Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,917 times

Advertisements

Is God a Man? if so, Please explain?

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 03-28-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Sink your teeth into this WordIsOne.

Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.GOD IS SPIRIT and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.” John 4:21-24.

There's no physical address we worship at.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM

37,523 posts, read 61,561,925 times
In among the first of the ten commandments, is a command which forbids images.

God has no physical form, God is spirit. There is no image of God.

Any image made of God, might be made with the best intent, but very quickly becomes an idol. People will pray to it. Focusing their thoughts and prayers to the image, and not to God. Therefore making the image a profanity, an idol.

God did not want a common name to even be used to refer to Himself, like you would use 'Fred' or 'John'. A commonly used name is soon used for swearing. The phrase 'god' itself is a title, as there are many such gods. When discussing a personal pronoun or 'name' He insisted that such a name only be used once a year, in the holy of holies, and by the high priest only. No one else was ever allowed to even know or pronounce His name. To keep that name from becoming a profanity.

Should images of God or of Jesus be worshiped? In church or in home? What does the first commandment say? No!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM

251 posts, read 209,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Is God a Man? if so, Please explain?
The definition of cult is to follow a leader as though he was a god.
Many socalled christians are idol worshippers and it shows how they are superficial or that they are practicing witchcraft.
The superficial ones are using the idols as talismans.
And the ones who use witchcraft are promoting the idols as talismans.
It's all about spells.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:58 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,345,873 times
I suppose one can make an idol of anything from a certain perspective. I too have wonder about statutes of Biblical people such as Mary and crucifixes, but those have nothing to do with the love of God being shed abroad in your heart. The kingdom of God is a heart/spiritual matter.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM

9,698 posts, read 10,052,034 times
In Exodus 20 : 3-6 The Lord God said ``I am the Lord your God which brought you out of bondage.....You will have No others gods before me ..... and you will not make to you any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in Heaven above or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth.... You will not bow down your self to them , nor serve them for I am a jealous God visiting the iniquity of the fathers un the children on the third and fourth generation of them that hate me....and show mercy to thousand of them that love me and keep my commandments ``..... and Jesus is the son of God and man and sits on the right side of the Father God as one with him as, in Isaiah 53: 12...The Lord God prophecies about his relationship with Jesus ``There for will I divide Jesus a portion with the great, and he will divide the spoil with the strong because he has poured out his soul unto death and he was numbered with the transgressors and he bare the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors ``.......

Old 03-29-2011, 04:02 PM

251 posts, read 209,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I suppose one can make an idol of anything from a certain perspective. I too have wonder about statutes of Biblical people such as Mary and crucifixes, but those have nothing to do with the love of God being shed abroad in your heart. The kingdom of God is a heart/spiritual matter.
They are talisman.

Enlightened Path

Old 03-29-2011, 04:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,587,783 times
Psalm 135:15-18 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the works of men's hands.

16 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;

17 They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths.

18 They that make them are like unto them: so is everyone that trusteth in them.

Peace!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,917 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post

Who is Cesare Borgia?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 AM

37,523 posts, read 61,561,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
The definition of cult is to follow a leader as though he was a god. ....
I think that groups do get labeled as 'cults' without any leader thinking was was a god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity