Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

The micro chip implant made the news again yesterday. They were discussing micro chipping children so they could be located when lost. The affilliate correspondant was wishing her child had the tracking chip when child was left on school bus and no one knew where she was. A wonderful idea, all your medical info and accounts and tracking all on a little chip for our safety and convenience. No more lost money, ID or cards or kids, many will show up to get their chip. Something just tells me I dont think I'll be signing up for that program. Oh, and so it may stay in this forum, it reminds me of something I read in the New Testament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The micro chip implant made the news again yesterday. They were discussing micro chipping children so they could be located when lost. The affilliate correspondant was wishing her child had the tracking chip when child was left on school bus and no one knew where she was. A wonderful idea, all your medical info and accounts and tracking all on a little chip for our safety and convenience. No more lost money, ID or cards or kids, many will show up to get their chip. Something just tells me I dont think I'll be signing up for that program. Oh, and so it may stay in this forum, it reminds me of something I read in the New Testament.
OOH, OOH, Pick me! Pick me! I know! I know!

I'll take "Forms of the Mark of the Beast" for $600, Alex.

Seriously, though, yes, these inventions seem rather innocuous and benign and that they'll serve a good purpose. Like the chip that has your complete medical history that can be put in your arm. But it's something that can just as easily be used to track everyone's movements and restrict freedom and become controlling and be used for other purposes originally not intended.

Whether it's "the mark" or not, I don't feel compelled to do this.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM

479 posts, read 1,141,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
OOH, OOH, Pick me! Pick me! I know! I know!
Ya gotta wait your turn youngin..

Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
dont think ill be signing up anytime soon for that one.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
No, count me out on that one also. What happened to the good old days when if the doctor needed to know your medical history he could just pull out your chart. You know, the manilla folder with a lot of hand written stuff in it that pertained to your...medical history. (Yes, and I'm all for my kids having to walk to school, up a hill, and in the snow.)

Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Are you guys saying that my micro-chipped cat has been prophesied in the book of Revelations? Cool! I often call her "The Beast" - coincidence?

Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Are you guys saying that my micro-chipped cat has been prophesied in the book of Revelations? Cool! I often call her "The Beast" - coincidence?
LOL!! That's right! I forgot, my dog has a chip in his neck in case he gets lost. Oooohhhh... is that self fulfilling prophecy or am I one of the types trying to "rush" the end times?

The world may never know

Old 01-10-2008, 12:53 PM

479 posts, read 1,141,880 times
Quote:

The world may never know
Isn't that the slogan from how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Isn't that the slogan from how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Yes! You win a prize.....oops! Gotta spread the joy around before getting back to you

Now, does that date us to remember that commercial or not?

Back to the OP -- it just amazes me how far our civilization has regressed and degenerated that to feel safe and not worry about our kids we need a complete surveillance system. Put a chip in your kid, have GPS tracking on their cell phone, etc. etc.

To feel more at ease and certain we'll get proper medical care, have your medical history implanted in your arm or carry a card that can be scanned to provide the same info. And lets not forget the fashionable "charm" bracelets or necklaces to tell people you're diabetic or allergic to something.

Okay, Okay... the bracelet/necklace thing I can probably handle but come on... can't we see how far this could go and the not so good implications that could come along with them? Makes you wonder how our great-grandparents, grandparents, parents survived.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:18 PM

278 posts, read 910,157 times
Quote:

Whether it's "the mark" or not, I don't feel compelled to do this.
Agreed. What I can't understand is why a society that is so paranoid about the government getting all up in their business, is so willing to be marked like a breeder cow. Don't tap my phones but implant some chip in my kid. It all makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity