Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 PM

867 posts, read 908,763 times

Advertisements

We all lament how religion without immigration is in slight decline here in the United States. However, would you rather the case that Christianity was declining BECAUSE people were converting to Islam and Judaism? Or alternatively would you like to live in a Muslim or Jewish Nation if you can't live in a Christian one? I mean we can always be a Christian derived country but impose Sharia and the Talmud and would you want to live in that?

God works in mysterious ways; the fact that people are choosing to be nothing something wrong makes all the more sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 03:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
We all lament how religion without immigration is in slight decline here in the United States. However, would you rather the case that Christianity was declining BECAUSE people were converting to Islam and Judaism? Or alternatively would you like to live in a Muslim or Jewish Nation if you can't live in a Christian one? I mean we can always be a Christian derived country but impose Sharia and the Talmud and would you want to live in that?

God works in mysterious ways; the fact that people are choosing to be nothing something wrong makes all the more sense to me.
We are headed for Christian Sharia Law, so what difference is there between any religious law that becomes the standard? NOTHING> There is NO such thing as GOOD RELIGIOUS law imposed on the masses.

Think about the period in America from 1620 through 1680s.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
I'd say we are headed further away from Christian sharia law, and that's a good thing. Once reaction to what so many Christians have made it in that regard is no longer a factor for rejecting Christianity, maybe we will have a fresh look at the real message!

Old 05-21-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'd say we are headed further away from Christian sharia law, and that's a good thing. Once reaction to what so many Christians have made it in that regard is no longer a factor for rejecting Christianity, maybe we will have a fresh look at the real message!
I really hope you are right. But the more hear some idiots talk (Hucklebee, Bush III, Dobson, Cruz, and company) I fear we may see biblical law imposed on all living creatures here in America.

Just look at the recent legislation both in DC and at the state level..welfare folks cannot but BEEF or seafood? Is that logical??

I am afraid, VERY AFRAID.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:22 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We are headed for Christian Sharia Law, so what difference is there between any religious law that becomes the standard? NOTHING> There is NO such thing as GOOD RELIGIOUS law imposed on the masses.

Think about the period in America from 1620 through 1680s.
That period was the Golden Age of America, according to the Religious Right. They long to return to that idealized past.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I really hope you are right. But the more hear some idiots talk (Hucklebee, Bush III, Dobson, Cruz, and company) I fear we may see biblical law imposed on all living creatures here in America.

Just look at the recent legislation both in DC and at the state level..welfare folks cannot but BEEF or seafood? Is that logical??

I am afraid, VERY AFRAID.
I don't notice that the crowd you mention are getting that much traction. And when you look at the long arc, it is apparent that religiosity has been decreasing for quite a long time. I think what we are seeing is the desperation of religious zealots who know they are losing their grip, so they increase the volume of their demands.

I don't think they are a cause for fear, but I do think they are cause for vigilance. And there is nothing new about that.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't notice that the crowd you mention are getting that much traction. And when you look at the long arc, it is apparent that religiosity has been decreasing for quite a long time. I think what we are seeing is the desperation of religious zealots who know they are losing their grip, so they increase the volume of their demands.

I don't think they are a cause for fear, but I do think they are cause for vigilance. And there is nothing new about that.
Here in the county I live in, as long as you preface what you say with a bible verse or saying IT BE GOD'S WILL, you can pretty much get the community to do what ever you want in the way of limiting choices or kicking the least of these to the curb.

In fact, the Canadian born son of Cuban immigrants is coming here next week for a meet and greet $60 dinner only and $150 VIP...

Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post

Real Christianity is always a small minority. Weed filled Churches will decline and ...... so what. They are doomed in any event.

Now it is better to have a measure of freedom than none, but Real Christians live in all lands and obey God. Usually those with persecution are better at being believers than those who live in freer lands, so ... here in the good ole USA we actually have tougher time being faithful. Which is why we have so many valid complaints about "christian" activism, etc. They serve Satan's goals by turning people away. Remember weeds push out and kill wheat in a field where they are allowed to grow and make the field look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity