Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 08:41 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,441 times

Advertisements

Did God create the marijuana plant for medicinal purposes?

Apparently it is a really great plant, even ingested as food, for pain management. Why did our country make it illegal - it's a plant.

Full disclosure - I'm not a pot smoker. I just don't understand why there is a war on something that could help so many people. Would Jesus forbid people from using a plant for medicine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 08:46 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post

Apparently it is a really great plant, even ingested as food, for pain management. Why did our country make it illegal - it's a plant.

Full disclosure - I'm not a pot smoker. I just don't understand why there is a war on something that could help so many people. Would Jesus forbid people from using a plant for medicine?
For many, not all, it is a precursor to worse drugs. First step as it were. Medicinal use may or may not be truly valid, but if so then it should be regulated like any other drug.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:12 AM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Cannabis Sativa is an extraordinary plant. Do some research and you will find out the many uses and benefits. There are also MANY MANY reasons why it was criminalized. Research "Hemp".

Another reason why it remains criminalized: $$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY

Don't believe the hype and rumors surrounding cannabis sativa and those who have nefarious reasons for seeking to keep it "illegal". Read up on the history and have your eyes opened.

peace,
sparrow

Old 12-04-2014, 09:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
For many, not all, it is a precursor to worse drugs. First step as it were. Medicinal use may or may not be truly valid, but if so then it should be regulated like any other drug.
It is not a precursor...

Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
What chapter and verse did God condemn marijuana?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:

Maybe God created the hemp plant for people to make rope from?
Maybe originally it didn't have enough THC in it to get a flea high?

I see no reason why cancer patients and others should be withheld from using it if it helps their condition.

I think the problem comes from the IRS where money is transferred for its purchase without paying taxes on it. And of course many prisons would be depopulated thus causing the prison business to lose money. Lawyers and Judges and the whole criminal process would also stand to lose billions of dollars too by not running pot users through the legal system.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:08 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,429,296 times
Why are we assuming God created it.

Maybe Satan created it.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
It's good medicine. It can help the body, mind and spirit. I partake regularly.*

But like all medicines, it can have unwanted side effects and/or can be abused.

*I can hear a collective "that explains much!"

Old 12-04-2014, 11:15 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:

The cotton farmers had the power, and the oil industry.

The powers that be, they knew the potential of herb. There is no better fuel than weed, it burns cleaner than any other fuel and it is the easiest crop one could harvest because of it being a weed.

The clothes that were made were 5 times better than cotton, it didn't wear out like cotton. If weed was made legal and people began going crops, it would put cotton farmers and people in oil business out of business, even today.

Burning fuel made from weed has no impact on the world, it burns that clean.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,701 times
Quote:

For medicinal purposes? I would say that God would not have a problem with it for pain management, but there are some uses of marijuana claimed to be for medicial purposes that I highly doubt it would be okay in God's eye and that would be using it for eye problems.

But for recreational purposes, God would have a problem with it since He calls us to be sober all the time. There is no way to smoke marijuana without having an effect; unlike alcohol where too much of it can render a person drunk. People that drink without getting drunk, know their limits; and some people recognize that they cannot have one drink to stop there without wanting another and another and so they know never to drink, and some believers rely on Jesus Christ for help in keeping them from it too.

The biggest problem I have with marijuana is that a brother can "swear" up and down that he would never try crack cocaine or do any hard drugs, but one hits close to home when he winded up doing crack anyway. He finally admitted why he had tried it and it was when he was stoned on marijuana.

So marijuana impairs judgment and resolution wherein the devil, seeking whom he may devour, will take such opportunities to take someone not sober down a more self destructive path, all for the name of recreation.

So the next time someone as your friend says marijuana never hurt nobody and to try it, find out of he sells the stuff and if he does, more than likely that "friend" is waiting to hook you on the harder drugs that he is selling also.

People that attend parties will see some do the hard drugs and say that is not for them, but marijuana can lessen a person's resolution and judgment and "friends" will entice said stoned self to try crack.

Since it is evident that no one cares to wind up as a drug addict, and yet they do exists, that stoning effect of marijuana should be circumspect as the reason why God would say no to that for recreation.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity