Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 04:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
More importantly with regard to gaps in evolutionary theory, those gaps don't leave "evidence" based people with anything on which to accept the Genesis view by creationists. Genesis itself doesn't provide anything on which even people of faith are to accept it as fact. And many of the early church fathers saw Genesis as allegorical. Origen and Augustine both believed in instantaneous creation, no six days and nights. For them, it made no sense that an all powerful God would need six days to do anything. He spoke once and it all came into being. In that sense, fundamentalists would hold them to be totally incorrect, because their point is not about how powerful God is, but rather how powerful the Bible is.
Thats all fine and dandy, but it doesn't address what we see. It address what they think. And why the rock record, understanding of physics, and chemisrty to make it "look like" evolution?

and "All pwoerful", what the heck does that mean? what they need daddy to be perfect or they aint playing?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:29 PM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You're very welcome

MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is a theory in crisis and is collapsing as scientists lose confidence in it.

CORRECTION: Evolutionary theory is not in crisis; scientists accept evolution as the best explanation for life's diversity because of the multiple lines of evidence supporting it, its broad power to explain biological phenomena, and its ability to make accurate predictions in a wide variety of situations. Scientists do not debate whether evolution took place, but they do debate many details of how evolution occurred and occurs in different circumstances. Antievolutionists may hear the debates about how evolution occurs and misinterpret them as debates about whether evolution occurs. Evolution is sound science and is treated accordingly by scientists and scholars worldwide.

The only crisis going on right now (in the eyes of fundamental religion teachers and followers) is that fundamental views are dying out at a rapid pace and people are walking away from fundamental religion.

To that I will say...show me the evidence where one single evolutionary scientist claims that dogs gave birth to cats.
Then some Creationist or other with a degree in Engineering is trotted out to say so. (Evolutionary scientists don't count as they are all biased atheists) In my particular case, a video was produced...

Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,212,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Then some Creationist or other with a degree in Engineering is trotted out to say so. (Evolutionary scientists don't count as they are all biased atheists) In my particular case, a video was produced...
Was it credible verifiable solid reproducible evidence?

Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 PM

1,422 posts, read 946,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So in short, any god was conceived by humans.

I would concur.
It requires something akin to 'sifting the wheat from the chaff' or refining concepts re G()D ideas so that the ones which are chock full of human vanity are swept aside and into the 'ignore' tray.

The idea of G()Ds are indeed part of the human condition and a natural extension of the human position in relation to thought processes yet that alone does not conclude that G()D and G()Ds do not exist 'just because' humans have the annoying habit of reticulation of ideas into things that humans can control, and lets face it, controlling the idea of G()D = controlling large amounts of humans for devious purposes.

(take away G()D from this process and what is left is something atheists agree is nothing better.)

But the human playground is merely that. If consciousness has evolved on other planets in the galaxy, there is no doubt that it too would conjure up ideas of G()D - and in relation to some theories involving the evolution of consciousness, such a thing is a natural occurrence reflecting the source of consciousness which is what we essentially all derive from (according to the theories) so it is not that hard to understand that it is a little of both. G()D was conceived by a consciousness able to do so, because G()D exists - but not at all necessarily the way the ideas in such things are believed to be.

Quote:
There are various reasons why humans conceived their various gods, part of it was to explain what at the time was unexplainable, such as thunder, part of it was that I do agree that humans have an innate drive to be spiritual in some way or other, end religion and gods were conceived to control populations.

Spirituality does not mean one has to buy into any religion or god concept.
This is correct. The story of the Universe is still unfolding. Controlling populations with faulty concepts is (as can be seen historically) a bad long-term idea wrought with its own problems. Controlling populations is somewhat necessary and doing so with fear-based supplements has not been the best of ideas, especially when those ideas involve G()D.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You are wrong. We know why the Uncertainty Principal is a law....Because we can measure the smallest things. Keep in mind there are no true "particles" and yet the Uncertainty Principle is a mathematically proven law....like it or not. :
That is what I was attempting to convey when I said that the universe was mathematically perfect. Even laws such as the "Uncertainty Principal" is reflective of this.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM

I don't know why people think evolution disproves that G()D exists.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,544,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
I don't know why people think evolution disproves that G()D exists.
Things that are not proven cannot be used to disprove anything.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Things that are not proven cannot be used to disprove anything.
Well that just about says it all for everything pretty much. So with that in mind, are the arguments over?

*laughter*

Old 06-03-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
That is what I was attempting to convey when I said that the universe was mathematically perfect. Even laws such as the "Uncertainty Principal" is reflective of this.
Nope you are still not getting it. Any Quantum formulas created by man were done so to describe the Universe...and what they see is that the Universe is not mathematically precise at all.

The Uncertainty Principal is about a mathematical probability not precision....probabilities are not precise when you can't measure them.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:25 PM

Evolution in the making

Why Australia has a walking fish problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity