Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 12:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If Creationists want to use god for those gaps. I am ok with that. I do question anyone claiming proof of god, afterlife, and beginning of life on earth. We simply don't know and can't ever prove these. Any evidence is speculation at best which is why creation and evolution (and any future theories) will remain theories.
yup. life started on earth. Life came from a comet or something. Or life started because DNA, or the like, is a Von Nuemann probe. All valid, yet not "4"certian.

ya know I was thinking. The reason you and I went fairly quickly through the debate is that I don't believe either ( or is eye-ther) of us had an "agenda" or "emotional connection". it was just a matter of fact only debate. so the facts were just the facts. And both conclusion were based on them and, although they differ a little bit, are both valid. And we could see that.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,212,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Anyone who tries to connect creationism with evolution doesn't understand evolution.

Go study some biology first. You're arguing from ignorance if you do continue to try and connect the two.
I agree. It's the same as people who think GMO's are evil but yet they can't tell you the first thing about the structure of DNA or what base pairs contribute to it's structure.

There is no excuse for ignorance in this day and age of information technology.

Not only should they study biology but take a few courses in genetics and evolutionary biology while they're at it.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-20-2015 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 12:51 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,212,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Evolution is just plain wrong.
Do you have verifiable credible sources to back up your claim?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:00 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,582,895 times
Quote:
I do question anyone claiming proof of god, afterlife, and beginning of life on earth. We simply don't know and can't ever prove these. Any evidence is speculation at best which is why creation and evolution (and any future theories) will remain theories.
But see, here's where you're displaying a striking ignorance of the subject on not just one, but two levels. First of all, you are conflating origin of life and evolution of life. These are two completely separate topics, and when you dismiss evolutionary science because it can not explain how life on Earth began, it's the same thing as telling a plumber that you don't trust him to fix your broken pipe because he doesn't understand how copper is mined. You don't seem to realize that your argument is completely off point; it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject you're debating, and if you don't realize that, then it goes a long way toward explaining why you seem to be missing so many other points everyone is making as well.

Second, you continue to obfuscate the definition of "theory" by lumping evolutionary theory and creation "theory" into the same category. One is science, the other is mythology. That error has been clearly pointed out to you in this thread (more than once, I believe) yet you continue to make the same misstatement. That means one of two things - either you still genuinely don't understand the difference (in which case you don't understand even the most basic level of what's being discussed here), or you're being deliberately dishonest.

Either way, this thread is a textbook example of why it's pointless to debate any adult who refuses to accept the fact of evolution. Evolution is so clearly and so indisputably, obviously true that anyone who continues to deny it is either incapable of understanding it, or for some reason simply refuses to admit it. Either way, there's no point in trying to have a serious discussion with them.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:00 PM

18,431 posts, read 9,056,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
www.itstruebecauseibelieveit.com

Old 05-20-2015, 02:40 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,778,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
If you would believe in the word of God, He made (created), that excludes evolution as evolutionist believe, God does not need evolution, Adam and Eve were made perfect, very good in the eyes of God, not in millions of years, but in 24 hours, one day our time. Why you want to believe in deception from the god of this world, a deceiver?
This stuff is priceless.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:42 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,749,967 times
I have read that God's time is not the same as our time. So our 24 hours is not the same for God.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:28 PM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
First of all the thread was started by the OP as someone who is against Christianity, than the "unbelievers" and atheists jumped on the wagon, the thread became anti-Christian.
There is evidence enough in the Creation to be seen (Rom1:20), but the god of this world is blinding people to deceive them and evolution is one tool. "Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools (Rom 1:22)." " Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever (Rom1:25).
Your evidence is biased by your "faith". There is as much evidence against you, you just deny, because of your "believe". The facts are, whether evolution nor Creation has no proof. As a believer I find in the wonders of this world more of a mighty Creator than an evolution by change, for me it is an impossibility, some scientists have discovered it too. But the deniers of God have no other change, till they find another solution. I have good news for them. Soon fallen angels will appear to tell us they are the creators of this world. But the bad news is that everyone that believes them are lost.
The OP posted this elsewhere:
Quote:
gardeningview
befriend

34 posts, read 9,769 times
Every book of the Bible was written under God's inspiration. No single human has written any of the 66 books without God's approval, if that was the case, there would be endless errors and confusion due to man's imperfection. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that "All scripture is inspired of God". In the early days people wrote on slabs of rocks/tablets, animal skins and on papyrus leaves found in the river Nile. God had Moses write these Bible history that took place long before he was born, they were written not under man's power but under God's.
Rate this post positively
Not obviously 'against Christianity'.
The evidence of Creation does not stand up to scrutiny. If a god was involved in it, it was evidently though an evolutionary process. Not all done in a week.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
If Creationists want to use god for those gaps. I am ok with that. I do question anyone claiming proof of god, afterlife, and beginning of life on earth. We simply don't know and can't ever prove these. Any evidence is speculation at best which is why creation and evolution (and any future theories) will remain theories.
I so often see this argument that we 'don' know' and just have to believe this or that. I don't understand why it is such a sticking -point with looking at what the evidence tells us. It tells us that life went through an evolutionary process over millions of years. There is verified evidence for that. The Bible says it was done in a week. all the evidence is against that.

If you want to put a god in the gaps, you can, just so long as we don't get people claiming that they know this is true On Faith and decrying those who say 'We don't know'. Because 'we don't know' is logically valid. 'We know on Faith' is not. It is very simple.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Cue a list of links to Creationists sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity