Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The thing problem that many make is to say that we can't know the date or time. Some even go as far as to say that Jesus doesn't even know which would put those people at direct contradiction with scriptures that say that ALL things were given to Him.
All AUTHORITY was given to Him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 10:52 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
There is a date but I haven't stated it.
Your posts bring to mind a kid standing there singing......
"Na na na na na naaaaa.I know something you don't know"
Why don't you just come out with it?

Old 11-21-2014, 11:42 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Zadok View Post
in a way it does apply to every generation. if we aspire / strive for the high prize of the calling of God, that is, to be overcomers who are resurrected in the second coming of Jesus, then it applies. Recall the Bible says that the overcomers who passed in life before Jesus returned would be called back to life. Then the living overcomers will join them and meet Jesus to return back to earth to the Kingdom of God.

Revelation was written for every generation.

It is just instructions for a walk.

This is taking place within a single person.

When it is said,'' Come up here.'' it is not a person who has died and then went to heaven physically.

It is a person who has completed 42 months in the mission of a prophet, he himself is the two witnesses, but there cannot be two prophets.

This person dies when he realizes that there cannot be a prophet in you who speaks by the flesh, and a prophet who speaks by the spirit.

The son of perdition is with people as flesh struggling against spirit, but if you are prophesying fire and brimstone raining down from heaven, you are the false prophet who calls fire down on the heads of people and Jesus called these people,'' Satan.''

His disciples said,'' Shall we call fire down from heaven Lord?''

Jesus rebuked them and told them that they were speaking from Satan.

When a person realizes that he is prophesying from the wrong father, that is when he dies.

He goes and looks in the mirror and seas the dead, and he refuses to bury the dead, but he finally does, and he dies to himself and his fire.

This is during a progressive walk, that after you die and say,'' I am no prophet,'' you move from being a prophet to a priest, and that is why God says,'' Come up here.''

You don't literally go to heaven, but you are stood on your feet to walk, and when this happens, there is no more struggle.

The Witnesses Killed

When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
The Witnesses Resurrected

Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. And they[S heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them. In the same hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. In the earthquake seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven.
The second woe is past. Behold, the third woe is coming quickly.

When the days of your prophecy have come to an end, you become the Priest.

After you have walked in the mission of a Priest, you become the king.

You die so as to let Jesus rule.

You are the two witnesses, the water, and the blood.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Hi Amaznjohn, the other perspective is the Spiritual perspective. Jesus spoke in parables or parabolically (if you will). This means he spoke earthly things to teach spiritual things. A "Generation" in the context in which it is stated would, from a Spirtual standpoint, be talking about the exhibition of the nature described in that context. Not about the earthly context or geneology.
Nonsensical bafflegab.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:08 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Your posts bring to mind a kid standing there singing......
"Na na na na na naaaaa.I know something you don't know"
Why don't you just come out with it?
Because it is not for all to know. It it was then Christ would not have spoken in Parables.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Only you are picked to know?
Anybody else here know that exact date?
Well, isn't he special!

Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nonsensical bafflegab.

I swear Trout, I will give you up.

I thought I was your nonsensical bafflegab!!!!!

You are so insensitive to my feelings, why I outta!

Old 11-21-2014, 04:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Only you are picked to know?
Anybody else here know that exact date?
Well, isn't he special!
Old_cold - do you believe you should be picked to know? If so, why?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Old_cold - do you believe you should be picked to know? If so, why?
I never reply when the question I've asked is answered with a question.
What's your excuse for not answering?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:17 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,643,637 times
Quote:
Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

The establishment of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is about to be ushered in with great zeal.

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Mar_9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

"And He rested on the seventh day." This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day

The Epistle of Barnabas (translation Roberts-Donaldson)
If you read he entire chapter (Matthew 24) along with the chapter before that, you see clearly that Jesus was foretelling the destruction of the Temple.

"Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished."

This generation being the one he was living at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity