Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Is this about the end of times? When is the date?
Yes. May 21, 2011. Be ready!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 12:32 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Revelation 3

If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:36 PM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
It seems t be very popular to claim that "the end is near"- I hear pastors and evangelists saying so frequently. I suspect that's been the case for a long time. I am a fervant believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. However, Jesus Himself said "only the Father knows" when the end will be. It could be another thousand or two years yet. Yes, things are detiorating rapidly in our world, but it can get a whole lot worse- and will. For anyone truly concerned, the answer is to surrender your heart to Jesus, and live accordingly in the mentime. All the calamities happenning are no cause to panic- Jesus said "these things must come to pass.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:38 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Revelation 3

If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
6 of the 7 churches (to which Revelation was addressed) were destroyed by Islam 1000 years ago. The remaining church of Philadelphia remained in existence until 1921 when the remnant fled to Greece. Today Turkey is 99.7% Muslim, and there are pretty much no Christians left to watch for "the thief to come."

Why would Jesus tell the churches of Asia Minor (Turkey) to watch if 6 of the 7 churches were to get suddenly obliterated overnight 1000 years ago?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:43 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
A thief in the night has broken into your house, it becomes his house. There are several different things that talk about this.

Like a woman standing in a gallon and something else wants to get in that gallon and the woman is pushed down so violently that she has fit inside that gallon.

Or like the trampling of the grapes where God steps into the vat and tramples so violently that the wine reaches heavens atmosphere, and the result of this shows a wide river that is 4 feet deep and 200 miles long from the trampling of the grapes.{Sukkot}.

Passover is when your waters are split and they stand on end, God exposes the hidden chambers beneath the sea, but the water collapses back on people so violently that a sea has fallen on them.

You cut a sacrifice in two, and God walks between the halves.
I see thank you.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
6 of the 7 churches (to which Revelation was addressed) were destroyed by Islam 1000 years ago. The remaining church of Philadelphia remained in existence until 1921 when the remnant fled to Greece. Today Turkey is 99.7% Muslim, and there are pretty much no Christians left to watch for "the thief to come."

You can't destroy 7 spirits inside of you, it's a Menorah, you begin in the first spirit and you walk to the 7th.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Why would Jesus tell the churches of Asia Minor (Turkey) to watch if 6 of the 7 churches were to get suddenly obliterated overnight 1000 years ago?
The body is the Temple and the Menorah is within. So where do you get the oil to light the Lamps?

Old 11-24-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yes. May 21, 2011. Be ready!

I never believed anything Harold Camping said, I am not the same belief as him.

I wouldn't say that he was correct, but I wouldn't say nothing happened.

Daniel talks about such a person who comes up and predicts the end, but the prediction doesn't come true, and the result turns many away from God.

Is name is Harold Camping, and that is sheer irony.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:56 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Revelation 3

You know, Hannibal, these little threats were sprinkled generous throughout the New Testament to keep pagans from asking questions and/or falling back to their original gods.

He that believes not is condemned!

Watch or I will come upon you when you expect not and cast you into hell!

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (if you don't, look out!)

Politically motivated, every single one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
It seems t be very popular to claim that "the end is near"- I hear pastors and evangelists saying so frequently. I suspect that's been the case for a long time. I am a fervant believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. However, Jesus Himself said "only the Father knows" when the end will be. It could be another thousand or two years yet. Yes, things are detiorating rapidly in our world, but it can get a whole lot worse- and will. For anyone truly concerned, the answer is to surrender your heart to Jesus, and live accordingly in the mentime. All the calamities happenning are no cause to panic- Jesus said "these things must come to pass.
Mark read, "Neither the angels or the Son of Man knows, only the father"

Matthew and Luke didn't like the sound of Mark saying the Son of God didn't know something he should have known, so Matthew and Luke dropped the "or the Son of Man" part and just kept the angels not knowing, only the Father.

Still think these gospels weren't "doctored"?

Old 11-24-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You know, Hannibal, these little threats were sprinkled generous throughout the New Testament to keep pagans from asking questions and/or falling back to their original gods.

He that believes not is condemned!

Watch or I will come upon you when you expect not and cast you into hell!

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (if you don't, look out!)

Politically motivated, every single one of them.

Mark read, "Neither the angels or the Son of Man knows, only the father"

Matthew and Luke didn't like the sound of Mark saying the Son of God didn't know something he should have known, so Matthew and Luke dropped the "or the Son of Man" part and just kept the angels not knowing, only the Father.

Still think these gospels weren't "doctored"?
Son of man is not the same as Son of God. Jesus nice way of saying you don't need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity