Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 PM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why should our rights be trampled on for the sake of others? Why must WE be the ones to compromise? The Bill of Rights guarantees us freedom of religion.
Freedom of Religion does NOT mean Freedom of Business. Religion is a separate sphere within society that must remain within itself and NOT blur the distinction . . . or risk legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 06:27 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So based on your posts the King of the Jungle, the lion is perverted, as are black swans, mallards, horses, cows, penguins, and several hundred other kinds of animals, made infallibly by God, because all of them have a segment of their populations, both male and female, who are homosexual. Just google homosexual animals and read or watch the videos.

How did a perfect God manage to screw up so many species? Did those species choose a homosexual lifestyle? Or perhaps God never screwed up at all. Instead, perhaps you have a screwed up thought process that neither reflects the nature God created in hundreds of species, nor the spirit of love and acceptance displayed in Jesus. You certainly show no ability to interpret scripture for the time in which it exists, and anytime you would like me to embarrass you further, let me know and together we can show the whole CD thread how much of the OT you don't believe nor practice.

I would sincerely love that opportunity, particularly in showing how "perverted(dictionary definition) your interpretation of the Bible is!!
Animals eat their young, did God screw that up too? I don't know why you keep trying to equate animals with humanity. Do you even believe God created us? Are we just another species of animal? Morality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom. Only instinct.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Ministers aren't required to perform marriage ceremonies for anyone now. I can't imagine how that could change. Members of the clergy can refuse to perform any marriage, even if their only objection is that they feel a couple isn't ready.

Ideally, ceremonies performed by clergy would have no legal standing. The only legally recognized marriages should be via civil contract. Those who wish to do so would always be free to augment that legal contract with a religious ceremony.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said I was "absolutely right" about your straw man argument. I never said what you suggested. You invented it and inserted it my mouth. Dishonest. Drop it.
You said that ministers would be forced to perform same sex marriages. I agreed and qualified the particular ministers that would be forced to do that or quit. It is not a straw man and I put nothing in your mouth. Admit you are upset about nothing and are being dishonest or drop it.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Animals eat their young, did God screw that up too? I don't know why you keep trying to equate animals with humanity. Do you even believe God created us? Are we just another species of animal? Morality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom. Only instinct.
Some animals raise their young. Some mate for life. Sometimes their sexuality is fluid, much like humans.

We share the same cell structure, and breathe the same air. So, we have a lot in common with animals.
Animals are capable of showing love and loyalty, and grief. Your understanding of the animal kingdom is lacking.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-29-2015 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-29-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Amazing! You are absolutely right once again! Ministers who conduct a business of weddings such as a wedding chapel that is open to the public will be required to extend their services to any members of the public who come into that place of business. Don't want to do it? Get out of the business.
Quote:
Please do not insert your words into my mouth. It is dishonest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What words did I insert? You said "ministers," I merely noted the special class of ministers that would be the only ones affected. Don't accuse me of dishonesty when it is not true, that's dishonest.
Quote:
You said I was "absolutely right" about your straw man argument. I never said what you suggested. You invented it and inserted it my mouth. Dishonest. Drop it.
There is no dishonesty here, brothers. It is a simple matter of adding a qualification to your assertion that Ministers operating in their religious duties for their parishioners will be regulated by the government, Finn. That will NOT happen. But as nate pointed out . . . those who open a PUBLIC business (outside their parishioners) WILL be subject to the discrimination laws for business.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-29-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 07:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

I'm guessing most strip clubs have the ability to pick their "dancers" based on appearance.

Thinking about strip clubs? It's always interesting to see what the fundamentalists are thinking about. Strip clubs.....gay sex... body orifices....

The strip club owner has the right to hire whatever dancer he thinks will be best for the job. He does NOT have the right to pick and choose which customers he'll serve because his religion tells him something is a sin. Nor does he have the right to refuse service to a customer because he wants to honor God. Freedom of religion does not mean the club owner is free to discriminate. The Bill of Rights does not give you or the strip club owner or anyone else the right the right to pick and choose which laws you are going to obey.

You still need to find your local community college and take a Civics class. As does every.single.fundamentalist who thinks he's a special snowflake and not subject to the laws of the United States of America.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Some animals raise their young. Some mate for life. Sometimes their sexuality is fluid, much like humans.

We share the same cell structure, and breathe the same air. So, we have a lot in common with animals.
Animals are capable of showing love and loyalty, and grief. You understanding of the animal kingdom is lacking.
And yours of humans, which are not animals. What animals do and what humans do are only slightly the same, unless you defecate in your neighbors yard whenever you feel the need, lick your rear end when finished and smell everyone else' pile.

God gave no directions to animals and He did to man. Now if someone wants to act like an animal, that is their choice. After all animals do not have a ceremony mandated by law for matings, why do those saying how they act is OK, not agree that no ceremony is needed?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thinking about strip clubs? It's always interesting to see what the fundamentalists are thinking about. Strip clubs.....gay sex... body orifices....
The strip club owner has the right to hire whatever dancer he thinks will be best for the job. He does NOT have the right to pick and choose which customers he'll serve because his religion tells him something is a sin. Nor does he have the right to refuse service to a customer because he wants to honor God. Freedom of religion does not mean the club owner is free to discriminate. The Bill of Rights does not give you or the strip club owner or anyone else the right the right to pick and choose which laws you are going to obey.
You still need to find your local community college and take a Civics class. As does every.single.fundamentalist who thinks he's a special snowflake and not subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Well said, Dew! Too soon, etc.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:29 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And yours of humans, which are not animals. What animals do and what humans do are only slightly the same, unless you defecate in your neighbors yard whenever you feel the need, lick your rear end when finished and smell everyone else' pile.

God gave no directions to animals and He did to man. Now if someone wants to act like an animal, that is their choice. After all animals do not have a ceremony mandated by law for matings, why do those saying how they act is OK, not agree that no ceremony is needed?
You used to defecate in diapers. It took about two years to train you. Most animals are trained in weeks.

Dogs clean themselves with their tongues, and it might be pleasurable, too. Humans are just not that flexible, and I am sure if you could lick your b**** , who's to say you would not like it, too.

Animals are not capable of consent. That is why we treat them with dignity and love. The rest is silliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity