Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Zur Zur started this thread

949 posts, read 830,551 times

Advertisements

Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God. He first said: repent. Repentance is for an unbeliever to turn to God and Jesus said without Him no one can come to God. Therefore the unbeliever has to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Son of God 1.Jn 4:15) to receive the Kingdom. For a believer repentance means to forsake his sins (1.Jn 1:9). He has to live the gospel, that includes both repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. It is the work of the Holy Spirit in us, we have to obey, or how can we call Jesus otherwise our Lord (Mt 7:21). Faith means living the gospel and that includes works of the Holy Spirit, changing our lives and hearts, without Christ it is dead work and without fruit. Sin to death separates a believer from the Kingdom and without repentance it separates from God. The gospel is therefore a life of repentance and a life of faith in Christ Jesus. We have to have faith in Him and remain in Him, outside of Christ a person is spiritual dead (Rev 3:1-5).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 03:23 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
``Sounds right on target ``, Jesus Spirit would say to that ..........As this is what Jesus spirit would say to me from time to time on things that come up ...... As you ask a person who is dominated with the spirit of this world and he would say ``I don`t like that ``, so which Spirit is from God in discernment of spirit , the one who agrees with what is on the Original Post or the one who disagrees with these truths? .........See repentance put the believer in sync, with God and His Word and is a worship to the Lord when people do repent and turn away from sin

Old 09-18-2014, 04:14 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God. He first said: repent. Repentance is for an unbeliever to turn to God and Jesus said without Him no one can come to God. Therefore the unbeliever has to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Son of God 1.Jn 4:15) to receive the Kingdom. For a believer repentance means to forsake his sins (1.Jn 1:9). He has to live the gospel, that includes both repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. It is the work of the Holy Spirit in us, we have to obey, or how can we call Jesus otherwise our Lord (Mt 7:21). Faith means living the gospel and that includes works of the Holy Spirit, changing our lives and hearts, without Christ it is dead work and without fruit. Sin to death separates a believer from the Kingdom and without repentance it separates from God. The gospel is therefore a life of repentance and a life of faith in Christ Jesus. We have to have faith in Him and remain in Him, outside of Christ a person is spiritual dead (Rev 3:1-5).
Amen,
Ephesians 5:7 "Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)”. and Jesus Christ is that Spirit, the “Holy Spirit”. see 2 Corinthians 3:17a

Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. that’s the Lord Jesus in power as the Holy Spirit, in us, who believe. and that started on the Day of Pentecost, (Acts chapter 2). for Christ is that shared Spirit in glorified flesh. the first of his two fold return, this indwelling of the Lord Jesus, the glorified Christ, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Spirit of God?, Spirit of Christ?, yes the SAME and the ONE SELF SPIRIT, Glorified.

that's where the Kingdom is, "within you". where the King is there you will find the Kingdom.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
``Sounds right on target ``, Jesus Spirit would say to that ..........As this is what Jesus spirit would say to me from time to time on things that come up ...... As you ask a person who is dominated with the spirit of this world and he would say ``I don`t like that ``, so which Spirit is from God in discernment of spirit , the one who agrees with what is on the Original Post or the one who disagrees with these truths? .........See repentance put the believer in sync, with God and His Word and is a worship to the Lord when people do repent and turn away from sin
Shalom hljc! Some mockers say Christians cannot agree on anything. But that is not true, as I can see, we agree almost on everything, because we believe the word of God and His Spirit gives us testimony and discernment. The carnal mind is the spirit of this world, the reasoning what seems to be good in their eyes (Gen 3:6), so they eat of the bad fruit and they die spiritually, but think that they got wise and may know spiritual things, but they err. May God have mercy, that they come to the knowledge of truth and eat from the tree of life, which is the Spirit of Christ. God bless!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Amen,
Ephesians 5:7 "Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)”. and Jesus Christ is that Spirit, the “Holy Spirit”. see 2 Corinthians 3:17a

Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. that’s the Lord Jesus in power as the Holy Spirit, in us, who believe. and that started on the Day of Pentecost, (Acts chapter 2). for Christ is that shared Spirit in glorified flesh. the first of his two fold return, this indwelling of the Lord Jesus, the glorified Christ, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Spirit of God?, Spirit of Christ?, yes the SAME and the ONE SELF SPIRIT, Glorified.

that's where the Kingdom is, "within you". where the King is there you will find the Kingdom.
Shalom! I agree, to be in the Kingdom we have to have the Holy Spirit. That means to be in God and God in us ( 1. Jn 4:15) is to confess Jesus Christ as Son of God, not every one here on CD believes that. Many claim Jesus Christ at their Savior, but they deny the King, the sovereign Lord with their living. The Holy Spirit is not given to all people, unbelievers have the spirit of this world and even proclaiming Christians have this spirit and are deceived. Many are in Babylon, that is a dwelling of the spirit of darkness and light in them. Christians will say, darkness and light cannot dwell together, but that is what I saw with my spiritual eyes and if scripture tells us that this is not possible, I would like to know. God bless!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
The son of man says that those who believe in Him do the works He does. He says to remain in Him and His word, to continue in His teaching and walk as He was sent into the world. When one can walk in the light and remain in it they walk the narrow path and walk in spirit and in truth, eating and drinking as the son who knows the Father and keeps His word.

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times
"Ful authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."

Old 09-20-2014, 11:53 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Ful authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."
did not our Lord revealed himself, (see Revelation 1:1). but yet, John 12:34 "The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? 35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth”. the LIGHT is the Jesus the Christ, God himself in flesh. is not God the “LIGHT”?. answer, 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. who is LIGHT?, GOD, lets hear our Lord JESUS, John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
”. so the LIGHT is the Son of Man, God in flesh, the diversified spirit. John 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life".

Old 09-20-2014, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,234 times
Joh 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The son of man says that those who believe in Him do the works He does. He says to remain in Him and His word, to continue in His teaching and walk as He was sent into the world. When one can walk in the light and remain in it they walk the narrow path and walk in spirit and in truth, eating and drinking as the son who knows the Father and keeps His word.

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."
This are true words. Are you healing the sick, cast out demons and raise the dead (Mat 10:8)? Many are preaching, some claim to be a Prophet, Apostle etc, but where is the evidence? But let me ask you a simple question: Do you believe in the shed blood of the Son of God for the forgiveness of our sins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity