Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 09:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
Perhaps my idea about the duality of God is original, you must understand context.

If my idea about God's duality is not original, please post references. Apparently, the dualism that you reference is about contrasts of ideas or situations, not in reference to God as a duality. Is there religion or cult that defines God as a duality? I think it is important because it speaks to the very nature of God. Just think of it, there is no one God, but there are two Gods, both equal in power, glory and holiness. The big mystery is how do they coordinate or function? Apparently, they are a perfect partnership, each with unique personas. It is also important to understand heaven. It is not just a God sitting on the throne, it is two Gods in sphere on the throne. It is not just one God interacting with angels, it is two Gods interacting. The essence of heaven is two Gods communicating with each other and with the angels.

Also, I don't think there is such a thing as the holy spirit, except in direct reference to God. God is holy and we are not, that sums up my thoughts about the holy spirit.
I did post it...Read the link...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 11:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
He should also visit the Eskimos of Western Chukotka?
Some of the Chukchi myths reveal a dualistic cosmology.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
When God created the universe, it was for a very important reason. As expected, the two Gods cooperated to make the universe reflect their nature. Oh, is some asking, why did God create the universe? Well, one day the two Gods got fed up with the angel Satan. What Satan had been doing was making the angels form a circle around him, just like the two Gods. However, instead of loving the angels, Satan attacked and hurt them. Well, one day, one of the angels went to God and said, "he is hurting us!" What could God do? God had created Satan a long time ago, perhaps several trillion years of earth time. God did not want to kill or terminate Satan, but He had to remove him from heaven. So, God created the universe, a world to reflect Satan's dark evil nature.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He's gotta be pullin' our chain!...

Old 09-14-2015, 10:28 AM

360 posts, read 234,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I did post it...Read the link...
Read my reply. The issue is duality of God, not dual meanings, concepts, and contradictions. What religion or cult has declared God to be a duality whereby both Gods are in perfect harmony?

There are some elements of dualism that may appear to be about duality of God, but they don't get there. As an example, here is a definition of radical dualism.

Radical Dualism - or absolute Dualism which posits two co-equal divine forces. Manichaeism conceives of two previously coexistent realms of light and darkness which become embroiled in conflict, owing to the chaotic actions of the latter. Subsequently, certain elements of the light became entrapped within darkness; the purpose of material creation is to enact the slow process of extraction of these individual elements, at the end of which the kingdom of light will prevail over darkness. Manicheanism likely inherits this dualistic mythology from Zoroastrianism, in which the eternal spirit Ahura Mazda is opposed by his antithesis, Angra Mainyu; the two are engaged in a cosmic struggle, the conclusion of which will likewise see Ahura Mazda triumphant. 'The Hymn of the Pearl' included the belief that the material world corresponds to some sort of malevolent intoxication brought about by the powers of darkness to keep elements of the light trapped inside it in a state of drunken distraction.

If you notice it does mention "co-equal divine forces", but then it defines those forces as different: light and darkness, thesis and antithesis, two forces engaged in a cosmic struggle, then, we all know about the duality of good and evil. These are not definitions of God as a duality as I have proposed. Maybe it is out there, but I haven't found it. My definition is that both Gods are equal in power, glory and holiness. They don't work in opposition or with conflicting roles, such as good and evil or thesis and antithesis. The are eternal, have never been separated, and are never in conflict, they function in perfect harmony.

By the way, God didn't create the universe for the glory of humans.

Last edited by earl012; 09-14-2015 at 10:45 AM..

Old 09-14-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Read my reply. The issue is duality of God, not dual meanings, concepts, and contradictions. What religion or cult has declared God to be a duality whereby both Gods are in perfect harmony?

There are some elements of dualism that may appear to be about duality of God, but they don't get there. As an example, here is a definition of radical dualism.

Radical Dualism - or absolute Dualism which posits two co-equal divine forces. Manichaeism conceives of two previously coexistent realms of light and darkness which become embroiled in conflict, owing to the chaotic actions of the latter. Subsequently, certain elements of the light became entrapped within darkness; the purpose of material creation is to enact the slow process of extraction of these individual elements, at the end of which the kingdom of light will prevail over darkness. Manicheanism likely inherits this dualistic mythology from Zoroastrianism, in which the eternal spirit Ahura Mazda is opposed by his antithesis, Angra Mainyu; the two are engaged in a cosmic struggle, the conclusion of which will likewise see Ahura Mazda triumphant. 'The Hymn of the Pearl' included the belief that the material world corresponds to some sort of malevolent intoxication brought about by the powers of darkness to keep elements of the light trapped inside it in a state of drunken distraction.

If you notice it does mention "co-equal divine forces", but then it defines those forces as different: light and darkness, thesis and antithesis, two forces engaged in a cosmic struggle, then, we all know about the duality of good and evil. These are not definitions of God as a duality as I have proposed. Maybe it is out there, but I haven't found it. My definition is that both Gods are equal in power, glory and holiness. They don't work in opposition or with conflicting roles, such as good and evil or thesis and antithesis. The are eternal, have never been separated, and are never in conflict, they function in perfect harmony.

By the way, God didn't create the universe for the glory of humans.
Never said he did.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:24 PM

Everyone continues to present dualistic references unrelated to my definition of God's duality. It appears no one yet understands.

Both Gods are equal in power, glory and holiness. They are eternal, never in conflict, never been separated, and they function in perfect harmony. You might say they are the essence of love.

If you notice, it is not about contrasts, differences, conflicting roles, or, if you will, polarities. The problem may be the human mind cannot fathom such a being, it is unlike anything found in human societies. The two Gods are in complete harmony. In other words, they don't clash with one another to resolve problems.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:20 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Everyone continues to present dualistic references unrelated to my definition of God's duality. It appears no one yet understands.
Well it probably doesn't indicate that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well it probably doesn't indicate that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Meaning?

Old 09-14-2015, 06:11 PM

Default Is God the two witnesses?

Outside of pure conjecture, where can you find some evidence for the duality of God? I suggest Revelation 11 about the two witnesses (God) is the true story of Jesus. It says the two witnesses gave testimony, which is similar to the ministry of Jesus. Observe the time frame for the two witnesses is 31/2 years, close to the gospel time frame, and Jesus lay on the street before ascending into heaven for 31/2 days, similar to the gospel time for Jesus being in the tomb for 3 days.

It is also interesting that in Chapter 12 the angels fought Satan for 31/2 years, the same time frame for the two witnesses. The angels fought Satan to protect God while He was in the world? Then, we know what happened. The beast from the abyss (Satan) attacked and killed the two witnesses (Rev. 11:7). Apparently, when God finished his testimony, He allowed Satan to come from the universe and attack him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity