Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
...snip...

I really don't know what makes a person think that homosexuality is not an immoral sin that brings punishment?
Because how can two adults loving each other and bringing harm to none - be wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because how can two adults loving each other and bringing harm to none - be wrong?

Really?

How many people have died from the result?

But if there is no God, that's just fine anyway, but let's not let people pretend that God didn't say what he said, and that Jesus didn't say what he said, and let all people admit the truth of what the New Testament says about homosexuality.

It may not matter to you if you don't believe in God, but don't you find it a little creepy that people pretend not to admit the truth when speaking for the bible?

Christians in here acting as if there is some other secret bible that only they have, lol.

God is not of two minds on the issue, and I believe God. I give you the whole road Trout, you have your opinion if you don't believe in what the bible calls immoral acts of sin, but these Christians do not have opinions, there is no opinions about it. The bible does not changed magically if somebody doesn't want to believe what it says, nevertheless, Christians pretend that God isn't sure about his own word.

It's dishonest, irritating, sorry dude.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
It's seems that it is us or them, according to them. LOL, We can't have a rational conversation about God and Homosexuality when people don't believe the word of God. I mean, maybe you don't believe in God, and that's all fine and well, but God is not of two minds on the issue and believing God is not a person filled with hate and intolerance, it is merely believing what God sa
.................................................. ....................................
The real embarrassment is making God small, and confining God to the pages of the bible.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
It's seems that it is us or them, according to them. LOL, We can't have a rational conversation about God and Homosexuality when people don't believe the word of God. I mean, maybe you don't believe in God, and that's all fine and well, but God is not of two minds on the issue and believing God is not a person filled with hate and intolerance, it is merely believing what God says. Name calling and insults fly to me, but why?

IT is God's word.

Why don't the pro homosexual Christian turn his focus on who they are angry with, cause it sure isn't me, it is not my word as if I had some great authority over God, I am not a God who sits in my temple against everything that is called of God.

It looks extremely dishonest when somebody insults and accuses me of wrongdoing because I choose to believe what God has said. It really gets so tired and I can only assume that the pro homosexual Christian is afraid to point the finger where the finger goes.

Point at God and tell us what a sorry individual he was and is because he wont break down and change his word.

If I believe in something, I am not going to sugar coat it, I am proud of what I believe and I will be more honest than anyone, and then we have people who are just not honest with themselves.

If I had a problem with the word of God, I wouldn't believe in the bible, and I would plainly admit it and move on with my life, that's because I don't lie to myself and to everyone I see.

It's just embarrassing to watch some of these people in here who claim to be Christian but are pro gay. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they have never even read the bible. I love gay people, and I love anyone, and that is the reason that I would not lie to them.

With each pro homosexual Christian, I wonder if a couple are just pretending to be Christian and a couple others just never read the bible, I mean, what other excuse can be given as to their blatant contradictions?

It is a great wonder and a mystery that will never be solved, maybe it is a brain thing or something, maybe Lupus, is it Lupus?

I really don't know what makes a person think that homosexuality is not an immoral sin that brings punishment?
The Bible isn't your Word. But it IS your responsibility to understand it properly, and most certainly not, in your own mind condemn anyone to hell before you are simply unavoidably positive the behavior is sin. We have a lot of words in scripture about divorce---and none of them look too good. But we've found ways in our minds to not send all those divorcees to hell despite what Jesus was very clear about---living with a divorced person is causing that person to commit adultery with every sexual union.

So we'll start slow and see if you are a truth seeker. And you have to do this on your own. Read all the verses in the Bible regarding Sodom, just Sodom, not male sex with males, and then google Jewish rabbis plus the sin of Sodom. Was homosexuality---a gay man loving a gay man, the biggest sin of Sodom, or was it emphasized the way modern Christians emphasize it?

P.S. A clue to the modern Christian emphasis on the "evil" of homosexuality is the rise of Jerry Falwell. He, and a number of other religio-politico media moguls such as Robertson and Dobson brought homosexual condemnation to the forefront solely for monetary donations from fear-mongering.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
What God are you talking about?

I am not confining your God to the Bible.

I take God at his word, that is, the God of Israel.

You are not going to change his word unless you rope the moon and pull it down.
I have a long comfortable relationship with God. You make God small and confine God to the bible, and God does not like it.

Your photo?

Old 05-06-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have a long comfortable relationship with God. You make God small and confine God to the bible, and God does not like it.

Your photo?

What should I do then?

Should I take God's word and call him a liar? Should I go around all day trying to prove God wrong?

Is that about it?

I still don't know what God you are talking about, I am speaking of the God of the bible, the God of Israel, are you speaking of another God?

AGAIN, God is not a liar, God has his own word, and I don't pretend that God is a liar because I don't like what he calls immoral acts of sin.

Believe you me, I would change it in a heartbeat, but I am not God.

Are you God?

You maybe a god who can debate the God of Israel, but the God of Israel is not of two minds, there is no loophole, no back door. Obviously, there are many gods in this forum but none will give me their recorded word.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
What should I do then?

Should I take God's word and call him a liar? Should I go around all day trying to prove God wrong?

Is that about it?

I still don't know what God you are talking about, I am speaking of the God of the bible, the God of Israel, are you speaking of another God?

AGAIN, God is not a liar, God has his own word, and I don't pretend that God is a liar because I don't like what he calls immoral acts of sin.

Believe you me, I would change it in a heartbeat, but I am not God.

Are you God?

You maybe a god who can debate the God of Israel, but the God of Israel is not of two minds, there is no loophole, no back door.
I suggest you start listening to God. You prefer to argue and obfuscate. You are not listening.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I suggest you start listening to God. You prefer to argue and obfuscate. You are not listening.

Again, I have no idea what you are even talking about, I listen to God by studying his word and his word is truth set in concrete, if I listen long enough, will God contradict himself?

God has written a whole book about this subject, and he is not going to contradict himself no matter how bad people want him to contradict himself. You can sit and listen all day, but listen to what is coming out of your mouth.

God is not going to change, and all the listening in the world aint gonna change that, what do you mean?

You would really have to be desperate waiting for the word of God to change, but you have changed it yourself haven't you?

That's cause you are a god, little G.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
I don't believe the character created in the bible and described as "God," is God.

Not even close.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Again, I have no idea what you are even talking about, I listen to God by studying his word and his word is truth set in concrete, if I listen long enough, will God contradict himself?

God has written a whole book about this subject, and he is not going to contradict himself no matter how bad people want him to contradict himself. You can sit and listen all day, but listen to what is coming out of your mouth.

God is not going to change, and all the listening in the world aint gonna change that, what do you mean?

You would really have to be desperate waiting for the word of God to change, but you have changed it yourself haven't you?

That's cause you are a god, little G.
Hmm. If you really read and study your Bible you would find dozens of contradictions. Since my own Bible study has me in Leviticus, it appears quite interesting that God never condemns in Genesis Abraham for marrying his own half sister nor Jacob for marrying sisters Leah and Racel, though it is very clear in Leviticus 20 that such individuals should be cut off from their own people.

You aren't studying. You are reinforcing your prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity