Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
There is no "BOTH" Gods. There is one God. And one only for the children of Abraham.
Shema Yisrael, Adonai Elohim, Adonai Echad...

Who are the Children Of Abraham?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 04:33 PM

360 posts, read 233,962 times
I am not surprised that there is no agreement to my duality thesis. There are no verses in the Old Testament indicating the Lord God is a duality. We only have the New Testament about Jesus. As for two persons in Jesus (God), any idea of duality was convenient covered up with son of God stories.

I believe there evidence for God's duality in nature. Pairs (two eyes, two ears, two sets of limbs, two wings, male and female, etc.) are found everywhere in species, and then we have duality in science with matter and anti-matter, positive and negative charges, virtual particles and anti-particles, etc. God's DNA is found throughout His creation.

There are more questions than answers about the duality of God.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:05 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
This heretic is a follower of Marcion. He taught that the OT god was a God of wrath, while the NT god is a different God of forgiveness and love. OP. Well enjoy yourself with your made up religion, but I would suggest that you find a good quality Bible, read the NT a few times, then go find a teacher that actually believes the Bible is the word of God, and let him teach you some things. In time, my guess is that, if you listen and are willing to learn, God will open your eyes to the truth.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This heretic is a follower of Marcion. He taught that the OT god was a God of wrath, while the NT god is a different God of forgiveness and love. OP. Well enjoy yourself with your made up religion, but I would suggest that you find a good quality Bible, read the NT a few times, then go find a teacher that actually believes the Bible is the word of God, and let him teach you some things. In time, my guess is that, if you listen and are willing to learn, God will open your eyes to the truth.
Sorry, I won't change my mind. You don't have to believe God is duality. You're in good company, most dedicated Christians, etc. reject the idea.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 PM

Just because mainstream Christians reject the duality idea doesn't mean it's incorrect. One will never know, certainly not based on traditional Christianity, or even Judaism. But what if it is true? It would mean that God did not reveal his true nature to humankind. That, of course, is unforgivable.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
God is duality? I would say God is 3 persons in one God. But we are all 3 persons in one body. We have a body, a soul, and an intellect. After all we are made in God's image, but God can split and be all 3 in different dimensions. He is God after all.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God is duality? I would say God is 3 persons in one God. But we are all 3 persons in one body. We have a body, a soul, and an intellect. After all we are made in God's image, but God can split and be all 3 in different dimensions. He is God after all.
You mean body, soul and spirit...Soul is the intellect or identity...

Old 11-17-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You mean body, soul and spirit...Soul is the intellect or identity...
I find some similarities here with the two Gods. Each God has a soul and intellect, but it is a spirit, so it has no human comparison. Both Gods are together, kind of like identical twins, in a sphere (body). Here is brief description of the way it might have been in heaven before God created the universe.

In the beginning before angels, God was the only being in heaven. God is a duality, both entities being equal in power, glory and holiness; however each God is not exactly like the other. Even though they work in harmony, they have different personas. Before angels, the two Gods were satisfied with each other's company. I believe they created angels for their own pleasure. Each angel is beautiful and has a place in God' holy circle. Unless carrying out a commandment of God, they never leave God's presence. They interact with God in loving ways resulting in eternal bliss. One angel may communicate an adoring idea with one of the Gods and subsequently be in awe at the other God's response. Other angels may also respond to the exchange. The two Gods may embrace an angel with loving care, each exchange in the holy circle is unique with an infinite number of possible outcomes.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
I hope the kind-hearted will forgive me that I find it risible that anyone has the grandiosity to define some aspect of the Creator.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope the kind-hearted will forgive me that I find it risible that anyone has the grandiosity to define some aspect of the Creator.
I suppose that means we should delete the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity