Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
We got a used tank on Craigslist for $20.
The property has no water and you're going to rely on a used $20 water tank? Did you ask them why they were selling a 1,500 gallon water tank for twenty bucks when others on CL are listed for hundreds of dollars?

You've got all kinds of faith if you're trusting a $20 water tank. In a state known for the corrosive quality of its water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 05:03 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Nope. The court date on Apr28 IS FOR April's rent. Timeline is accurate. Our eviction notice is dated the end of Mar2015, our last day here being Apr30
Then why would the landlord sue you? If your eviction notice says the end of March (ie, March 31) then you should have been out of there on April 1.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:34 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
If there is no written lease agreement, Arizona law requires the rent to be paid within 5 days of the due date or the landlord can start eviction proceedings.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Then why would the landlord sue you? If your eviction notice says the end of March (ie, March 31) then you should have been out of there on April 1.
No, AZ LL/Tenant law states 30 day eviction notice for month to mo leases.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
No, AZ LL/Tenant law states 30 day eviction notice for month to mo leases.
True ... and that means you had 30 days, after paying for the month of April to set aside funds and move out by the 1st of May?
Instead of doing that, you chose to use April's payment, as you needed the cash upfront for another place?

... are you saying that you put 5,000 down, but were unable to save anything over a two year period?
In other words, you had no other option? Was it a matter of being unemployed for a period of time?

Or do you live from paycheck to paycheck?

Because if that is the case, You should have never entered a lease with the option of buying, while depleting your savings.
How you believe it is honorable to pay-double, does not line up with that of being a good steward; and makes no sense.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
True ... and that means you had 30 days, after paying for the month of April to set aside funds and move out by the 1st of May?
Instead of doing that, you chose to use April's payment, as you needed the cash upfront for another place?

... are you saying that you put 5,000 down, but were unable to save anything over a two year period?
In other words, you had no other option? Was it a matter of being unemployed for a period of time?

Or do you live from paycheck to paycheck?

Because if that is the case, You should have never entered a lease with the option of buying, while depleting your savings.
How you believe it is honorable to pay-double, does not line up with that of being a good steward; and makes no sense.

This entire tale has parts missing IMO. If the OP has enough income to consider buying the first house but could not because she could not get a mortgage, why would she have to move to a rat-trap trailer without electricity and water (and indoor plumbing?) when the deal on the first place fell through? Is there nothing better than this trailer available to rent? I think it should have been obvious several months before the original lease expired that there would be no mortgage and no purchase, so the OP should have started looking for a new place. The LL wouldn't have agreed to a purchase option on the lease if she was not interested in selling the property.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:31 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
This entire tale has parts missing IMO. If the OP has enough income to consider buying the first house but could not because she could not get a mortgage, why would she have to move to a rat-trap trailer without electricity and water (and indoor plumbing?) when the deal on the first place fell through? Is there nothing better than this trailer available to rent? I think it should have been obvious several months before the original lease expired that there would be no mortgage and no purchase, so the OP should have started looking for a new place. The LL wouldn't have agreed to a purchase option on the lease if she was not interested in selling the property.
Yes parts of the story are missing. The OP said she had 30 days to fix the trailer and flip it. Did her friends just give her the trailer + 2 acres of land? Is the OP fixing the trailer to occupy, or flip? I don't see how she can have a trailer in such poor condition ready to be flipped, or occupied in 30 days. If she is moving to a trailer where the previous tenants were vermin and skunks she could be exposing her family to the hantavirus.

Doing business with friends, usually ends friendships. I hope the OP has found other options.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Yes parts of the story are missing. The OP said she had 30 days to fix the trailer and flip it. Did her friends just give her the trailer + 2 acres of land? Is the OP fixing the trailer to occupy, or flip? I don't see how she can have a trailer in such poor condition ready to be flipped, or occupied in 30 days. If she is moving to a trailer where the previous tenants were vermin and skunks she could be exposing her family to the hantavirus.

Doing business with friends, usually ends friendships. I hope the OP has found other options.
Where is she going to get the money to flip the trailer if she did not have the money for April's rent on the first residence?...

Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where is she going to get the money to flip the trailer if she did not have the money for April's rent on the first residence?...
Exactly the OP still owes April's rent + 280.00 late fees if she is out by the 28th of April. I can't see that trailer being move-in ready by 4/28.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Exactly the OP still owes April's rent + 280.00 late fees if she is out by the 28th of April. I can't see that trailer being move-in ready by 4/28.
Yea...One cannot expect G-d to provide if one is not doing things the way one should...

Eliza, I am going to come break into your house through a window and make sure I cut myself on broken glass so then I can take you to court and sue you, because, you know what?...G-d will provide, I will be the victor because I am a "Christian" and you aren't...So, you deserve what ever happens to you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity