Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 AM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Hmm. If you really read and study your Bible you would find dozens of contradictions. Since my own Bible study has me in Leviticus, it appears quite interesting that God never condemns in Genesis Abraham for marrying his own half sister nor Jacob for marrying sisters Leah and Racel, though it is very clear in Leviticus 20 that such individuals should be cut off from their own people.

You aren't studying. You are reinforcing your prejudice.

So you think if I study hard enough, what is righteous will become unrighteous and what is unrighteous will become righteous?

Sounds about right, you think if I study long enough, that I could twist the word of God into making sexual immorality righteous?

LOL.

You go ahead and change whatever you want, let your ears be tickled into hearing anything you want and let you really believe what you want. I see that every single day dude. Call the Torah a strange thing and become lawless, it is completely up to you, YOU ARE THE TEMPLE, and you can sit there in your temple on the throne of God standing against all that is called of God or that is worshipped, and you can easily prove that you are God because you prove God wrong, and so you must be a god.

We have been well informed about the sons of perdition, those lawless people who think they can change the word of God, and have.

We have already been warned and informed of the great falling away from the commandments of God and the lawlessness that was talked about, here we are.

But see, the gods in here, in this forum stand against God's word, but they refuse to give us their own word, as they are Gods above the God of Israel, they bring God down and climb right above him and yet, WHERE IS THEIR WORD?

You wanna change the definition of sin, and above that, you wanna changed what is sexually immoral into it being accepted, then please, be generous and give us your list and definition of sin if you have cast out God's word.

You wanna defy God but you leave us with nothing at all.

I can give you God's list if you wanna see it, things like homosexuality, and fornication and adultery, but that's God's list of sexually immoral acts, WHAT IS YOURS?

If you people want to throw away the list of what God says is sexually immoral, THEN PLEASE, PROVIDE YOUR OWN LIST~

Is everything ok, where should we start?

A man wants to have sex with a willing 11 year old boy, wrong or right? Righteous or unrighteous?

According TO PEOPLE WHO DEFY AND REJECT THE WORD OF GOD, it must be a righteous act that everyone should follow, I mean, is there anything unrighteous after you have cast down the word of God?

No.

You people who claim to be gods, WHERE IS YOUR WORD?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-06-2015 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 AM

277 posts, read 227,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Hmm. If you really read and study your Bible you would find dozens of contradictions. Since my own Bible study has me in Leviticus, it appears quite interesting that God never condemns in Genesis Abraham for marrying his own half sister nor Jacob for marrying sisters Leah and Racel, though it is very clear in Leviticus 20 that such individuals should be cut off from their own people.

You aren't studying. You are reinforcing your prejudice.
Warden... It appears that you need to study the Scriptures a little more. Yes Leviticus 20 says such things, but the Levitical Law was not given until long after Jacob was dead and buried. He was not under the Levitical system of laws. There is no contradiction there... Lets not get this thread sidetracked though. If you want to talk contractions go start a thread on that. As for your other post;

"The Bible isn't your Word. But it IS your responsibility to understand it properly, and most certainly not, in your own mind condemn anyone to hell before you are simply unavoidably positive the behavior is sin. We have a lot of words in scripture about divorce---and none of them look too good. But we've found ways in our minds to not send all those divorcees to hell despite what Jesus was very clear about---living with a divorced person is causing that person to commit adultery with every sexual union.

So we'll start slow and see if you are a truth seeker. And you have to do this on your own. Read all the verses in the Bible regarding Sodom, just Sodom, not male sex with males, and then google Jewish rabbis plus the sin of Sodom. Was homosexuality---a gay man loving a gay man, the biggest sin of Sodom, or was it emphasized the way modern Christians emphasize it?

P.S. A clue to the modern Christian emphasis on the "evil" of homosexuality is the rise of Jerry Falwell. He, and a number of other religio-politico media moguls such as Robertson and Dobson brought homosexual condemnation to the forefront solely for monetary donations from fear-mongering."

Let's read just consider one verse about Sodomy in the New Testament (seeing how that is the Covenant that Christians are under):

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

That phrase in the Greek is only one word:

1Co 6:9 (G2228) KnowG1492 ye notG3756 thatG3754 the unrighteousG94 shall notG3756 inheritG2816 the kingdomG932 of God?G2316 Be notG3361 deceived:G4105 neitherG3777 fornicators,G4205 norG3777 idolaters,G1496 norG3777 adulterers,G3432 norG3777 effeminate,G3120 norG3777 abusers of themselves with mankind,G733

G733
ἀρσενοκοίτης
arsenokoitēs
ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace
From G730 and G2845; a sodomite: - abuser of (that defile) self with mankind.

A 'sodomite' is one who commits sodomy... Sodomy is against the natural use of the body. And it is not just a man with a man. It is also a man who sodomizes a woman(even his own wife). They which commit sodomy are going against the natural use...

Additionally, God even condemns many and causes them to live that way because they have rejected Him:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The fact is, Sodomy is not only a crime against God, God has given many over to it because they worship man and beast instead of Him... Moreover,those who are committing sodomy-even with their wives, are being disobedient to the word of God whether they call themselves Christians or not (they are likewise not going to inherit the kingdom of God...) Say what you want and make excuses, but the men of Sodom did not come to Lot's house looking for money and riches-they wanted to 'know' the men (to lay with them). Additionally, the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were also guilty of fornication and even worse, going after strange flesh (sex with beasts);

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Warden, you lack knowledge. Sodomy is not only a crime against God, but also a judgment of God against some, because they refused to acknowledge and obey Him. I suggest that you take your own advice; go become a 'truth seeker' and find Spiritual wisdom and understanding-lest you perish for lack of knowledge on Judgment Day...

TC

Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 PM

277 posts, read 227,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The real embarrassment is making God small, and confining God to the pages of the bible.

You lack understanding... The God of the Bible is not small. He created everything. His word is simply the way He chose for us to get wisdom and knowledge of Him. Who are you to decide that He should have done it some other way? See Ron, the real problem is this; you are comparing apples to oranges... You are comparing the god that you have created and worship in the vanity of your mind and belly-with the God that we worship in the Bible. Don't compare your god to the Christian God. They are different. If you want to worship your god-who is not the god and author of the Bible, go ahead. Christians worship the God of the Bible-the way He commands us to; In Spirit and truth (His Spirit and His Word).

Ron, your god is not mighty to save and can give you no power over Satan. He is not a god who can give you an eternal life either. Your 'god' is not the God you will face on Judgment Day. The God of the Hebrew Bible is... And that God is the very same one written about in the New Testament-who was 'manifested in the flesh and preached to every creature'. I know you don't like the way He decided to manifest Himself, and you are not alone my friend:

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Repent and submit yourself to the God of the Bible. You will be spared on Judgment Day and given everlasting life. Continue to deny Him however, and He will deny you on that day...

TC

Old 05-06-2015, 12:13 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
The growth and power of the LGBT group is a warning from God to America's 'Christians'... His Wrath is coming:

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

God has indeed given America over to a reprobate mind... It is evidenced by what is going on in every facet of America's society. For those of you who call yourselves 'Christians'-it is time to repent and sanctify yourself from America's ungodliness and worldly lusts, lest you be a partaker of its sins and receive of its plagues. God is only going to protect those who have truly placed their trust in Him.Trust is not lip service-it is obedience to His word... It is time to humble yourself and become obedient while there is still time.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

TC

"Judge not, lest ye shall be judged".

I don't know, but I think people who spew hatred in the name of Jesus Christ, might have another thing coming on the other side.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:16 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
You lack understanding... The God of the Bible is not small. He created everything. His word is simply the way He chose for us to get wisdom and knowledge of Him. Who are you to decide that He should have done it some other way? See Ron, the real problem is this; you are comparing apples to oranges... You are comparing the god that you have created and worship in the vanity of your mind and belly-with the God that we worship in the Bible. Don't compare your god to the Christian God. They are different. If you want to worship your god-who is not the god and author of the Bible, go ahead. Christians worship the God of the Bible-the way He commands us to; In Spirit and truth (His Spirit and His Word).

Ron, your god is not mighty to save and can give you no power over Satan. He is not a god who can give you an eternal life either. Your 'god' is not the God you will face on Judgment Day. The God of the Hebrew Bible is... And that God is the very same one written about in the New Testament-who was 'manifested in the flesh and preached to every creature'. I know you don't like the way He decided to manifest Himself, and you are not alone my friend:

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Repent and submit yourself to the God of the Bible. You will be spared on Judgment Day and given everlasting life. Continue to deny Him however, and He will deny you on that day...

TC
I do not lack understanding. I have a very long, comfortable, relationship with God. I am not worried about Satan,or eternal life, or judgement. I leave the heavy lifting to God and God is fine with it.
Your attempt to diminish God is your choice, and I have no opinion about it one way or another. You attempt to define God using only your bible, and God is so much more. You either choose to see it, or not. That is between you, and God.
I do not need to repent a thing. I am not afraid of God. We are old friends.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Again, I have no idea what you are even talking about, I listen to God by studying his word and his word is truth set in concrete, if I listen long enough, will God contradict himself?

God has written a whole book about this subject, and he is not going to contradict himself no matter how bad people want him to contradict himself. You can sit and listen all day, but listen to what is coming out of your mouth.

God is not going to change, and all the listening in the world aint gonna change that, what do you mean?

You would really have to be desperate waiting for the word of God to change, but you have changed it yourself haven't you?

That's cause you are a god, little G.
Your choice not to listen to God is between you and God. I am a messenger, with a small m. I am not afraid of God. We have a long and comfortable relationship. You and Town Crier seem a bit frantic about this.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Your choice not to listen to God is between you and God. I am a messenger, with a small m. I am not afraid of God. We have a long and comfortable relationship. You and Town Crier seem a bit frantic about this.

If your thoughts are contradicting the word of God, it's not God speaking to you, I don't even know what you mean. This is not guess work, it is written and recorded, the entire subject displayed for anyone to see. I really don't know what you mean. If you are listening to a voice that keeps telling you not to believe God, then go figure.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:57 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
Ya know, people like the OP used to have to hang out on street corners with sandwich boards proclaiming "The End Is Nigh" - now they can just make a post on the Internet. The modern world truly is amazing.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If your thoughts are contradicting the word of God, it's not God speaking to you, I don't even know what you mean. This is not guess work, it is written and recorded, the entire subject displayed for anyone to see. I really don't know what you mean. If you are listening to a voice that keeps telling you not to believe God, then go figure.
Of course you do not understand. You are frantic. You are keeping God bound in a book, and you think it contains everything about God.

Not once have I ever said, I do not believe in God. I have made it quite clear we are old friends. I have also made it clear you are not listening to God. I leave that to you and God.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Of course you do not understand. You are frantic. You are keeping God bound in a book, and you think it contains everything about God.

Not once have I ever said, I do not believe in God. I have made it quite clear we are old friends. I have also made it clear you are not listening to God. I leave that to you and God.

Again, I have the word of God, and I believe what God has said, so where is this other magical word of God? What God is it?

Is there a different bible, cause God is very clear on the subject, it's not guess work, are you understanding this? Have you even read the bible?

I still don't know what you mean, you are reading or getting some kind of word that contradicts everything God said about sexual immorality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity