Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,128,199 times

Advertisements

If one Christian is rich, wealthy, popular, high admired, respected by lots of people and another Christian is poor, hated, rejected and persecuted by lots of people will these two Christians be rewarded the same in Heaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 03:43 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,103,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
If one Christian is rich, wealthy, popular, high admired, respected by lots of people and another Christian is poor, hated, rejected and persecuted by lots of people will these two Christians be rewarded the same in Heaven?
Maybe; maybe not. If you're asking whether earthly wealth, popularity, etc. are going to impact a person's standing in Heaven, I suspect you already know the answer.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe; maybe not. If you're asking whether earthly wealth, popularity, etc. are going to impact a person's standing in Heaven, I suspect you already know the answer.
I did mean earthly wealth and popularity, some people say that in order to be a real Christian you have to go through lots of hatred, persecution and rejection in order to get to Heaven.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:58 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,853,568 times
Quote:
I did mean earthly wealth and popularity, some people say that in order to be a real Christian you have to go through lots of hatred, persecution and rejection in order to get to Heaven.
To be a "real" Christian, you must do this:

Romans 10:9

Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and you will be saved.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,646,957 times
Quote:
lmao. Don't know. How did they treat their neighbors?
But as an atheist I would say exactly the same.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
To be a "real" Christian, you must do this:

Romans 10:9

Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and you will be saved.
That is what I've always thought but some Christians seem to think otherwise.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:12 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,853,568 times
Quote:
That is what I've always thought but some Christians seem to think otherwise.
Go with Scripture.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
Quote:
hmmm Talent contest. Who's was the bestest at what they do.

I hear music, I see a runway. The contestants are competing for Most Persecuted, Most Rejected....

Someone has to be the best. It all comes down to the bathing suit, or for religious purposes, the hat. \

Old 02-12-2015, 04:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,059,892 times
Quote:
They will not be judged on their wealth at all. Same as man that stole a dollars is same as one who stole a million in the sin. Nor will your charitable works add point towards heaven; that is what you do as a Christian. Those rewards are; as Bible states; are rewarded here on earth and if done with no 15 minutes of fame as they call it now days; even more so. I think most Christians know that by having experience it.You couldn't have rad the bible and even asked that question. Your answers are there ;not a forum.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
Their reward (not their salvation) depends on how they served:

"their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward"

Your reward depends on your works, while your salvation depends on your faith.

There have been many wealthy and popular Christians who served the lord in a big way. Likewise many poor people have served in a big way.

Lousy works will not result in loss of salvation, only on loss of rewards: "If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames."

Both examples are from 1 Cor 13, which speaks about works (or lack of works) of believers. Both builders, the good one and the lousy one build on a foundation of God. Those who build on any other foundation, will receive nothing because without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity