah and keeping his ways that are particular to God's peculiar people.

Knowing the Messiah is to know the laws, and the comings and goings of the Temple surrounding the 7 visitation days that God has appointed for his son.

The Jews know these things, it is very rare to find a Christian who also knows the Messiah in this way.
The nation rejected the real messiah and is still waiting for what is done and finished. They still Reject Jesus as a nation and in doings so reject God's arrangement. God rejected them and still does, he accepts individuals but the Nation is no longer of importance.

Yes they kept the scrolls and some actually paid attention to them and followed Jesus and the rest, including the national and religious leaders, did not. That is why their "house" is desolate or empty. God abandoned it for His new New nation of "Christians of all Races and Nations.Modern Israel is Hagar and not part of the Israel of God..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,249,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How can a Jew today follow the law when there is no tabernacle? Are they taking their tithes to Jerusalem to the Levitical priesthood? Are they doing ALL the law? If not, they are under a curse.
Every time after the Nation was formed that they could not worship according to God's law, was when God punished them. The 10 tribes were never gathered again as a people/nation and the 2 tribe Kingdom was punished in the 6th century by deportation to Babylon, gathered back and then ended in 70 AD.

They can't worship properly because God no longer deals with them as a nNation. Individuals can worship properly when they become Christians. That old Nation and arrangement of worship, is gone.

They look for excuses, but none exist in the law they still claim is true, sooooooo ...they are not able to worship God according to that old Law covenant and must come under the new covenant/arrangement to offer worship He accepts.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:32 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,989,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If two people cannot make a decision to believe what Christ said, then how could the two continue a serious conversation?

If all of what you say contradicts Jesus, where do you go from there?

If Jesus spoke of the law as he did, it is written in stone to me.

''I did not come to abolish the laws.''

Your mentality says otherwise.

'' He who keeps even the least of the laws and teaches others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.''

Everything you say looks to rationalize why Jesus was wrong.
You have some very important research to continue to do on this subject. Because it has been presented here that following the letter of the law put you in a class of character that is contrary to Christ. The Letter CAN contradict the Spirit - that is the most important piece you need to understand. Here is my Speed limit analogy again:

I'll give you another way to think about the law.

I'm going to use the example of the Speed Limit. At some point in time before there was speed limits the community law makers got together and decided they needed to REDUCE INJURY AND DEATH on the Highways. This was the SPIRIT of the LAW. To establish this spirit they required the governed to OBEY ESTABLISHED SPEED LIMITS - this is the LETTER of the LAW.

So let's recap:

Spirit of the law = to Reduce Injury and Death on the Highways.
Letter of the law = Obey established speed limits.

Now consider a family out on the interstate and a flatbed truck carrying tires sudden hits a bump and one of the tires falls of the truck and begins rolling diagnally towards the family. The driver in the car realizes that if they slam on their breaks to avoid the tire rolling towards their lane that the car behind them will not have enough time to stop and will rear end them. However, if they speed up quickly (over the speed limit) the tire will pass between both cars and nobody will be injured which is decision the driver makes.

Now the Driver of the car would be GUILTY according to the LETTER of the Law but INNOCENT by the SPIRIT of the Law since they reduced injury and death on the highway.

This was the problem with the LETTER of the LAW and why it was abolished. Because if you went by the letter you unjustly punished the innocent.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:46 PM

22,764 posts, read 10,223,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The nation rejected the real messiah and is still waiting for what is done and finished. They still Reject Jesus as a nation and in doings so reject God's arrangement. God rejected them and still does, he accepts individuals but the Nation is no longer of importance.

Yes they kept the scrolls and some actually paid attention to them and followed Jesus and the rest, including the national and religious leaders, did not. That is why their "house" is desolate or empty. God abandoned it for His new New nation of "Christians of all Races and Nations.Modern Israel is Hagar and not part of the Israel of God..

Gentiles rejected Jesus and the covenant 100 years after Jesus, they were a legal sect of Judaism for 100 years.

Are you still in that same religion?

300 years after Jesus, they made it law everywhere, to reject the worship system of the Messiah.

You look at the Jews like they reject the Messiah, and I look at Christians the same way.

I don't know you.

But let's say that you have rejected the Passover of Christ, this isn't hard to see in people cause they never have a clue when Passover is, they know when Easter is, they know when Christmas is, and so they are well trained in the Messiah of Babylon, and it is no secret that the church took on Pagan Sabbaths and feasts.

This is a conversion.

This is leaving a worship system of the Jewish Messiah and all the things that teach of him.

I was raised a Christian, and although I said,'' Jesus,'' My Sabbaths and all my feasts taught of Tammuz.

Tell me, what does Shemini Atzaereth teach of Jesus?

What is the promise that humans are waiting on in Shemini Atzereth?

I am speaking about the feast days and worship system of Jesus, do you know them?

Do you know his worship system, and can you explain why somebody would need a Passover lamb?

The Passover is just one of 7 feast days that teach of Jesus, if you know Jesus, then what does Shemini Atzereth teach?

Or is it, that you know Jesus by name and keep the Sabbaths and feasts of another God?

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for 100 years, and then the gentiles departed and converted their entire worship system to Pagan worship systems.

Do you really accept Jesus and his worship system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity