Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:21 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Perhaps it is time to fire all the biologists and paleotologists if they are all teaching things as real that are totally impossible.
Nope, Biologists and Geneticists are now seeing the truth. Not all will admit it .... Paleontologists are not an issue as the Bible gives no definitive age to anything created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I think the problem stems from the teaching by those who believe evolution that all life, plants and animal and human began with the single celled amoeba. But an amoeba will always remain an amoeba. The instructions in it are not such that it will become a fish. The fish does not have and never had instructions in its DNA or RNA to become anything other than a fish. Flew finally saw that Darwinian evolution is incompatible with real science. That is the point. That is what drove him from Atheism and Darwinian evolution.
this is wrong. Its more wrong this stance is taught by you without knowing why it is wrong. Kind of like the apple was wrong as presented by that snake. DNA is made to mutate. that's what it does. also the rna can or even the protein itself can be made different.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
this is wrong. Its more wrong this stance is taught by you without knowing why it is wrong. Kind of like the apple was wrong as presented by that snake. DNA is made to mutate. that's what it does. also the rna can or even the protein itself can be made different.
So is evolution wrong because it disagrees with your take of the Bible? Paleontology very much ties in with evolution, it is geology that is linked to aging the earth etc

This was meant to go with the post above the one quoted

Last edited by badlander; 03-24-2015 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: wrong post

Old 03-25-2015, 05:09 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Anthony Flew became a deist because of an argument from ignorance, he could not understand where this complexity came from. And he did not come to belief in God, which from the posters user name I presume is meant to be the Christian god. Anthony Flew dismissed the idea of the Judeo - Christian god.

And Flew was just one man, who apparently did not understand the amount of redundancy in the genetic code, which points to none design. Many other people understand what Flew did not, that is why they accept evolution.

I do not understand the christian belief to tout one man as if his conversion somehow disproves evolution.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
I think the problem stems from the teaching by those who believe evolution that all life, plants and animal and human began with the single celled amoeba.
Evolution does not teach such nonesense, it would appear you are taking your talking points from some creationist web site.

Quote:
But an amoeba will always remain an amoeba. The instructions in it are not such that it will become a fish. The fish does not have and never had instructions in its DNA or RNA to become anything other than a fish.
True, but I thought we were talking about evolution, not amoebas suddenly transforming into a fish.

Quote:
Flew finally saw that Darwinian evolution is incompatible with real science. That is the point. That is what drove him from Atheism and Darwinian evolution.
Flew saw no such thing, he thought it. A big difference. Others know better.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Sorry, I know him, and frequently do not use his last name. It is Lonnig

Dr. Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig, Senior Scientist (Biology), Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Emeritus, Cologne, Germany:
The only paper I'm aware of from him (Mutagenesis in Physalis pubescens L. ssp. floridana) was published in an obscure journal (Floriculture and Ornamental Biotechnology), mentioned ID as just one hypothesis, and hardly discusses ID (so the paper is hardly pro ID). The paper does link to many pro-ID references, including papers by people such as Behe, Dembski and Meyer, which suggests the reviewers of the paper did not do a good job of peer review.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Anthony Flew became a deist because of an argument from ignorance, he could not understand where this complexity came from. And he did not come to belief in God, which from the posters user name I presume is meant to be the Christian god. Anthony Flew dismissed the idea of the Judeo - Christian god.

And Flew was just one man, who apparently did not understand the amount of redundancy in the genetic code, which points to none design. Many other people understand what Flew did not, that is why they accept evolution.

I do not understand the christian belief to tout one man as if his conversion somehow disproves evolution.

I don't either to tell ya truth. Why they don't grab onto evolution as evidence of something more is confounding to me. All that information packed into the volume. its cool.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes
The point was not using Antony Flew to disprove evolution at all, at least not on my part. The point is that he left Darwinian evolution and atheism due to his better, scientific understanding of the complexities and machinery built into just the cell and that it could not possibly have happened just by chance. It would be similar to a tornado going through a junk yard and assembling all the parts of an engine, brake system, parts of the radio, parts of the heating, cooling, lighting, all the electrical systems into a super souped up sports car as to believe the complexities of the cell happened without a designer.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:52 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,350 times
Quote:
The point was not using Antony Flew to disprove evolution at all, at least not on my part. The point is that he left Darwinian evolution and atheism due to his better, scientific understanding of the complexities and machinery built into just the cell and that it could not possibly have happened just by chance. It would be similar to a tornado going through a junk yard and assembling all the parts of an engine, brake system, parts of the radio, parts of the heating, cooling, lighting, all the electrical systems into a super souped up sports car as to believe the complexities of the cell happened without a designer.
Why oh why do you keep repeating this lie? You have been given solid evidence repeatedly in the man's own words that this is not so. This does not reflect well on your character.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:00 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
The man had dementia. It is a slow insidious disease of the brain. Everything written, and said in his last years should be viewed with that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity