Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:21 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
As a parent I can tell you it is true. They have no standards to go by just wants.
As a parent i can tell you that being guided by wants and needs is not a wrong thing.

Love, kisses, food, more kisses, warmth, more kisses, laughter, and more kisses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
don't kid yourself ... just what are you going to do when you're forced to bow the knee before Jesus according to some?
Those "some" are as wrong as wrong can be.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, they were being adversarial...They not only did not enter themselves but blocked the way for those that would enter...
... it's a control issue.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:00 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Most people when reading "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" only see the evil.

God needed Adam and Eve to have a knowledge of good too, not just a knowledge of evil.
At-a-glance/The Bible - Religion-wiki

Old 05-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course he is.
Satan has never been a proper noun.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-13-2015 at 10:12 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Satan has never been a proper noun.

However, a common noun represents one or all of the members of a class.
A
nd, it can be preceded by the definite article; the Satan.

In other words, humanity or God can be an adversary.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:28 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
right ... that's why Jesus said the Jewish religious leaders that refused to believe that he was the promised Messiah belong to Satan.
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was
a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he
lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." ~
Jesus
Quote:
Besides...All of a sudden this evil, G-d opposing character pops up in history?...
Quote:
don't kid yourself ... just what are you going to do when you're forced to bow the knee before Jesus according to some?
Quote:
Dude...Whatever...lol...
Really ??
Isaiah 45:23
By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

Romans 14:11
It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”

Philippians 2:10
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Your lol is only short lived

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Those "some" are as wrong as wrong can be.
You're right .. those "some" are wrong as wrong can be.
  • "some" claim all bow eventually out of belief
  • "some" foolishly don't think it will happen at all

Old 05-13-2015, 10:39 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
They already knew the Good. All it did was introduce the Evil.
They knew the good because that was all they'd ever experienced. It would therefore have been impossible for them to truly recognize their circumstances as "good." If you'd never been sick a day in your life, you would be very unlikely to give your good health a second thought. If you'd never failed multiple times at something but has always had your initial efforts meet with success, you wouldn't know the true joy of finally attaining your goal. Everything has its opposite: good and evil, virtue and vice, pleasure and pain, good health and sickness, etc. The list is endless, and we need to be exposed to both in order to be able to appreciate the good. Likewise, we need to be given options in life which will enable us to grow and progress by coming to recognize that good choices will ultimately result in happiness and bad choices in sorrow.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
They didn't know 'good' because that concept of 'good' needs something to compare it to. If you asked them, 'Is this good?' they wouldn't know what you were talking about because they had no frame of reference. Good did not exist and evil did not exist until a point of reference was created which was the disobedience of God.
Quote:
But they didn't know good because they had no knowledge of good until they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good.
Quote:
Exactly!
It looks like everybody beat me to the point.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Being aware of goodness is not a good thing, by the way.
Why in the world not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity