Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:03 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times

Advertisements

So many on here are quick to put down scriptures and say we dont need a bible at all and call people funides that do follow the bible, since God said we are to obey his commands. What is even more sad is many of those doing that are supposed Christians too.

The bigger issue seems to be that people think they can worship God the way they please rather than the way he demands in the scriptures.

If all God cared about was our hearts, Muslims, Hindus and others worshiping their false man made idols and even unbelievers in the end should all get into the kingdom, since in their hearts they think they are pleasing God, yet they disregard the bible and what God command of us. If you arent obedient to God, he can care less about your heart, since he says our hearts are wicked.

What God wants is obedience to him and he preserved the scriptures to show how we are to be obedient and not by our own ways or how ever we please, so obeying Gods commands does matter and so does the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 08:55 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
So many on here are quick to put down scriptures and say we dont need a bible at all and call people funides that do follow the bible, since God said we are to obey his commands. What is even more sad is many of those doing that are supposed Christians too.

The bigger issue seems to be that people think they can worship God the way they please rather than the way he demands in the scriptures.

If all God cared about was our hearts, Muslims, Hindus and others worshiping their false man made idols and even unbelievers in the end should all get into the kingdom, since in their hearts they think they are pleasing God, yet they disregard the bible and what God command of us. If you arent obedient to God, he can care less about your heart, since he says our hearts are wicked.

What God wants is obedience to him and he preserved the scriptures to show how we are to be obedient and not by our own ways or how ever we please, so obeying Gods commands does matter and so does the bible.
So are you obedient?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So are you obedient?

I try my best, but this was more directed to all the blasts towards Christians on here lately by certain folks claiming we dont need a bible to know God or Jesus, your nothing but a fundamentalist for believing in the bible, or a bigot for speaking out agaisnt LGBT.

No one is perfect, but God does know the hearts of people who do genuinely try to follow him and know that they do respect his word and dont see it as an idol or just some book of fairy tales.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
So many on here are quick to put down scriptures and say we dont need a bible at all and call people funides that do follow the bible, since God said we are 1.--to obey his commands. What is even more sad is many of those doing that are 2. supposed Christians too.

The bigger issue seems to be that people think they can 3. worship God the way they please rather than the way he demands in the scriptures.

4. If all God cared about was our hearts, Muslims, Hindus and others worshiping their false man made idols and even unbelievers in the end should all get into the kingdom, since in their hearts they think they are pleasing God, yet they disregard the bible and what God command of us. If you arent o6. bedient to God, he can care less about your heart, since he says our hearts are wicked.

What God wants is obedience to him and 7. he preserved the scriptures to show how we are to be obedient and not by our own ways or how ever we please, so obeying Gods commands does matter and so does the bible.
wow, where to start? Why not start with #1?

OP stated---1.--to obey his commands

1. His commands are TWO FOLD--allow me to translate these in fundie speak-

MATTHEW 12:28

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

(NOTICE HOW THE TEACHER ASKS A QUESTION) questioning will lead to answers--

Patiently the teacher awaits an answer--

MATTHEW 12:29

The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

The answer is given--

BUT wait, this isn't finished yet, Jesus has more wisdom to impart--

MATTHEW 12:30

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

This is now the MOST IMPORTANT COMMANDMENT STRAIGHT FROM THE SAVIOR'S (aka GOD) MOUTH

AND there are NO directions or instructions given, JUST TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART SOUL AND MIND

BUT there is still MORE...

MATTHEW 12:31

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

ANOTHER commandment has just been given--the MOST important and the SECOND MOST important and there are NONE, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH that are as IMPORTANT...

Find us where there are other commandments with the SAME or GREATER importance?

SLING SCRIPTURE NOW---

OP stated--2. supposed Christians too

Fundie speak sez---

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not ...
... “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will
not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; ...

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
... “Judge not, that you be not judged. .... ... Judge not, that you be not judged. ...

1 Corinthians 4:3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by ...
... In fact, I do not even judge myself. ... But with me it is a very small thing that I
should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not my own self. ...

AND there is still MORE fun facts--the disciples wer jealous and thought they were the ONLY ones authorized to teach in Jesus name--

LUKE 9:49

"Master," said John, "we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."

Then Jesus set them straight and let them know that they are NOT the only way--

LUKE 9:50

"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

And again the OP stated--3. worship God the way they please

Worship the way "they please" seems to bring a SMILE to God's face--as it did in 2 SAMUEL 6:14

Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, (AKA >HEART< SOUL AND MIND)

David was GEEKED and hyped to the max, and the reader knows there is going to be something different about this display of worship when we read he had "just a linen ephod" not really sacred dancing material is it?

DAVID proceeds to dance "as he pleases"

2 SAMUEL 6:15

while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

The energy is RISING to the nth degree..can't you feel it!

2 SAMUEL 16:16

As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul (aka SAAN) watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

Seems MICHAL was engaging in a bit of JUDGEMENT herself, sound familiar?

Can you imagine what the dance was like? Talk about your basic human down and gritty slam..I image it as a MALE STRIPPER on a pole crossed with a gymnasts moving in every possible way in all sorts of "lewd" contortions that made MICHAL so "disgusted" with her KING.

BUT more importantly, what did GOD think of DAVID'S display and worshiping as he pleased?
Listen now, those with ears, just what God though of David's self-indulgent display that was not in line wit societal norms and approval--

2 SAMUEL 6:17

They brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the LORD.

OMG! Davis is WORSHIPING at the ARK, NAKED and still in his ANIMALISTIC DANCE MOOD, shall we stone him now??
Before we rebuke him for doing as he pleases, let's hear more, shall we?

2 SAMUEL 16:18

After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD Almighty.

David now BLESSES the people, half NAKED and consumed by joy, still in that EUPHORIC state of praise..

No stones yet? The half-naked man seems to be OK with God so far?

2 SAMUEL 16:19

Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

So David shares some food, breaks some bread and off they all go. No one seems too terribly UPSET with the King's dancing as he pleases before the Lord. But is it all just a case of no one wanting to the tell the king he literally has no clothes? When will God deal with this mocker of scripturaly sound worship techniques? Follow along as we will soon hear what God REALLY thinks about lewd dancing--and WHAT IS IN THE HEART...

2 SAMUEL 6:20

When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

Another OMG moment folks!! Right there in the Kings own house..THANK GOD MICHAL is not AFRAID to tell the king he has no clothes! Some one has to speak for God and defend His honor, why imagine if EVERYONE worshiped as they pleased! What would become of fundamentalism then!! THE HORROR, I SA, THE HORROR!

BUT, t is more important to HEAR what GOD has to say, after all mere MORTALS like MICHAL are not reall gods or goddess, are they?

David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel--I will celebrate before the LORD.

BAM! Right back at you MICHAL. David tells her and in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS HE IS KING not HER DADDY and HE WILL INDEED C E L E B R A T E before the LORD! Looks like MICHAL may be in the MINORITY on this one folks..let's wait a moment as we are sure GOD has her back and will set DAVIS straight in an ISRAELI MINUTE..MICHAL is bound to be justified! BUT, wait! DAVID has something else to say, better be careful Dave, you're already on a short leash with that graphic display you call DANCING..GOD will not be mocked...

I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

WHAM! another knock down punch from the KING! MICHAL must be wondering where GOD is and why He is allowing this egotistical fool of a king to ramble..SURELY GOD WILL SMOTE HIM HARD AND BE MERCILESS and make this fool SUFFER GREATLY for his insolence towards the LORD..

But David acknowledges I WILL BE MORE UNDIGNIFIED! I WILL HUMILIATE MYSELF! He really doesn't care what people think when he knows his HEART is centered on the Lord. HE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE LORD, and even the SLAVE girls UNDERSTAND the PRAISE and WORSHIP he has given the LORD that day.

MICHAL maybe a bit flustered right now. This fool of a king CONTINUES to taunt GOD by RATIONING this VULGAR BEHAVIOR before GOD..Hopefully this lunatic will be struck down SOON!

2 SAMUEL 6:23

And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

THE NAIL IN MICHAL'S COFFIN, well, definitely to her womb...What woman didn't LIVE to have CHILDREN in this PATRIARCHAL society? Even MICHAL knew of teh IMPORTANCE of PSALM 127:3-5:

3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

Not "giving" her husband children as beyond DEVASTATING and EVERYONE knew the ONLY way a woman "failed" to provide heirs for her husband was if GOD was punishing her for some MAJOR TRANSGRESSION...

The transgression was BEING PRESUMPTUOUS ENOUGH to JUDGE ANOTHER PERSON'S HEART..

The OP stated 4. If all God cared about was our hearts, Muslims, Hindus and others worshiping their false man made idols and even unbelievers in the end should all get into the kingdom

See above for matters of the HEART..as for who enters the KINGDOM (and now I have been told there are LEVELS and "special" rewards for some?) won't we all be surprised at who we see beyond the pearly gates?

MATTHEW 19:25-26

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, He did not say THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY, He did not say ONLY CHRISTIANS, DISCIPLES, APOSTLES, or CERTAIN RELIGIONS..HE SAID ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE when it comes to WHO WILL BE SAVED..

As for the rest, my other posts and most future posts will discuss these and other issues.

PEACE--AND DANCE AS IF THE LORD IS THE ONLY ONE WATCHING!!

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 05-01-2015 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,408 times
David was dancing before the Lord to show how greatly he loved the Lord, with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. God says in the scriptures that David was a man after God's own heart. God told Samuel when He turned down all of David's older brothers to be anointed as king to replace Saull in 1 Samuel 16:[7] But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.. Then Samuel anointed David, the youngest son.

By the way, Jesus Himself said in John 14:[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 06-27-2015 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 09:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
AMEN...the heart, the foundation for LOVE, the basis of Jesus' GREATEST commandments to LOVE GOD, LOVE NEIGHBOR.

God will indeed judge us by the heart---

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:32 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
AMEN...the heart, the foundation for LOVE, the basis of Jesus' GREATEST commandments to LOVE GOD, LOVE NEIGHBOR.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water."

Old 06-27-2015, 03:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
I try my best, but this was more directed to all the blasts towards Christians on here lately by certain folks claiming we dont need a bible to know God or Jesus, your nothing but a fundamentalist for believing in the bible, or a bigot for speaking out agaisnt LGBT.

No one is perfect, but God does know the hearts of people who do genuinely try to follow him and know that they do respect his word and dont see it as an idol or just some book of fairy tales.
Right, now let those who reject the Bible and claim Christ, show us that Christ existed and was loving and wants us to be the same, WITHOUT ever referring to the Bible.

Kinda funny to quote a book that someone rejects.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

The greatest but not the only one.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
SAAN you are correct.
Ignore any comments to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity