Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:55 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,508,445 times

Advertisements

We wouldn't have this problem if every single church hands over all their sermons to LGBT, so that LGBT can take all the sermons from all the Christian churches and all the Muslim Mosques and all the Jewish Synagogues.

Why don't all the preachers, priests, monks and whatever, why don't they just give in to LGBT, and hand their sermons over so they can begin brainwashing Christians from the pulpit?

O, O, Yeah, that already happened.

Such a strange idea that every preacher from every faith should have to hand their sermons over to the governing LGBT, as if it could ever happen.

It has already happened.

P.S.

''LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE!''

Are we living in some kind of Bizzarro world LOL!

Is this some kind of New America created by the Simpson's creator?

You can't make this stuff up, '' WHERE ARE YOUR PAPERS!!!!''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 05:01 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,560,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
American Christians are lukewarm and don't even know it... Most don't follow Him, they follow the world-while 'claiming to know Him':
As a non-believer I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:11 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
As a non-believer I wholeheartedly agree with this.
I would be interested in hearing what the bar is that TC has set.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Envious? Not at all... It makes me sick that people spend their money on the things of the flesh, when they should be serving God. Before I was born again, i was all about the flesh; nice houses, lifted trucks, 'toys', flying to and fro for vacations, twice a day to Starbucks for a $3.95 'Caramel macchiato', spending a hundred bucks a week eating at restaurants... Just to name a few. I gave up my old life for a new and better life in Christ. Jesus removed all of that stuff from my heart, and caused me to see life from the perspective of the gospel. American Christians are lukewarm and don't even know it... Most don't follow Him, they follow the world-while 'claiming to know Him':

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

If He has 'taught you', you will do what He said it...

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

That is the whole gospel in a nutshell, and it isn't grievous. Maybe you should give it a try eh...

TC
I really like this post TC.

If it was so easy to die to your old life, everyone would do it.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Civil disobedience and protest and the tools of change. I will be protesting at a church next Sunday after next, St Paul's I believe. I will be the militant civil rights activist wearing Channel. Look for me.

Don't forget the fabulous shoes.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:22 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

They would if tney knew how, sadly those entrusted to feed the flock don't know how too,incuding your good self.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They would if tney knew how, sadly those entrusted to feed the flock don't know how too,incuding your good self.

I believe Jesus, that's all.

I believe God, and I believe in sin.

Sin is.

And although people like to pick and choose for themselves, they never do give us anything, never.

They just say,'' This is no longer sin.''

They change the definition of sin and then refuse to tell us what is sin and what isn't sin, why is that?

There can be no reason or logic, only that you choose to not believe what Jesus and his disciples told you was sin, but there can be no debate because people refuse to call anything sin, and they no longer have any definition of sin.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:27 PM

I think we should all protest against God and his definition of sin, bring your good shoes.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:16 PM

277 posts, read 228,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

You cannot die to yourself without help from God... He has to give you the grace to do so. The Holy Spirit must teach you a new way of doing things. That is why grace is 'not of us', because it is the power of Christ resting upon us. The version of grace that is being sold to 'Christians' today is a counterfeit gospel.

It is so sad to see how the power of the gospel has been removed. But, Scripture said this would happen just before His return...

TC

Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 PM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If only they didn't serve ANY sinners...
This reveals the hypocrisy that underlies the actual bigotry involved. If they were consistent, they would post a sign indicating their desie to refuse service to ANY sinners, period. Of course, they would soon be out of business . . . but their souls and consciences would be clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I've been reading this thread and have come to realize that there truly is GREAT FEAR among certain Christians concerning even being anywhere near a gay person. There is GREAT FEAR associated with sexual sin compared to all other sin. Can anyone tell me why this is? Is there no hand wringing going on by those who are weak in many other ways - like you know, treating women like lower creatures for example. Murder and child abuse - I would not want to get close to people I know who are practicing those things, but I don't fear the gay. What gives? I have my own sexual urges and I accept them as part of being human. I don't fret over it. Not that I would want to be reduced to prostitution or anything like that. Why is SEX so frightening to people more than any other behavior?
For all we know, there may be any number of sexless gay couples who simply want companionship. When I think of gay couples, I don't immediately think about sex between them.
I truly do NOT understand the inordinate and obsessive nature of the focus on Gays by Christians. It is an enigma. What harm do gays do to non-gays that provokes this intense animus against them??? I swear you would think they were serial killers or mass murderers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity