Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 06:05 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You really ought to read the rest of the book. Read the 1st 7 chapters before this. Paul is saying this because they have all sinned. They are incapable of pleasing God in the flesh because they are sinful human beings - as descendants of Adam.
Yes, and God created them all flesh knowing full well in advance that the flesh is not able to please God.

Quote:
Again...you have yet to show me that God NEEDED anything. He wanted it to happen...but he didn't NEED it.
If you are without a bicycle and you build a bicycle, obviously you needed a bicycle.

Quote:
What law was that? Can you tell me what this law contained? Maybe some of the requirements of it?
Thou shalt not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Quote:
Yet...if you actually read all of Romans...you'll find out that man is slave to sin and we are all born sinners -- at war with God. It's because of God electing some to salvation that they may know him. (Rom 8-9)
Actually we are born dying and for that all sin (Rom.5:12).
Your Romans 8-9 are not concerning what Adam did and how the dying process entered into the world and for that all sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Again I like your comments, however if Eve knew No difference they why did Eve accurately reply to Satan at Genesis 3:3

Adam went so far as to blame God for giving him Eve at Genesis 3:12
Eve did not accurately reply to satan in the temptation. She told the serpent she was told not to touch the fruit. God said Do not eat.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Again..God has not revealed anything in his Word regarding anything of the sort. On the contrary, he has said in Acts 17:24-25:

"“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.n 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else."
Well, God needs nothing from humans such as serving Him to bring about the world and all that is in it.

But if He created the world, He must have needed a world or else He wouldn't have created the world. Get it?

God needed Adam and Eve to sin so He could bring about the Saviour. God foretold the Saviour right after they sinned. The Saviour is not plan B. It was always Plan A.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Genesis 3:3 "but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'"

Eve did not accurately reply (to the serpent) but rather she repeated accurately what Adam had told her that G()D had told him about the forbidden tree.

Adam had added to what G()D had told him.

Genesis 2:15...

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Do you see what was added?

If you've ever been married you would know women always misunderstand what the man tells her.
I doubt Adam told her not to touch it. Most likely she just added that part.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 AM

23 posts, read 18,381 times
Quote:
Can you provide me a single verse that states that God needed ANYTHING? God didn't need Adam and Eve to do anything, or have a knowledge of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Most people when reading "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" only see the evil.

God needed Adam and Eve to have a knowledge of good too, not just a knowledge of evil.
The word needed should be replaced with intended: "God intended Adam and Eve to have a knowledge of good too, not just evil" else why wouldn't God set the cherubim and the flaming sword to keep them away from "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" of as He did with "the tree of the living". (ref. Gen 3:24)

Although Adam and Eve did disobey God by eating "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", it was His intention for them to eat so their eyes would be opened.

CLV Ro 9:19 You will be protesting to me, then, "Why, then, is He still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?"

Old 05-14-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougj7 View Post
The word needed should be replaced with intended: "God intended Adam and Eve to have a knowledge of good too, not just evil" else why wouldn't God set the cherubim and the flaming sword to keep them away from "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" of as He did with "the tree of the living". (ref. Gen 3:24)

Although Adam and Eve did disobey God by eating "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", it was His intention for them to eat so their eyes would be opened.

CLV Ro 9:19 You will be protesting to me, then, "Why, then, is He still blaming? for who has withstood His intention?"
Those are all very good thoughts dougj.

If you had no shoes and you made a pair for yourself I would say you intended to make those shoes and needed them.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:27 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Those are all very good thoughts dougj.

If you had no shoes and you made a pair for yourself I would say you intended to make those shoes and needed them.
If you did not need them you would only make them if you wanted to.

You start out with a premise that there was any need and ....... there wasn't. It was a choice God made not an need. You start with a circular argument.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
nope .... that's the "all" crowd claim despite the adamant atheist or those adamant non-Christian faiths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's right, you're from the - it's the too late show.

The Spirit wrote in my heart what Jesus taught and taught others:
For judgment I have come into this world, ... ” ~Jesus

"For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat." ~ The Spirit confirming Jesus

"The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, " ~ The Spirit confirming Jesus

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ" ~ The Spirit confirming Jesus

and when do people stand before God who is Christ
"Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment," ~ The Spirit confirming Jesus

"the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and
to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
" ~ The Spirit confirming Jesus
fyi: "The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, " so much for those who argue "judge not",

Old 05-14-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If you did not need them you would only make them if you wanted to.

You start out with a premise that there was any need and ....... there wasn't. It was a choice God made not an need. You start with a circular argument.
Oh, let me think this through. God created the heavens and earth because He didn't need that. Oh, o.....kay.

That reminds me of a country that built thousands of miles of highway simply because they didn't need them.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:23 PM

691 posts, read 641,307 times
It is written a good tree cannot produce evil fruit and an evil tree can not produce good fruit, and in such it is not what goes in a man that defiles him but that which comes forth is that which defiles him.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Matt 12:35-37

And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man, and a just:
Luke 23:50

So was Joseph a 'good' man or is the Bible in error?

Yes
Spoiler
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Mark 10:18

NO
Spoiler
And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
John 19:38

DON'T KNOW
Spoiler
A true witness delivereth souls:
Prov 14:25
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity