Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I too agree. Finn keeps pretending it is all about what she SAID . . . but that is NOT what the concern is about. It is about what she would DO. It is all hypothetical anyway. AS for the threats . . . NO ONE condones them or tries to defend them. They are never justified . . . though Finn seems to think they are the main point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I also believe bible fundamentalists have created this whole mess themselves. There would be no gay person going into a food establishment to trap a bible fundamentalist owner, if they had not brought judgement and condemnation up on gay folk.
Amen. Why they concern themselves about others when ALL the instructions are intended to be applied to themselves is a strange conundrum of humanity, pcamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not pretending, because she didn't do anything else but speak, so there it nothing else you can accuse her of. You pretend she did something else in order to add some "bite" to your accusations and judgment. You should not be offended by other people's desire to follow their God. Instead, you should focus on YOUR OWN walk with God. Didn't you make an emotional post about the importance of MYOB? What happened?
You know full well that everyone commenting about her is commenting about what she would DO . . . NOT merely what she said. No one is concerned about what she said. That is her business and entirely personal. But if she DID act as a business the way she feels . . . THAT would be against the discrimination laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Focus on your own walk with God?. You don not believe that for one minute, you believe it is your duty to call out that which you do not approve of in others.
This has been a problem with the self-righteous among us forever, pcamps. They really can NOT mind their own business . . . but boy are they sensitive about it when others point it out . . . then they accuse those pointing it out of not minding their own business. It is a riot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
IIRC, I did not even mention the pizza lady, saying anyone sins nor did I use the word BIGOT to describe any bigots in my post? Of course you PARSED it severly to alter the overall context of what I did post..since it was all in reference to what Tom Monahagn did and his actions as related to evangelicals..
You have been doing it for several weeks now, and your recent post was nothing but yet another attempt to paint Christians in bad light. It's all you ever do.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
You know full well that everyone commenting about her is commenting about what she would DO . . .
You attacking her for her desire to honor God is a BUTT-IN on steroids. Why do you believe it is your duty to call out which you do not approve of in others? You and pcamps accuse others of this very thing, but it is exactly what you do routinely on this board. Personally I have not called out anything other than the hypocrisy of those who attack Christians for their desire to honor God.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-22-2015 at 11:26 AM..

Old 04-22-2015, 11:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
You have been doing it for several weeks now, and your recent post was nothing but yet another attempt to paint Christians in bad light. It's all you ever do.
Monahagn did it himeself...let facts speak for themselves, if you are able to do this...

So the first judgement was attacking the pizza lady, when youy werfe reminded the post has nothing to do with the pizza lady you go for the broader ALL CHRISTIANS, so what will be next?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Amen. Why they concern themselves about others when ALL the instructions are intended to be applied to themselves is a strange conundrum of humanity, pcamps.
You know full well that everyone commenting about her is commenting about what she would DO . . . NOT merely what she said. No one is concerned about what she said. That is her business and entirely personal. But if she DID act as a business the way she feels . . . THAT would be against the discrimination laws.
This has been a problem with the self-righteous among us forever, pcamps. They really can NOT mind their own business . . . but boy are they sensitive about it when others point it out . . . then they accuse those pointing it out of not minding their own business. It is a riot!
Quote:
You attacking her for her desire to honor God is a BUTT-IN on steroids. Why do you believe it is your duty to call out which you do not approve of in others? You and pcamps accuse others of this very thing, but it is exactly what you do routinely on this board. Personally I have not called out anything other than the hypocrisy of those who attack Christians for their desire to honor God.
You do NOT honor God by mistreating others NO MATTER what sin you think they are committing, Finn. But it is our societal duty to point out and prevent such mistreatment of others for ANY reason . . . let alone what someone thinks is Sin. The honoring God nonsense is butting in on steroids using the name of God as cover . . . because God wants VOLUNTARY action from us . . . NOT forced or coerced by anyone else. It is truly none of your business what others are or are not doing . . . as long as they violate no societal laws. But those who would violate societal laws for religious reasons must be pointed out and prevented from doing so. The latter is NOT butting in . . . it is crime prevention.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Monahagn did it himeself...let facts speak for themselves, if you are able to do this...

So the first judgement was attacking the pizza lady, when youy werfe reminded the post has nothing to do with the pizza lady you go for the broader ALL CHRISTIANS, so what will be next?
The thread is about the pizza lady who you have been attacking for several weeks.

My post stands. I have nothing to correct. It is nothing but yet another attempt to tear down Christians in general. You said they run around yelling some nonsense, but the truth it is YOU who runs around yelling.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You do NOT honor God by mistreating others NO MATTER what sin you think they are committing, Finn. But it is our societal duty to point out and prevent such mistreatment of others for ANY reason . . . let alone what someone thinks is Sin. The honoring God nonsense is butting in on steroids using the name of God as cover . . . because God wants VOLUNTARY action from us . . . NOT forced or coerced by anyone else. It is truly none of your business what others are or are not doing . . . as long as they violate no societal laws. But those who would violate societal laws for religious reasons must be pointed out and prevented from doing so. The latter is NOT butting in . . . it is crime prevention.
The pizza lady's desire to honor God does not force or coerce anyone into anything. What are you talking about? If it her voluntary action, and maybe you should learn to respect other people willingness to do things to honor their God.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The thread is about the pizza lady who you have been attacking for several weeks.
My post stands. I have nothing to correct. It is nothing but yet another attempt to tear down Christians in general. You said they run around yelling some nonsense, but the truth it is YOU who runs around yelling.
Quote:
The pizza lady's desire to honor God does not force or coerce anyone into anything. What are you talking about? If it her voluntary action, and maybe you should learn to respect other people willingness to do things to honor their God.
The pizza lady's desire to honor God would not force or coerce anyone into anything . . . as long as she did NOT ACT on it in her business. As long as it is just words and not actions . . . it remains between her and her God. When she tries to ACT on it in her business she is no longer honoring her God she is violating the law. You do NOT honor God by mistreating anyone no matter what the reason, period.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM

229 posts, read 338,475 times
It surprises me when people say they're Christian but feel this was discrimination. Unlike the auto place in MI this business owner stated they would service, they just said they would not go out of their way to cater a wedding. EVERYONE has a conscience about what they will and will not do or feel comfortable doing. Some use their own personal conscience based on how they were raised or socially acceptable and some are guided by the bible and using that with logic. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you are right. If someone doesn't want to service me because of my ethnicity I don't force them to or wish ill on their business I move on to where my money can help those who want my business. The vile and evil things done and said by people who preach tolerance has been something I haven't seen since civil rights with AA's and to some extent with Mexicans and those who persecute them thinking they are all illegals.

When people hear child molesters or serial killers say they were "born that way" since it was some mental or emotional issue the court of public opinion rejects these notions all while a lawyer and DR try to persuade us. While I am not a DR and don't even play one on TV I do understand there might be some chemical, mental or emotional imbalance so while I hate it's an over used excuse I hate the crime and leave judgement to God and feel they reap what they sow. But using this new trend ANYONE can sue for discrimination based on their choices. I actually respect a homosexual who tell me they know its against the bible but who they are just like a hetero who says the same about adultery or fornication. The bible talks about God hates the person lukewarm at Rev 3:16 and those who stay on the fence are just as guilty as those who are doing the very things that displease God.

I understand more than most how hard staying chaste in this world is. Homosexuality is just as bad as fornication as something that God says will prevent inheriting Gods kingdom or the earth so I don't go out of my way to make them feel worse than someone who sleeps around since I also would not be friends with those people either to be honest. It's not homophobia I just choose not to associate or honor lifestyles that go against my core conscience. As a Christian we are told to put God and his commandments above all, including friends, family, even governments. If we are to put God first in our lives and every example of homosexuality, fornication, adultery, etc in the bible is something God detests or something that didn't end well then as a Christian why would you think I need to go against my bible trained conscience to make someone practicing this alternative lifestyle feel better about themselves? I've seen SO MANY misapplication of bible about certain bible topics that atheist or agnostics use as proof they are not Godly men and women, and I agreed there is much hypocrisy and false teachings in many Christian churches. However, these same ones pick and choose certain scriptures to defend their gay lifestyle as a Christian... hypocrisy. Then a few say they are just living a alternative lifestyle but it's not a choice while not realizing that the synonym of alternative is... choice. I can't help but to think about 2 Tim 4:3 that people will run to Christian sects to validate their lifestyles even if the bible is clear on what pleases and displeases God. Courageous is not someone morbidly obese wearing a bathing suit at a beach or someone who goes without make-up for a day but rather someone who stands firm on their bible based conscience even though unpopular with world trends.

Last edited by MichaelDante; 04-22-2015 at 12:58 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
It surprises me when people say they're Christian but feel this was discrimination. Unlike the auto place in MI this business owner stated they would service, they just said they would not go out of their way to cater a wedding. EVERYONE has a conscience about what they will and will not do or feel comfortable doing. Some use their own personal conscience based on how they were raised or socially acceptable and some are guided by the bible and using that with logic. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you are right. If someone doesn't want to service me because of my ethnicity I don't force them to or wish ill on their business I move on to where my money can help those who want my business. The vile and evil things done and said by people who preach tolerance has been something I haven't seen since civil rights with AA's and to some extent with Mexicans and those who persecute them thinking they are all illegals.

When people hear child molesters or serial killers say they were "born that way" since it was some mental or emotional issue the court of public opinion rejects these notions all while a lawyer and DR try to persuade us. While I am not a DR and don't even play one on TV I do understand there might be some chemical, mental or emotional imbalance so while I hate it's an over used excuse I hate the crime and leave judgement to God and feel they reap what they sow. But using this new trend ANYONE can sue for discrimination based on their choices. I actually respect a homosexual who tell me they know its against the bible but who they are just like a hetero who says the same about adultery or fornication. The bible talks about God hates the person lukewarm at Rev 3:16 and those who stay on the fence are just as guilty as those who are doing the very things that displease God.

I understand more than most how hard staying chaste in this world is. Homosexuality is just as bad as fornication as something that God says will prevent inheriting Gods kingdom or the earth so I don't go out of my way to make them feel worse than someone who sleeps around since I also would not be friends with those people either to be honest. It's not homophobia I just choose not to associate or honor lifestyles that go against my core conscience. As a Christian we are told to put God and his commandments above all, including friends, family, even governments. If we are to put God first in our lives and every example of homosexuality, fornication, adultery, etc in the bible is something God detests or something that didn't end well then as a Christian why would you think I need to go against my bible trained conscience to make someone practicing this alternative lifestyle feel better about themselves? I've seen SO MANY misapplication of bible about certain bible topics that atheist or agnostics use as proof they are not Godly men and women, and I agreed there is much hypocrisy and false teachings in many Christian churches. However, these same ones pick and choose certain scriptures to defend their gay lifestyle as a Christian... hypocrisy. Then a few say they are just living a alternative lifestyle but it's not a choice while not realizing that the synonym of alternative is... choice. I can't help but to think about 2 Tim 4:3 that people will run to Christian sects to validate their lifestyles even if the bible is clear on what pleases and displeases God. Courageous is not someone morbidly obese wearing a bathing suit at a beach or someone who goes without make-up for a day but rather someone who stands firm on their bible based conscience even though unpopular with world trends.
The idea that you think gays have to defend their lifestyle is the true sin because it presupposes that their lifestyle should be attacked. They do NOT have to defend their lifestyle to you or anyone else because you should NOT be attacking them or their lifestyle for ANY reason, period. How you can think you are so courageous or honoring your God by mistreating people you THINK your God disapproves of is beyond me!!! Christ did NOT come to condemn anyone and He said God is NOT holding our sins against us . . . so what is this obsession with sin??? Why all the judging, condemnation, shunning, etc.??? Sin is between each person and God, period. Humans can be so perverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity