Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
What have I said about divorce? You obviously know something I don't know. I don't see any of my responses dealing with the topic of divorce. I only came here to point out a posters being hypocritical.

Isn't that special. It is called false witness in this part of the world. Speaking about a woman with others in an attempt to gain information is called gossip.

I would divorce such a man of little character. Thankfully, I would have seen such a man from a mile away.

But, I would still serve such a shining example of Christian manhood cake. Today is Apple Spice, with a hit of cardamom. I use my homemade applesauce, fragrant with cinnamon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
The bottom line is that if we confess to be Children of God, and have given our lives to Him, then we only answer to Him and what He asks us to do. It's not about what we think is fair, or right or just as God has promised that He will work all things out for those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)

When you enter into marriage, it is a covenant between two people and also between them and God. This covenant cannot be broken by men, as it is a spiritual covenant. Both the man and the woman are held accountable to the length in which they abide by that covenant.

Jesus' own words are abundantly clear in the Scripture. We do not get a 'redo' when it comes to marriage, except for adultery.

We should not place any person on the same level as God when comes to matters of morality. We should go right to the source. It may be easy to vilify or discredit a man such as Mr. Dobson, but it's a lot more difficult to tell God He is wrong according to your own infinite wisdom.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
The bottom line is that if we confess to be Children of God, and have given our lives to Him, then we only answer to Him and what He asks us to do. It's not about what we think is fair, or right or just as God has promised that He will work all things out for those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)

When you enter into marriage, it is a covenant between two people and also between them and God. This covenant cannot be broken by men, as it is a spiritual covenant. Both the man and the woman are held accountable to the length in which they abide by that covenant.

Jesus' own words are abundantly clear in the Scripture. We do not get a 'redo' when it comes to marriage, except for adultery.

We should not place any person on the same level as God when comes to matters of morality. We should go right to the source. It may be easy to vilify or discredit a man such as Mr. Dobson, but it's a lot more difficult to tell God He is wrong according to your own infinite wisdom.
Well said.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Not that I condone this but a woman who is being beaten can stand up to her husband and say the next time you hit me I will hit you on the head with a cast iron skillet. You have to go to sleep sometime and when you do, EL KABONG. This will make the husband leave or repent of his wrongdoing. Of course this is just a short-term method as the love and trust has gone out of the marriage but hopefully will keep the woman safe until legal action takes place.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:47 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Dobson should be discredited. He thinks women should stay with husbands who are physically violent. Women, and children, need to be in safe environments. Not in a house with an abusive man. It's ridiculous to counsel women to stay with someone who will willingly hurt them. That's how women - and their children - end up dead.

Women shouldn't have to "change" a wife-beater. What a ludicrous, asinine thought. People like Dobson manage to come up with one ludicrous, asinine thought after another.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Not that I condone this but a woman who is being beaten can stand up to her husband and say the next time you hit me I will hit you on the head with a cast iron skillet. You have to go to sleep sometime and when you do, EL KABONG.
A ludicrous idea.

Carrying through with that is called domestic violence and the woman would be arrested. She would be investigated and her children could be taken from her and put in foster care. Or, worse, left in the hands of an abusive father.

Women need to get the heck out of violent situations and away from violent men. Not do something idiotic that can cause THEM to suffer and end up incarcerated. Just making that threat can result in a "terrorist threat" charge if the husband calls 911 and police respond. It's 2015 not 1952.

Women who threaten to harm a physically violent man often pay the price with more beatings. A man who will beat a woman is not going to be cowed into submission by someone threatening to hit him with a skillet. He will use that threat against her.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Not that I condone this but a woman who is being beaten can stand up to her husband and say the next time you hit me I will hit you on the head with a cast iron skillet. You have to go to sleep sometime and when you do, EL KABONG. This will make the husband leave or repent of his wrongdoing. Of course this is just a short-term method as the love and trust has gone out of the marriage but hopefully will keep the woman safe until legal action takes place.
...or she could just call the police and have him arrested and then try to get him help for his psychological issues. A woman or a man that is abused should do what is loving toward their spouse. This does not mean accepting or enduring abuse. If a man or woman gets arrested or incarcerated because of their own behaviors, then they will answer for it both in this world and with God.

You should never answer violence with more violence.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:03 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A ludicrous idea.

Carrying through with that is called domestic violence and the woman would be arrested. She would be investigated and her children could be taken from her and put in foster care. Or, worse, left in the hands of an abusive father.

Women need to get the heck out of violent situations and away from violent men. Not do something idiotic that can cause THEM to suffer and end up incarcerated. Just making that threat can result in a "terrorist threat" charge if the husband calls 911 and police respond. It's 2015 not 1952.

Women who threaten to harm a physically violent man often pay the price with more beatings. A man who will beat a woman is not going to be cowed into submission by someone threatening to hit him with a skillet. He will use that threat against her.
No kidding, that is why I said I do not condone, get a dictionary, Geez, what is your problem !!!!!

Old 05-13-2015, 10:04 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Just one persons opinion ;nothing else or representative of all ministers.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:04 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
...or she could just call the police and have him arrested and then try to get him help for his psychological issues. A woman or a man that is abused should do what is loving toward their spouse. This does not mean accepting or enduring abuse. If a man or woman gets arrested or incarcerated because of their own behaviors, then they will answer for it both in this world and with God.

You should never answer violence with more violence.
True... but all have a right to defend themselves and protect the innocent. How do you think the scene in the Bible played out when Jesus confronted the "money changers" in the temple? Righteous anger has it's place ... and yes violent at times. Jesus would have went to jail today.

Passiveness, meekness, humility, and righteous anger all have their place expressed appropriately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity