Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is the kingdom of God?
The kingdom of God is in you. 17 68.00%
The kingdom of God is among the people. 5 20.00%
I do not know where the kingdom of God is. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 10:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Spirit is actively alive in those who believe and look to the kingdom of God within
I'm still waiting for you to make this point. The verses you have quoted have been shown to be taken completely out of context. If you can't exegete God's word correctly, why would I believe his kingdom is inside of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 10:29 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Hannibal, i find there is plenty of good stuff in what you say. I do think you are a little odd though
“Some are born [odd], some achieve it, others have [odd]ness thrust upon them.” ~ Dick Francis

Fwiw, I agree that there's good stuff in there Hannibal.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Now the literal minded man looks at this and thinks it is somewhere outside of him, not realizing that the nearness is something dawning within him. There is light in every man.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What verse do you have in mind? Want to look at it in context?
The verse that says the Kingdom of God is righteous and peace and joy.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to make this point. The verses you have quoted have been shown to be taken completely out of context. If you can't exegete God's word correctly, why would I believe his kingdom is inside of you?
Why did you ask me to ? . Tell me what the Spirit is doing in you ?. Your answer to this will answer your own question. Pastor Vizio and Finn Jarber,do you know that Jesus Christ is in you and how do you know ?. If you don't then how could you ever SEE that God is in all and that is where is kingdom is ?.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:38 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:

Do you ever say to yourself,'' why do I do the things I do?''

What is happening in a person who knows what sin is, but then commits sin anyway? The one says,'' I want this thing.'' and the other says,'' Don't do it, it is sin.''

A war taking place between two kingdoms as is shown in every story of the Bible. Between Cain and Abel, between Ishmael and Isaac.

Galatians

Hagar and Sarah
…This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

Why is Hagar being used to show Jerusalem and the first covenant when she is neither Jerusalem and has nothing to do with the first covenant?

It is showing us that our mother is Hagar and we are her son.
It is showing that our mother is Sarah and we are her son.

It is showing that the first law and covenant pertains to Ishmael, and is a law to the flesh, but that we are also the sons of Sarah and we have a better law that pertains to the spirit.

That we struggle to be the son of the kingdom of heaven within the son of the kingdom of this Earth.

That we are in a struggle to reach the kingdom within us while still being upon this Earth, so we can be called,'' The sons of the living God.''

Kingdom against kingdom, and both kingdoms are within us, one is in the left hand, and one is in the right.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
13Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way. 14I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil; 17for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.

Not hard to find

Old 11-29-2014, 10:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Do you not think it is important to find where it is first, especially in the light that Jesus taught to seek it FIRST.
You will not find it as long as you think it is a location.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You will not find it as long as you think it is a location.
Who said it is a physical location ?. There is a world in the unseen to you know, and in that kingdom of God in the unseen is all our provision to live in this life of vanity. Oh yea, that unseen world is in our innermost being. I am always with you and all that is mine is yours.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:09 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Luke 11:20 NRSA

"But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out the demons, then the kingdom of God has come to you."

Here Jesus is saying that the kingdom of God has come upon them. So one can conclude that those who truly follow him are the kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity