Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:54 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times

Advertisements

There once was one that accuses God. And now he accuses man. It makes me sad that a person cannot recognize Righteousness in their own minds Eye. A questionable debate is such. Still wondering why this Forum is promoting this Strife between believers and non. Is there an underlying Agenda at hand or is it my imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 11:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Think it through ....

Truth from God: " all have become corrupt, there is no one who does good, not ... even ... one."
  • you however counter with: "Do I believe in a wrathful, avenging God who would kill innocent children because they were full of sin? Nope."
Truth: "all" includes children ... to refute God by stating that children are not full of sin is in effect stating them to "claim to be without sin". ... which such a pov is an open rebellion by not listening to God.

Consequently, you ought to reflect what these words mean when one speaks in opposition to the truth:
"we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."
What part of becomes corrupted, did you miss?

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-18-2014 at 11:33 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 03:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Just because you believe what you want to believe doesn't negate that what Jesus said was the truth.
"All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good,
not ... even ... one." ... God
as Jesus went on to say: "flesh gives birth to flesh"

Being that sin is what makes a person evil, do you actually think it makes a difference to an all knowing God if a person attempts to be clever and claims a certain age group of people are without sin rather making such a claim for themself?
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."
You want it to make it sound like this is a put down and condemnation of man, when Jesus said what is born of the flesh is flesh was nothing of the sort, he was simply making a statement that nothing is possible with the flesh for all it produces is flesh(the works of the flesh) but with him and that awareness of him being in us all things are possible.

If sin makes a person evil then most christians i know are too, if you believe that being a christian makes your sin unevil then while making those in unbelief evil you are deceiving yourself and band aiding your self condemned conscience. Not understanding the forgiveness of God and the gift of repentance alienates us in our minds from God it does not make us evil how you define it.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:59 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I rest my case.
God has blessed you also. You also will be in bliss for the rest of eternity.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
God has blessed you also. You also will be in bliss for the rest of eternity.
Nice thought. Thanks.

But an eternity of bliss sounds a tad much. Contentment will be just fine.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:54 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nice thought. Thanks.

But an eternity of bliss sounds a tad much. Contentment will be just fine.
God has to much Love to settle for that. ;-) Your gonna have to be happy with bliss.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You DID read the "pervert any sense of justice into primitive vengeance and retribution" part, right??? Human justice IS perverted and has no resemblance to the justice God represents. Our ignorant primitive ancestors' attempts to translate and interpret God's justice is pathetic and perverse. Any 21st century person who credits such barbarity has a long way to go to attain spiritual maturity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Your version of God does not allow any form of justice, perverted or not. According to you, if God holds anyone accountable for their actions, He is not acting loving and therefore doesn't exist or is untrue. The truth is that God is fair, loving and just and deals with all people justly. You can't rewrite the dictionary. But hey, maybe you would since you have no problem being an arbiter and editor of God's Word.
You keep misrepresenting my views . . . I shall assume unintentionally. We WILL reap whatever we sow . . . but nothing more and nothing less. That is God holding us accountable. God does NOT use us to enforce His laws nor does He use us to exact retribution or vengeance, PERIOD! Our ignorant primitive ancestors did not make any distinction between their own actions, natural disasters, accidents, etc. . . . they were ALL God's doing! You fail to use the Spirit of agape love (Comforter) to test the Spirit of what is "written in ink" against what God has "written in our hearts." That is why you think I am editing. YOU are NOT properly dividing the scriptures using the guidance of the Comforter according to the New Covenant. You are operating under the Old Covenant using words "written in ink" and stone.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
"All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not ... even ... one." ... God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What part of becomes corrupted, did you miss?
oh ... I know you think you've got some sort of clever gotcha
but who says I was ....

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-20-2014 at 10:04 AM..

Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
"All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not ... even ... one." ... God

...snip...
God did not say that. Only an idiot would.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:58 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Look what happens in war all the time. Babies are killed. It goes into the lesson that the sins of the father will be visited on the children. Those babies are being killed by humans. At least when God kills He has that right since he created life.

Do you want the adults to be killed and the babies left to fend for themselves? How long do you think they would live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity