Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 02:27 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Point to where the word "all" is used .... guess what .... thanks for proving a secondary point that I've concluded long ago concerning the intolerance of the so-called tolerant.

What is being seen as the potential "gotcha" , instead actually exposes the opposite of just how little it takes of the salivating condition of the near rabid narrative of certain folks.
You conveniently forgot to add the rest of my post!! I'm no rabid anything BTW..simply a tolerant human being who doesn't care to JUDGE anybody..and as Pope Francis said "Who are we to Judge" is powerful message to mankind!!

Below is the rest of my snipped post by you~~

Maybe you should have included your view on this story tho old, your viewpoint..as simply there's far too much Islamophobia threads going here on C-D ! Baiting is not such a good idea really :-(

Old 05-17-2015, 03:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,908,534 times
Quote:
Point to where the word "all" is used .... guess what .... thanks for proving a secondary point that I've concluded long ago concerning the intolerance of the so-called tolerant.
Your OP title makes an unsubstantiated (if not lying) claim about requiring removal of "offending crosses" and you cavil about the word "all?"

Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,484,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They look like people who desire to worship in privacy, according to their own beliefs.
Nothing wrong with that, unless you want to force your set of beliefs upon them.
ah .. finally someone who (though objects to the OP) perceives the larger point which I disagree the reply is that this a private Christian College ... a private Christian College has every right to keep to it's belief and not cater.

As Finn said in other OP's ... there are more and more examples of attempting or limiting the exercise of non-violent expression of Christian faith under the guise of "equality" and incendiary intimidation language by those who oppose Christianity's right to say "no, we're not going to cater to you based on religious principles and doctrine" .

Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,150,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Your OP title makes an unsubstantiated (if not lying) claim about requiring removal of "offending crosses" and you cavil about the word "all?"
His OP was pulled from a 'story' that is being plastered all over right-wing web sites. He won't substantiate it because he cannot substantiate it.

This is a non-story meant to incite and inflame anti-Muslim sentiment. Which is nothing new with fundamentalists and the far-right wing. It's no different than lying about any other minority. It comes from hate, bigotry and prejudice.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
yup ... funny how you fail to realize who began that unsubstantiated (if not lying) claim that I had.
But what else is new from the wolf pack that is all to eager to get in their gotcha narrative.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:21 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,908,534 times
Quote:
yup ... funny how you fail to realize who began that unsubstantiated (if not lying) claim that I had.
But what else is new from the wolf pack that is all to eager to get in their gotcha narrative.
What is NOT new is that you have posted a lie, whether innocently believing it to be true or not. In cases like this it is imperative that the OP substantiate his information or open himseslf up to absolutely righteous criticism.

The suit was filed by a lawyer, not muslims and does not list muslim complainants, refers only to a separate place of worship without standard Catholic decorations and is blatantly skewed to make muslims look like they are aggressively intolerant.

You owe us all an apology.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:28 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,841,836 times
This is an old complaint filed in 2011 by one man, who could not find any Muslim students at Catholic University to support his complaint. The person filing the complaint has a history of filing complaints and suing over lots of varied issues.

Here is a link to the 2011 CD thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...y-violate.html

Old 05-17-2015, 03:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,160,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
His OP was pulled from a 'story' that is being plastered all over right-wing web sites. He won't substantiate it because he cannot substantiate it.

This is a non-story meant to incite and inflame anti-Muslim sentiment. Which is nothing new with fundamentalists and the far-right wing. It's no different than lying about any other minority. It comes from hate, bigotry and prejudice.
Yep.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,160,219 times
Quote:
The blow-back looks good on you.

Another twin-spun Fail.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

ah ... my referring to this wasn't to inflame anti-Muslim sentiment.

However an observation: This shows just what the near rabid narrative playbook that is headed and intended for any Christian run entity (public or private).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.