Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Where is Woodrow when you need him? So, this is what non-trinitarians believe. Everyone take note of that you speak against the Holy Spirit, then you speak against the Christ, then you speak against the Father; speak against one and you speak against all. I'm sure there are two other sub-forums that would embrace you in here.
Can't figure it out?...I'll help you out...I was being sarcastic and the link to the article he posted was a grammatical mess....And you cannot prove there is a trinity...G-d is one and that's that...Trinitarian belief is polytheism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:49 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Can't figure it out?...I'll help you out...I was being sarcastic and the link to the article he posted was a grammatical mess....And you cannot prove there is a trinity...G-d is one and that's that...Trinitarian belief is polytheism...
No it isn't polytheism it is paradoxical

Old 05-13-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
You misquoted it. It should be:

'But these enemies of mine, who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence'"

Can you see the difference? No, because you were given very little and less you will receive in life. The difference? This is not a quote of Jesus but the quote of a narrative Jesus is quoting from the parable of the King. Still don't get it? Because you were given little in life and less you will be given i.e. the Christ is quoting the king so I added the extra quotation marks. Still don't get it? Because you were given very little and less you will be given. Look at the quotation marks.

What is this parable about? It is about you and people like you. A parable is not an analogy or an allegory that is why it is given it's own figurative distinction of parable. Like a Sutra they may contain elements of both but it's its own figurative device. You do not understand what a figurative device is? Because you were given little and less you will be given in life.

So, the parable discusses three servants one of which listens to the defamation (like yours) of the king and because of that is not able to live abundantly or wisely (you again). There is more to it but you have been given little and less you will receive so it's like throwing pearls to swing to explain it to you.
You are right about it being a parable, you are on the path to solving it.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No it isn't polytheism it is paradoxical
Yea, it's polytheism...

Old 05-13-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Yea, it's polytheism...
Prove it

Old 05-14-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Prove it

polytheism

[ ˈpäliTHēˌizəm ]

NOUN
noun: polytheism

1. the belief in or worship of more than one god.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
polytheism

[ ˈpäliTHēˌizəm ]

NOUN
noun: polytheism

1. the belief in or worship of more than one god.

Nope, three entities =One God, One God= 3 Entities

Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Paradoxical

Old 05-14-2015, 11:09 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Nope, three entities =One God,
One God= 3 Entities

Paradoxical
All I can say is Katz made the perfect post about this absurdity. I was in stitches for hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Jesus said, Whom do men say that I am?
And his disciples answered and said, Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or other of the old prophets.
And Jesus answered and said, But whom do you say that I am?

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, but an economic subordination within God, a division which makes the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

Old 05-14-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All I can say is Katz made the perfect post about this absurdity. I was in stitches for hours.
There is no absurdity, you just don't understand, it's obvious you need some serious bible study. Someone to explain it to you.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Nope, three entities =One God, One God= 3 Entities

Paradoxical
entity

[ ˈentitē ]

NOUN
noun: entity · plural noun: entities

1. a thing with distinct and independent existence:
    "church and empire were fused in a single entity"

So you state that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are fused into one entity = one god?
G-d the Father, G-d the Son and G-d the Holy Spirit...Looks like three gods to me...Which equals POLYTHEISM and worship of such is breaking the first and second commandments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity