Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:43 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
With this ever so simple sentence, the problem has been identified.

Fundies always think they have to WAGE THE WAR...

For me, GOD will always take it on...
Its a war on Christmas! We're a Christian (majority) nation and we must force everyone to look at our manger scenes!! To hel..heck with religious freedom! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 10:43 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
If it were the other way you would say "Hallelujah! Jesus is one our side! The greater number of the World is against us!" If it were liked by a vast majority you would also twist that fact to support your religion, "Jesus' work bears its fruit!" Religions are designed to bias people to think they are right no matter what happens.

I'm pretty sure the message will be "take over the holiday by warring against it by joining it and doing it better" just like his message for Halloween. Kirk Cameron and the churches are always vying for worldly power. Their believes about having God's love must not be comfortable enough for them, they feel like they need to win their fallible human influence over the world. Good luck to them, hope this personality-worship focus does something good for them and other people.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:08 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,162 times
Here is a review of the movie:

‘Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas’ movie review - The Washington Post

The one sales pitch that’s hardest to buy is Cameron’s insistence that there’s nothing wrong with the materialistic focus of Christmas. His characterization of Jesus as a “material” gift to us from God — evidence, he claims, that God wants us to shop — should offend anyone who balks at placing the Christ Child on the same scale as a $25 gift card.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:11 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
I don't think I have ever disliked anyone as much as Kirk Cameron.

I couldn't watch anything he ever did.

It's that whole left behind thing that gets me.

The wicked are not left behind, the righteous are.

It is not two men in a bed either, it is one man being cut in half.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
How come none of these guys talk about Advent?
I remember getting those Advent calendars as a kid where you get a piece of chocolate every day.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:12 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
If it's produced by Kirk Cameron, you can be sure it's got a good message and
will be entertaining also.
Sadly, all you have to do is look at the you tube thumbs up/down to see
exactly where young people who frequent you tube have been twisted these days.
1508 to 1423. Jesus said this would happen.
Yeah, I remember that episode of "Growing Pains" with an appearance by Jesus

Kirk is really a nut.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:15 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't think I have ever disliked anyone as much as Kirk Cameron.

I couldn't watch anything he ever did.

It's that whole left behind thing that gets me.

The wicked are not left behind, the righteous are.

It is not two men in a bed either, it is one man being cut in half.
Agreed... although I had a crush on him as a teenager lol!

Save Christmas?? Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. The whole thing is a made up holiday used to convert Pagans!

Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

Save Christmas?? Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. The whole thing is a made up holiday used to convert Pagans!

Jesus was Born on the first day of Tabernacles and everything done at this feast shows it.

Tabernacles is an appointed day of birth just as Nissan 17 is an appointed day of birth and Jesus was also born on that day.

Jesus was circumcised on the 8th day of Tabernacles, the conclusion day of the fall season just as Pentecost is the conclusion day of the spring season.

As the spirit was given on Pentecost because the law was given, so too is the law given on the conclusion day of the fall.

The great eighth day of circumcision is also showing circumcision and appointed for that reason.

The feast of Tabernacles is offered for the gentile nations, they sacrifice the bulls for the nations, but after 7 days of Gentiles keeping the feast of Tabernacles, a Gentile is sent home on the eighth day, Gentiles are circumcised from the congregation, and only the true brethren of the Lord will be in attendance, but this doesn't mean that a Gentile cannot be considered the true brethren.

The main point should be pointed out that Jesus was born a man, and the days of birth in the worship cycle are given to all men.

Where Jesus was born on the first of Tabernacles, so too is a man born on Tabernacles if he has reached the goal in being able to walk in Tabernacles.

You walk in Passover dying daily, and if you have walked in Passover long enough, THEN you walk in Pentecost, and this is to move from the outer court of Gentiles where the burnt offering is, to being able to walk in the Temple proper where Jews are allowed to go.

Once you have walked in Pentecost, you can then move up and really be born.

The 3 parables in Matthew 13

The sower
The wheat and tares
The mustard seed.

This is a walk in the barley harvest of Passover where you die daily, and being that you have died to yourself, you can then walk in the wheat harvest of Pentecost.

After you have walked in Pentecost, you can become a great tree that gives sustenance and shelter to the many because you have just been born in Tabernacles.

The 4th parable of the kingdom of heaven being leaven are those 3 parables.

The leaven is hid in 3 measures of meal, and those are your 3 harvests, and the 3 parables spoke before the 4th.

You are the 3 meals in body, soul, and spirit.

The Holy days are instructions for walking a progressive plan, and Revelation is specifically given to instruct how to walk in that plan.

Left behind happens on a particular feast day.

Because the servant does not what the times and seasons{feast days}, and because the person did not give the children of God meat in due seasons{feast days}, that person is cut in two and appointed his place amongst the sinners.

Being cut in two is not a literal cutting of the body, it is dividing soul and spirit.

2 men in a bed is the same person.

2 woman at the wheel is the same person.

One is taken and one is left behind because the person has just been divided in half like the division of Elijah and Elisha.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

He may not have been born on that exact day, but that does not mean he never existed. The exact date does not matter.

I never know my dogs' birthdays because I adopt them, so we make up a birthday for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:28 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
If it's produced by Kirk Cameron, you can be sure it's got a good message
Ahh yes, Kirk Cameron and his good messages. Here's him sending the good message that "God hates gay people. God hates ****, and you're going to Hell." (at the 1:00 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLllfWxZXLY#t=67
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity