Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 02:04 PM

125 posts, read 92,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If you think people are looking at you as some sort of creeper..... go to the morning matinees. They're full of Boomers who don't particularly care who else is in the theater enjoying The Lego Movie at 11 am. It's also cheaper.
LOL what a great idea!!! It's really hard to find good Christian entertainment. Most of the Christian movies are just God awful. The writing, dialogue, characters, plot...etc. So kids movies are about the only safe thing going. I try to support Christian entertainment. God's not dead was good. Son of God. Noah and Exodus were just bad. Not only from a biblical point of view but just bad entertainment. So I do a lot of reading but I can't give up Walking Dead and the Vikings. Even "fundies" can have 'fun' sometimes.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2015, 04:20 PM

174 posts, read 125,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If fundamentalist were a denomination, you might be right, but it is a set of beliefs primarily about the authority of scripture. Now, the term "fundy" directed at a person might just fit what you and justtitans are talking about.,
To me it feels as though the term Fundamental is a very good term and rightly describes those who hold to the basic teachings of Jesus. For lack of a better example it's like calling African Americans by the term "black" of the spanish "negro". It simply is a truthful statement about them. But the term "fundie" is more like the negative term "ni---" that is used to put down and belittle. I think it is a bigot term in and of itself. What someone believes or someone is does not give a Christian any right to put them down or call names. That is a total lack of love. It is the opposite of God. IMHO

Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
LOL what a great idea!!! It's really hard to find good Christian entertainment. Most of the Christian movies are just God awful. The writing, dialogue, characters, plot...etc. So kids movies are about the only safe thing going. I try to support Christian entertainment. God's not dead was good. Son of God. Noah and Exodus were just bad. Not only from a biblical point of view but just bad entertainment. So I do a lot of reading but I can't give up Walking Dead and the Vikings. Even "fundies" can have 'fun' sometimes.

Thanks
Noah was a good example of a movie where people take the liberty to rewrite the bible to fit their agenda.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 PM

125 posts, read 92,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Noah was a good example of a movie where people take the liberty to rewrite the bible to fit their agenda.
I really wasn't expecting it to be biblical (Hollywood was involved) but at least entertaining. They left so many gaps in the plot. The snake skin wrapped around the arm could have been developed more. The slaughtering of the animals was over the top. I was wondering if it was co written by PETA. Then the Rock-formers that were supposed to be fallen angels looked so fake and clunky. It's a real shame because even if you don't believe in the bible (which I do of course) it's a great story.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
I really wasn't expecting it to be biblical (Hollywood was involved) but at least entertaining. They left so many gaps in the plot. The snake skin wrapped around the arm could have been developed more. The slaughtering of the animals was over the top. I was wondering if it was co written by PETA. Then the Rock-formers that were supposed to be fallen angels looked so fake and clunky. It's a real shame because even if you don't believe in the bible (which I do of course) it's a great story.
Moses was a better movie, but that one falls short of the Biblical story as well. Both are great stories just the way they were written, so I don't see the need to rewrite the story. The Christian movies from the 1950s are much more in line with the original message.

Moderator cut: Thread closed since it has drifted so far off topic.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-14-2015 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: Mod not added to close thread without moving it to the top of the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity